Bad
Good

When i took my son to be enrolled in 7th grade the mexican lady in the counselors office was yhe rudest person i have ever dealt with,she basically refused to help my son get enrolled.my son was out of school for over a month.This year my son has started acting up and their principal basicly is ready to kick him out of school. I was shocked when i had a conference with him. He is not a good principal at all. I expected more intetest in him trying to help my son. Guess not..

This is the worst school my kids ever been to. I see why the school has rating at 4. The teachers put the kids out of class for no reason. I've had a principal lie to me in my face and i caught him right in the lie. So if the principal lies all the teachers lie. The really don't care about those kids, they are there just to get there checks. The school district is behind. So what that tell you. Adams Middle School in Grand Prairie is not a good school.

Staff is rude (not all but the majority) and very unprofessional! After school, kids are hanging around the school, crusing loud and being very disrespectful! Noone is there to tell these kids to go home! they are just hanging out...well after 5:00 pm! There is a coach (I guess that's what you would call him) that curses out the kids and demeanors them.... I would LOVE for him to say these things that he says to the kids to me........I've complained to the Asst Prinicpal who has done absolutely nothing!!! He continues to curse the young men out and name call them... Names that are VERY VERY inappropriate... He is suppose to be a leader!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am taking this matter much higer since the Asst Principal thinks its not a serious matter. The cheerleaders don't cheer at games... the band doesn't play at games... there are no activities for the kids... the parents have no type of relationship w/the staff.... come on... it's about the kids!!!! Teaching is not a job... it's a way of love and life!!!!!!!!!

My experience with Adams has been poor at best. My daughter has reported that students often fight and get shoved around the halls. She witnessed a friend getting punched in the face during an AP class, and other friends have been shoved against lockers. Quite frankly I am scared to drop her off some days. The administration lacks strong leadership and the princi"pal" is more interested in friending the children than in controlling the school. I can't wait to get my daughter out of this school.

My son is finishing his 8th grade year at Adams. Mr. Harrison, the principal, was great but, as with so many great educators, he was promoted to administration. I don't believe that the children were challenged academically and the lack of homework has not prepared them for high school. I was told by an Adams teacher that they are instructed not to give the students homework, so all tests are reviewed in class and all assignments done during class time. Having come from a private school, Adams did not accept my son's outstanding grades and Stanford test scores as reason enough to put him in advanced courses until he had 'proven himself in the public school'. Consequently, the testing took months, the results meant nothing for this year, and he finishes unchallenged with a 96 GPA for the year.

I have had 2 boys attend this school. They both have been involved in the pre AP programs and enjoyed their classes. The entire staff is friendly, welcoming and cares for each student as a individual. I can not say enough good things about Mr. Harrison as a Principal, HE IS AWSOME !! and the kids LOVE him. He is fare and rewards the good that is done, however he is also strict and runs a tight ship. Every school should have a Principal like him. If they did more good would come out of it.

I have been a student at adams middle school for about to years.I have just left the school to go to the 9th grade but i don't even want to leave. Those two years have been some of my best school years ever.I love my principal my teachers and all my freinds and i will miss them all so much.

I'm a parent to child Desmond H. Mason - 8th grader. I would like for Principal Harrison and the entire teaching and coaching staff to know that they are great at what they do. My son transferred from Crockett Middle School in Irving, TX in which he had many challenges. Since he made the switch this year and last have been his best years in school. Principal Harrison is one of the best principals a parent could ever want. He really cares about his students. I love the teaching staff because they let our kids be kids. I hope Principal Harrison can read this to his staff. I really want them to know that you guys have meant alot to me. Desmond is so very happy with his school - Adams. I'm very proud of what the school stands for, which is higher learning

Mr. Harrison is the principal and he runs a tight ship. He focuses on creating an environment where the teachers can teach and students can learn. Ms. Mersikosky runs the GT program there and encourages students to reach their full potential with constant reminders that they are laying the foundation for a successful educational career. The teachers love to teach and hold students accountable to reaching their potential - I love the ability to look at my kids grades online and email back and forth with all of the teachers. I highly recommend this school and its excellent faculty.

Our daughter is finishing up 8th grade at Adams. She has had 3 good years here. I have watched Adams grow in Acedmics, Morale and Character. The principal was Administrator of the Year by the TCTA. This is his 2nd year at Adams and you couldn't ask for a more dedicated individual to run this school. The PTA has done an OK job the past few years, but there still isn't much parent involvement. It is the job of the parent to get involved and know what is being taught to their children. Overall, our experience with Adams has been good.

Last modified John Adams Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.