Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Get rid of the principal and the school will be better. Don't believe those good reviews. I was a teacher there and it was horrible for the teachers! Don't get me wrong, there are some good teachers there but a lot of the other good teachers have left because of her. The teacher turnover is high. Teachers are always leaving because of her. If she genuinely cared about her staff teachers would stay. If I was a teacher searching for a job I would quickly skip this campus. The principal is not compassionate, she only cares about producing good scores to look good for the "big wigs". She makes the teachers work like a dog and when you tell her you have to tend to your own family she's offended- just because we are not single and no children like her. If you are a teacher that wants to make a difference in the educational system by growing into different avenues of education, this isn't t the school for you. She makes it hard and is not supportive. If you are a good teacher she'll try to block you so you can't go to another campus or move up. She's not a principal to inspire you, rather she is a principal that wants you to do good to make her shine!! Pathethic!! She'll probably read this and take this out on the teachers that's left- because she's offended that someone is speaking the truth about her. Unhappy teacher=unhappy student. If she changed her thinking and feelings she would be a better person.

The principal doesn't want to be bothered, she is very fake- she will seem as though she cares but she really doesn't. She has poor communication skills. She doesn't care about the teachers, students nor parents. You can tell she bullies the teachers by their attitudes. There is a high turnover of teachers. Every year they have wayyyyy to many new teachers. I withdrew my child because of the poor building atmosphere-all of the teachers look like they hate it there. To me it seems as though the morale is low. Trust me if your teachers aren't happy then your child isn't happy! Take your child somewhere else!! I've had my child at other schools And in comparison to those teachers- it's a world of a difference. I'm so glad we moved! Maybe if they get rid of her the school will get better.

I love the school and my kids too. The Secretary ms caballero is really nice. And the school is really clean.

Had to take my child out kinder because a child with autism was disrupting the classroom. Where are my rights as a parent?

Austin Elemntary is a great school. My son had adjustment problems when he first enrolled in austin and after two weeks he loved it. the teachers there care about their students and take time and talk with the parents. If my son was good at a certain academic or was struggling in one, the teacher would immediately make you aware. All his teachers from K through 2nd have been great. This is truly a really great school. All the staff in the office is very courteous and helpful and remember parents and their students by name. My son has never had any problems from bullying or fighting in school and i never hear anything bad about other classmates. I know my child is getting a good education from his teachers and they do their best to make sure their students are maintaining a good academic grade.

Last modified Stephen F Austin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.