Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I feel this way because the way this school has treated my child by changing his schedule 22 times this year alone. They have also messing up attendance by marking him there when he is actually absent or marking him absent when he is there so it makes it look like he is skipping.

My son has had the worst experience at Grand Prairie High they are setting him up to fail they keep marking him absent when he is there and there when he is absent his schedule had been changed over 21 times this year alone. My son was also suppose to take a staar test but they didn't have him taking it and sent him to the gym to sit. Well 2 days later he had to take this test.

My daughter has not had the best 1st year experience here. She says they do not have enough resources for learning and that the teacher's don't seem very interested in teaching or making sure the students learn. She says the teacher's have minimal control over the classrooms and it difficult to focus and learn. As a parent I am concerned for my child education, these years are very essential. We will be looking for other school that she can attend with better learning environment. From others I have spoken with, this school is no the best.

I really love the atmosphere of the whole place. I find the teachers are really fun and that the staff actually take the time to make 'friendships' with the students....

this school might be over crowded but it is great with teaching students discipline and making the student work the hardest they can

it's a great shcool although sometimes it gets out of control, i tihnk they try to do all they can for the students to succed.

Ok first of all I'm a graduate of class of 05. The school is great and so are the teachers. All the ones I had really tired to push the students to do great. The parents are the ones that need to encourge their kids and push them to do better. After all the teachers do all that they can do.

I am a college senior that graduated from GP in 2004. While I had my share of ups and downs throughout my teenage years, I would have to say that the school still prepared me for my future. So many of the comments on here blame the school for so many of their childrens' shortcomings when in reality it is the parents that need the reality check. My mother made sure to force me into extracurricular programs, and I am all the better because of it. My involvement with the track team, step team, and student council really helped me to become the leader that I am today on my college campus. While there could def be some improvements with the staff, you have to remember that they are not the only influence in your children's lives. Parents need to make sure to provide that extra push and encouragement needed.

I attend this school and I don't think its as bad as people say it is. We are not all the same and there are actually some kids that care about there education.

Last modified Grand Prairie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.