Grand Prairie, TX
Students enrolled: 2,502

Grand Prairie High School 1

Posted March 26, 2015
My daughter has not had the best 1st year experience here. She says they do not have enough resources for learning and that the teacher's don't seem very interested in teaching or making sure the students learn. She says the teacher's have minimal control over the classrooms and it difficult to focus and learn. As a parent I am concerned for my child education, these years are very essential. We will be looking for other school that she can attend with better learning environment. From others I have spoken with, this school is no the best.

Posted September 16, 2009
I really love the atmosphere of the whole place. I find the teachers are really fun and that the staff actually take the time to make 'friendships' with the students....

Grand Prairie High School 5

Posted December 20, 2008
this school might be over crowded but it is great with teaching students discipline and making the student work the hardest they can

Grand Prairie High School 3

Posted October 30, 2008
it's a great shcool although sometimes it gets out of control, i tihnk they try to do all they can for the students to succed.

Posted October 17, 2008
Ok first of all I'm a graduate of class of 05. The school is great and so are the teachers. All the ones I had really tired to push the students to do great. The parents are the ones that need to encourge their kids and push them to do better. After all the teachers do all that they can do.

Posted September 17, 2008
I am a college senior that graduated from GP in 2004. While I had my share of ups and downs throughout my teenage years, I would have to say that the school still prepared me for my future. So many of the comments on here blame the school for so many of their childrens' shortcomings when in reality it is the parents that need the reality check. My mother made sure to force me into extracurricular programs, and I am all the better because of it. My involvement with the track team, step team, and student council really helped me to become the leader that I am today on my college campus. While there could def be some improvements with the staff, you have to remember that they are not the only influence in your children's lives. Parents need to make sure to provide that extra push and encouragement needed.

Posted May 22, 2008
I attend this school and I don't think its as bad as people say it is. We are not all the same and there are actually some kids that care about there education.

Grand Prairie High School

Posted April 05, 2008
This school has been accademically unacceptable for 3 years and has also failed the improve as required by the state. Since there are only two high schools, we have no choice but to send our kids to this inner city ghetto. It is horrible that we have so many kids and parents that don't care about education.

Grand Prairie High School 2

Posted March 03, 2008
school does not prepare students to be able to compete in college or at the univesity level of classes. I have two kids in college, and they are struggling.

Posted May 16, 2007
Things to be proud of about GPHS. TAKS results do not tell the entire story. Of just under 600 seniors: 113 are 'Great Texas Scholars' - program sponsored by Chamber of Commerce that encourages community service, participation on local government, attendance at Council & School Board meetings, and more rigorous courses. 313 are college-bound who have been awarded in excess of $1,700,000 in scholarships. Those who have pride in themselves, have pride in their school, and they exhibit it well. Parental involvement is subject to a number of factors. Those committed to their kids and their community are involved here!

Grand Prairie High School
101 High School Drive, Grand Prairie, TX  75050
Last modified Grand Prairie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grand Prairie High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top