Bad
Good

My school is actually pretty awesome now that we have a new principal. The Pre-Ap teachers are amazing and really understand how our minds work. They not only educate us on test-based curriculum but intrigue us with intelligent conversations about the real-world. They help us to understand much more than just simple questions. Indeed. Our school is quite amazing. Nowadays, the rules are more enforced creating a more structured learning environment. Another interesting fact is that next school year we will be becoming an environmental science academy. And yes sometimes classrooms are crowded. But I've been in classes with barely 10 students. If anything it's a matter of scheduling and flexibility of specialized classes. In fact, I had to drop out of GT science in order to stay in Algebra 1 and Competition theatre. Which brings me to the point that next year, any students with Algebra 1, Geometry, and/or English 1 will only be given 1 period for these specialized classes; creating flexibility for these students schedules.in conclusion, speaking with first hand experience, Jackson is actually much better than most people think.If anything it's just students who don't enjoy learning.

I don't like the fact it is hard to reach a teacher ,have to leave message which never get return, go to school need appt. ,can't get appt until you speak to teacher .

This school lacks skilled teachers in the Pre-AP program. Honestly, they are lacking enthusiasm, because they either have been there too long, or they are overwhelmed with class sizes. The school accepts tranfers, whereby other middle schools in the district simply do not. This however, contributes to overcrowding. I suggest additional teachers, and decrease class sizes.

I am starting my 3rd year as a Teacher at Jackson and I believe that it is a wonderful school. The principal cares about the kids and he works with the parents to help them be successful life long learners. Our TAKS scores have gone up tremendously in math and reading since the last year. The atmosphere is friendly and the teachers work hard. I love it!

Last modified Andrew Jackson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.