Posted June 01, 2014
My school is actually pretty awesome now that we have a new principal. The Pre-Ap teachers are amazing and really understand how our minds work. They not only educate us on test-based curriculum but intrigue us with intelligent conversations about the real-world. They help us to understand much more than just simple questions. Indeed. Our school is quite amazing. Nowadays, the rules are more enforced creating a more structured learning environment. Another interesting fact is that next school year we will be becoming an environmental science academy. And yes sometimes classrooms are crowded. But I've been in classes with barely 10 students. If anything it's a matter of scheduling and flexibility of specialized classes. In fact, I had to drop out of GT science in order to stay in Algebra 1 and Competition theatre. Which brings me to the point that next year, any students with Algebra 1, Geometry, and/or English 1 will only be given 1 period for these specialized classes; creating flexibility for these students schedules.in conclusion, speaking with first hand experience, Jackson is actually much better than most people think.If anything it's just students who don't enjoy learning.

Andrew Jackson Middle School 3

Posted July 01, 2011
I don't like the fact it is hard to reach a teacher ,have to leave message which never get return, go to school need appt. ,can't get appt until you speak to teacher .

Andrew Jackson Middle School 0

Posted March 30, 2010
This school lacks skilled teachers in the Pre-AP program. Honestly, they are lacking enthusiasm, because they either have been there too long, or they are overwhelmed with class sizes. The school accepts tranfers, whereby other middle schools in the district simply do not. This however, contributes to overcrowding. I suggest additional teachers, and decrease class sizes.

Andrew Jackson Middle School 0

Posted July 17, 2008
I am starting my 3rd year as a Teacher at Jackson and I believe that it is a wonderful school. The principal cares about the kids and he works with the parents to help them be successful life long learners. Our TAKS scores have gone up tremendously in math and reading since the last year. The atmosphere is friendly and the teachers work hard. I love it!

Posted July 14, 2006

Andrew Jackson Middle School 3

Posted June 27, 2006
The quality of Jackson Middle School is poor. The teacher's are unappreciative of parent involvement and their student/teacher ratio is too high per classroom. I went to the school on the TAKS test day and the staff and teachers made me feel unwanted and ashamed. I felt like the PTA should have had parents at the schools to help give out booklets, pencils and snacks. This would make the students feel good that the parents were being supportive instead of nervous. The teachers only teach to the TAKS test. They are not inventive or creative. They avoid giving homework on the weekends and do not keep their syllabus updated and they are resentful if you check the grades for student updates.

Andrew Jackson Middle School 4

Posted March 11, 2006
- a former student

Posted December 27, 2004
This is our second year at Jackson and we could not be happier. The balance between academics and athletics is terrific. My son is in all PreAP/GT classes and has had a terrific learning experience. The discipline is strict and enforced but that is what keeps the overall terrific and safe feel to the school. Nothing is allowed to accelerate into distructive behaviour. We give this school high marks. CG

Posted November 09, 2003

Andrew Jackson Middle School
3504 Corn Valley Road, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified Andrew Jackson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andrew Jackson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top