Bad
Good

Sam Rayburn Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2013
This school is all about fundraiser for the ???? Education is not important. The students receive hand out weekly with no interpretations of guidance. I have a grandson who most of the time has no knowledge of the assignments. The principle is not friendly, she does not make a effort to acknowledge the parents on site.

Sam Rayburn Elementary School 1

Posted October 25, 2008
My child and I had a very different experience while attending Rayburn. I did not feel that my child or her education were a priority. It seemed the construction going on took precedence over education and making myself and my child comfortable and confident in the education she would be receiving. My assumption is that once construction was complete something else would become a distraction to staff and administration.

Sam Rayburn Elementary School

Posted October 25, 2008
at times this school is unorganized, and dirty but i think it is because they are adding on to ths school! it will be much bigger and with that I think more organized. this is my sons first year here he is in the First grade. We moved just to get out of another school in Grand Prairie that was not at all a good school. I think this school is doing something right if the teachers have been hre for 10 years or more! My son's behavior has improved at Rayburn he is very smart and finishes his work fast but his teacher always has a project to help him learn more and tht keeps him busy while the other kids finish up! I know it coul be better but I also know it could be a lot worse.

Sam Rayburn Elementary School 5

Posted January 26, 2007
I've already put one child through Rayburn and my other is now in 4th grade. I've had nothing but positive experiences with Rayburn. The teachers I know (which is all of them) are very dedicated to the children and their education. There isn't a lot of parent involvement but I think a lot of that comes from parents not really trying to get involved. I was on the PTA for several years and tried many times over the years to get parents involved. There are plenty of volunteer opportunities available and even a program just for dads called DOGS, Dads of Great Students. I would highly recommend Rayburn to any parent.

Sam Rayburn Elementary School
2800 Reforma Street, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified Sam Rayburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.