Bad
Good

I am very pleased with this school. They have about 20 after-school clubs that students can participate in. There are other opportunities for students to excel in leadership too. The staff is friendly and do their jobs well. You can tell that they care about students. If you think that they don't, you need to spend time around them...by volunteering. This is an A+ school in my book.

I think that the teachers are trying their best, but they are giving to much work to do and they don't let the teachers pick what they want to teach! They have no freedom! The reason I say this I asked for a teacher to print out a report card they told me that I had to go to the front office to request one which is really not the correct way to notify a angry parent. Or a parent that is a full time student, and its really hard to get free time to vist the school during business hours. They need more teachers aids to help the teachers these poor teachers are swamped I feel bad for them, even if they knew that is what they signed up for. The coach gave my son detention to my son bc he protected himself from a child who was warned to back off. My child knows right from wrong, I know that they have no tolerance but this is to the extreme. Kids will be kids stop making them grow up so fast. There rules aren't that great, they need more people skils. Also need to practice how to deal with a special needs child that requires more one on one help. I am doing my part to make sure we read at home and finish homework so they need to try harder.

I am a parent of a student in 2nd grade. Overall an average school; however a few upgrades need to take place. I would like to be able to view my childs lunch account. More teacher/parent interaction.

As the new principal at Zavala Elementary, I welcome all parents as well as the Zavala community to come and join us in our efforts to reach exemplary status. Our staff is dedicated to making this happen. We are already recognized and with the right 'push' we will cruise into Exemplary. It is truly a blessing to work with such dedicated staff, wonderful students and committed parents.

Last modified Lorenzo De Zavala Environmental Sc is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.