Lorenzo De Zavala Environmental Sc 2

Posted April 16, 2014
I think that the teachers are trying their best, but they are giving to much work to do and they don't let the teachers pick what they want to teach! They have no freedom! The reason I say this I asked for a teacher to print out a report card they told me that I had to go to the front office to request one which is really not the correct way to notify a angry parent. Or a parent that is a full time student, and its really hard to get free time to vist the school during business hours. They need more teachers aids to help the teachers these poor teachers are swamped I feel bad for them, even if they knew that is what they signed up for. The coach gave my son detention to my son bc he protected himself from a child who was warned to back off. My child knows right from wrong, I know that they have no tolerance but this is to the extreme. Kids will be kids stop making them grow up so fast. There rules aren't that great, they need more people skils. Also need to practice how to deal with a special needs child that requires more one on one help. I am doing my part to make sure we read at home and finish homework so they need to try harder.

Posted June 16, 2011
I am a parent of a student in 2nd grade. Overall an average school; however a few upgrades need to take place. I would like to be able to view my childs lunch account. More teacher/parent interaction.

Posted May 26, 2009

Lorenzo De Zavala Environmental Sc 0

Posted November 23, 2008
As the new principal at Zavala Elementary, I welcome all parents as well as the Zavala community to come and join us in our efforts to reach exemplary status. Our staff is dedicated to making this happen. We are already recognized and with the right 'push' we will cruise into Exemplary. It is truly a blessing to work with such dedicated staff, wonderful students and committed parents.

Posted November 14, 2008

Posted March 19, 2006
This school is excellent. The teachers really work with the students to promote character building such as responsibility which manifests itself in higher academic scores. These students shine when they are compared with other Elementary students going to Jackson Junior High.

Posted June 05, 2005
- a staff

Posted May 19, 2005

Posted April 07, 2005
My child has attended Zavala for 3 years. The emphasis is on positive reenforcement of good behavior. Pride Rallys are held every other Friday morning for the whole school to celebrate the accomplishments of its students from academic achievements to outstanding character qualities. Teachers are warm, open and caring.

Posted November 18, 2004
Zavala provides resources and instructional strategies that give its students the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual support needed to learn for todays society.

Lorenzo De Zavala Environmental Sc
3410 Kirby Creek Drive, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified Lorenzo De Zavala Environmental Sc is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lorenzo De Zavala Environmental Sc Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top