Harry S Truman Middle School 4

Posted June 11, 2013
Truman Middle School is great. There is a new "principal in town" and I believe things will change for the better. The children in this school are amazing. My child feels protected here and works hard to getting the job done and is doing a great job. Next year I will have two children going to this school and I will drop them off feeling content and knowing they are in good hands. I believe the teaching begins at home and the rest will fall into place. Help them teachers help your children. Imagine what parents and teachers can do together. Thank you Truman.

Harry S Truman Middle School 5

Posted October 02, 2011
Truman Middle School was a great experience. The thing you have to remember is that it is what you make of it. I was a student last year, and have moved to the South Grand Prairie 9th Grade Center. Truman was better than what I have now. The teachers are more determined, but will only go as far as you'll let them. If you don't want to listen to the lecture, teachers won't make you, and if you don't do the homework, they can't change that either. Bullying has virtually disappeared (or did when I was in 8th grade) and what little I had was reported to the counselor and was taken care of within the week. The principal kept things under control, and encouraged us to excell. We did. For me, it was also fun. The teachers tried and (most of the time) succeeded to keep things interesting. Overall, my experience at Truman was great. It was much better than the PRIVATE SCHOOL that I attended the year before.

Posted April 19, 2010
There are great teachers and not so great teachers at Truman. Overall, my kids are lucky to have mostly the good ones. The real problem at Truman is bullying! Not a day goes by that one or both of my kids are complaining about it. They have talked to teachers, ect, ect...but nothing is ever done about it. We plan to move this summer to different school district. This whole area is going down hill fast.

Posted April 15, 2010
I am in total agreement with the post dated 4/13/10. Truman is such a dissapointment. I have two children there and their time there has been a total waste.

Posted April 13, 2010
Truman is a dissapointment when it comes to the teachers and the principal. The teachers do not send home work home and the principal does not follow thru with issues that you bring to him. The children are too worried about their friends and not focused on having a good education, that is because Truman does not offer a good education. My daughter has been there for two years now and I am moving because of this school.

Harry S Truman Middle School 2

Posted May 21, 2009
Truman has disappointed me. My son does not show evidence of learning. I have had meeting with his teachers and counselors for additional help-very little was offered. Truman needs a serious academic makeup.

Harry S Truman Middle School 1

Posted April 06, 2009
Some teachers act like kids should teach themselves. This school is a waste of time and my daughter has wasted a year at this school when she could've excelled somewhere else.

Posted April 03, 2009
I could not disagree more with the negative comments about Truman Middle school.....I have gone out of my way to be sure my children were able to continue their education at this campus! we have built personal relationships with the staff and my son who struggled with learning disabilities K-5th excelled at Truman academically and personally. He is now at SGP 9th Center and has continued the same path! Thank you Truman Teachers and Admin!!

Harry S Truman Middle School 1

Posted November 30, 2008
I really dont think it matters how hard Truman tries to be a good school, because either way there are troublemaker students, a severly-lacking staff and a low standard of safety. A teacher was arrested during a school day at this school, in the school! What kind of example does this set for our children? And think of the kids that had that person as a teacher. Truman needs a fresh start, but I doubt very much that they will be able to get one, if you are thinking about sending your child to a middle school in Grand Prairie, I strongly advise you to send them to Ronald Reagan Middle School. It is the complete opposite of Truman.

Posted August 13, 2008
The leadership is outstanding at Truman. The principals go above and beyond to help students and staff be successful. The atomsphere is positive and supportive. It truly is a great place for Middle schoolers. No child is left behind at this school! Way to Go Truman!

Harry S Truman Middle School
1501 Coffeyville Trail, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified Harry S Truman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harry S Truman Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top