Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most seem to just be here for a check. they tell you what you want to hear. they manipulate the students into thinking theyre doing well and then when they fail its like ha ha....

Our family LOVES GFAA! I can't say enough wonderful things about this school. The administration is wonderful. They really care about he students, staff and parents at this school. My Son has been at GFAA since Kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. He was able to loop up with his wonderful teacher, Mr. Eisel from 1st to 2nd grade. Mr. Eisel has been such an encouraging and wonderful teacher for my son. My son has grown and learned so much just in the 3 years he has been at GFAA. We are very involved with PTA and school activites and I feel so blessed to be part of this wonderul school. Thank you to all lof the GFAA teachers and staff for all of your hard word work. GFAA is the best!

This school offers so many different activities through classrooms and clubs, everyone can find something that interest them! The teachers and staff are wonderful! Highly recommended!

My daughter attends Garner and loves going to school. Her 1st grade teacher, Mr. Eisel, is wonderful and encouraging. They stress reading alot, and homework is to be done every night, along with reading for 20 min. They have lots of activities and parent involvement. They just started 'looping' where the child will stay with the same teacher and my duaghter is so excited to keep her teacher.

What a joy it was to send my son to GFAA! Mrs. Cappalletti was so caring and did such a great job at keeping me up to date on my sons progress through out the year! Thank you to all who fought to keep this school open and helped to turn this school into an AMAZING place! I also have to give credit to the entire 1st grade team of teachers. They all work together and learn, what seems like, EVERY 1st graders name! It takes a village and from what I saw they applied that to the children benefit. Each teacher showed they cared for the children even if they were not in their class. Thanks GFAA for a WONDERFUL school year and we can't wait for next year!

I am very disappointed with Garner Elementary this school year. My child has been exposed to many inappropriate things during this school year. This issue was brought to the Vice Principals attention and was not handled appropriately. I am so upset, and regret that my child has ever attending this school. And also, my childs teacher was lazy. I never knew what they were doing in class on a week to week or day to day basis. With this teacher there were no outline or curriculum to follow for parents to work at home with students. So I never knew what my child was learning in school or when my child was failing until the report cards came out and it was too late. My child will be attending a christian private school next year to hopefully get caught up and back on track. And hopefully be taught at an organization where inappropriate things are being monitored and I can rest at night not worried about "What will my child be exposed to tomorrow".

I was so shocked when my son transfer school from Reche Canyon Elementary (CA) to Garner Elementary (TX). The school rating was the same but Garner quality was so far behind. The teacher only give less homework and no homework sometimes. Remember practice makes perfect, the kids cannot do well if the teacher don't send homework to home for their practice. All their daily work are done in class. The teachers had no sign of caring if they child is learning or not. With less home work going home this school will always be Unsatisfactory. You Send Your Kids With Nothing, They Come Back With NOTHING. The School Staff & the Vice Principal was so cold. The Principal didn't care for student. I gave some input for this school but it seemed they didn't care about it. So disappointed with this school. I transfer my son to another school.

Garner is a great school! Parental involvement is excellent and the teachers are always smiling and positive. Garner PTA is active and very involved. Most importantly the teachers really care about the students and the parents. When I have had concerns about anything they are always addressed promptly. The principal is great and always greets you with a warm smile. My son has been a student there since kindergarten and my daughter will be entering this upcoming school year and I only hope this school continues to do great. It feels so intimate because everyone knows each other and everyone truly works together for the sake of educating the children.

Last modified Garner Fine Arts Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.