Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal and assistant principals are wonderful. They are approachable and accessible.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The counselors are excellent. They strive to have the students not only be good students, but good people. The teachers also are also wonderful in developing strong character. They work with parents to make sure the students show character at school and home.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My oldest is in fourth grade. So far we've been fortunate to have great teachers every year. My youngest is in first grade and has wonderful teachers too. Both children are so different and each teacher has been able to be effective in teaching. The teachers help the students love to learn.

Amount of homework: Agree

Kids need practice to master their math and reading skills. I think the homework is fair and not burdensome.

I have two children that attend GFAA. The teachers and staff are invested in their students. Since starting Garner, we've moved out of district. We decided to continue attending Garner. The Fine Arts programs are excellent. Both of my children enjoy their core subjects and are advancing and excelling each year. I can't wait for the construction to be over. Even so, the faculty and staff make sure safety is a priority for the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most seem to just be here for a check. they tell you what you want to hear. they manipulate the students into thinking theyre doing well and then when they fail its like ha ha....

Our family LOVES GFAA! I can't say enough wonderful things about this school. The administration is wonderful. They really care about he students, staff and parents at this school. My Son has been at GFAA since Kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. He was able to loop up with his wonderful teacher, Mr. Eisel from 1st to 2nd grade. Mr. Eisel has been such an encouraging and wonderful teacher for my son. My son has grown and learned so much just in the 3 years he has been at GFAA. We are very involved with PTA and school activites and I feel so blessed to be part of this wonderul school. Thank you to all lof the GFAA teachers and staff for all of your hard word work. GFAA is the best!

This school offers so many different activities through classrooms and clubs, everyone can find something that interest them! The teachers and staff are wonderful! Highly recommended!

My daughter attends Garner and loves going to school. Her 1st grade teacher, Mr. Eisel, is wonderful and encouraging. They stress reading alot, and homework is to be done every night, along with reading for 20 min. They have lots of activities and parent involvement. They just started 'looping' where the child will stay with the same teacher and my duaghter is so excited to keep her teacher.

What a joy it was to send my son to GFAA! Mrs. Cappalletti was so caring and did such a great job at keeping me up to date on my sons progress through out the year! Thank you to all who fought to keep this school open and helped to turn this school into an AMAZING place! I also have to give credit to the entire 1st grade team of teachers. They all work together and learn, what seems like, EVERY 1st graders name! It takes a village and from what I saw they applied that to the children benefit. Each teacher showed they cared for the children even if they were not in their class. Thanks GFAA for a WONDERFUL school year and we can't wait for next year!

Last modified Garner Fine Arts Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.