Posted September 05, 2014
This school offers so many different activities through classrooms and clubs, everyone can find something that interest them! The teachers and staff are wonderful! Highly recommended!

Posted May 27, 2014
My daughter attends Garner and loves going to school. Her 1st grade teacher, Mr. Eisel, is wonderful and encouraging. They stress reading alot, and homework is to be done every night, along with reading for 20 min. They have lots of activities and parent involvement. They just started 'looping' where the child will stay with the same teacher and my duaghter is so excited to keep her teacher.

Posted June 19, 2012
What a joy it was to send my son to GFAA! Mrs. Cappalletti was so caring and did such a great job at keeping me up to date on my sons progress through out the year! Thank you to all who fought to keep this school open and helped to turn this school into an AMAZING place! I also have to give credit to the entire 1st grade team of teachers. They all work together and learn, what seems like, EVERY 1st graders name! It takes a village and from what I saw they applied that to the children benefit. Each teacher showed they cared for the children even if they were not in their class. Thanks GFAA for a WONDERFUL school year and we can't wait for next year!

Garner Fine Arts Academy 1

Posted May 11, 2011
I am very disappointed with Garner Elementary this school year. My child has been exposed to many inappropriate things during this school year. This issue was brought to the Vice Principals attention and was not handled appropriately. I am so upset, and regret that my child has ever attending this school. And also, my childs teacher was lazy. I never knew what they were doing in class on a week to week or day to day basis. With this teacher there were no outline or curriculum to follow for parents to work at home with students. So I never knew what my child was learning in school or when my child was failing until the report cards came out and it was too late. My child will be attending a christian private school next year to hopefully get caught up and back on track. And hopefully be taught at an organization where inappropriate things are being monitored and I can rest at night not worried about "What will my child be exposed to tomorrow".

Garner Fine Arts Academy 1

Posted August 10, 2010
I was so shocked when my son transfer school from Reche Canyon Elementary (CA) to Garner Elementary (TX). The school rating was the same but Garner quality was so far behind. The teacher only give less homework and no homework sometimes. Remember practice makes perfect, the kids cannot do well if the teacher don't send homework to home for their practice. All their daily work are done in class. The teachers had no sign of caring if they child is learning or not. With less home work going home this school will always be Unsatisfactory. You Send Your Kids With Nothing, They Come Back With NOTHING. The School Staff & the Vice Principal was so cold. The Principal didn't care for student. I gave some input for this school but it seemed they didn't care about it. So disappointed with this school. I transfer my son to another school.

Posted July 04, 2009
Garner is a great school! Parental involvement is excellent and the teachers are always smiling and positive. Garner PTA is active and very involved. Most importantly the teachers really care about the students and the parents. When I have had concerns about anything they are always addressed promptly. The principal is great and always greets you with a warm smile. My son has been a student there since kindergarten and my daughter will be entering this upcoming school year and I only hope this school continues to do great. It feels so intimate because everyone knows each other and everyone truly works together for the sake of educating the children.

Posted June 18, 2007

Garner Fine Arts Academy 3

Posted April 22, 2007

Posted January 11, 2006
Garner Elementary is excellent! My daughter is a transfer from a private Christian academy and I was skeptical of the academic program and her adjustment to a public school. I was pleasantly surprised with all that she had mastered and been exposed to by our first semester conference. The Garner PTA is very active and teacher dedication is much higher than I ever expected. The teachers really challenge the students with very interesting assignments on their level. Character building is incorporated through reading assignments, plays and class activities. Extracurricular activities offer much more than an opportunity to play. My child gets exposure to classical music/ballet in music, went on a community safety field trip, attended a live performance and competes with other students her age in a chess club. I am thrilled to know my tax dollars are being spent in this way.

Garner Fine Arts Academy 4

Posted June 02, 2005

Garner Fine Arts Academy
145 West Polo Road, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified Garner Fine Arts Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garner Fine Arts Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top