Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school went from okay to poor. My child has attended Bush for 5 years and these last couple of years things have gone down hill. Teachers are NOT teaching, just loading the kids with A LOT of homework and "major grade" projects. Incidents happen and parents do not get notified. Teachers seem lost. They constantly forget to give homework sheets on Monday and Tuesday so kids are stuck with catching up on Wednesday and Thursday. Oh and tutoring is sitting the children in front of a computer and playing i station. New principals and counselors have come and gone and great teachers have left, and as I stated before the new teachers are lost. That has a lot to do with the drastic change. I am currently looking for a new school for my child.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Children are loaded with tons of homework. So much that they don't have time to be kids at home.

My daughter has attended this school since 2011, she began at the beginning of 1st Grade. Right away the teachers recognized my daughters capabilities and had her tested for the GT program. Most of the teachers are great to work with. My daughter is challenged daily with her work and never have I felt that "this school has dumby my child down". The only thing I have noticed as my child gets older has less interest in school is she gets lazy. All in all I think this is a great school!

We have been at Bush since 2010. When we first started at Bush it was great environment for my child. The principal was awesome and the staff was great. It felt like a homely place for the students to be. The staff genuinely cared about each student. But then we received a new principal that have been here now for 4 years, who is not friendly and not a people person. The atmosphere in the school has changed and is no longer a place where my children want to be. Since we have been at Bush since 2010 we have had 4 new VP and then this year we have a massive staff turn over and received 12+ new teachers. I feel as though they don't cater enough to the students who are academicly gifted but those with a disadvantage. This school has dumby my child down. I am looking into another school for the up coming school. As a parent I can't continuely watch my child degress any more.

My daughter attends Bush Elementary. The teachers are great. The staff is very helpful. The parent involvment is what you put into it. If you do not want to be involved then you don't. If you want to be then there are many things to be involved in. The new principal is very nice. Great school, Great teachers!!

Last modified Barbara Bush Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.