Grand Prairie, TX

Barbara Bush Elementary School 2

Posted January 16, 2015
We have been at Bush since 2010. When we first started at Bush it was great environment for my child. The principal was awesome and the staff was great. It felt like a homely place for the students to be. The staff genuinely cared about each student. But then we received a new principal that have been here now for 4 years, who is not friendly and not a people person. The atmosphere in the school has changed and is no longer a place where my children want to be. Since we have been at Bush since 2010 we have had 4 new VP and then this year we have a massive staff turn over and received 12+ new teachers. I feel as though they don't cater enough to the students who are academicly gifted but those with a disadvantage. This school has dumby my child down. I am looking into another school for the up coming school. As a parent I can't continuely watch my child degress any more.

Posted November 04, 2008
My daughter attends Bush Elementary. The teachers are great. The staff is very helpful. The parent involvment is what you put into it. If you do not want to be involved then you don't. If you want to be then there are many things to be involved in. The new principal is very nice. Great school, Great teachers!!

Posted August 21, 2008

Barbara Bush Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2006
i love this school for 2 years but as far as them letting the parents get involved its not good, i tryed to volunteer and join pta but not one will call me back and new princable wont find me anything to do in there ,i am willing to give my free time 24/7 but they dont seem to want the parents in there , and i feel its due to a lot of the teachers are yelling at students more for no reasons, i think it was due to the changes in there this year by changing teachers ,the children are not as happy this year like past times,

Posted February 23, 2004
As a parent of a Barbara Bush student for the past 7 years I must say that I am very pleased with the school. We have a wonderful cultrual mix and a unified respect for reading, learning, math, respect, and discipline. We love our school!

Barbara Bush Elementary School
511 East Springdale Lane, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified Barbara Bush Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barbara Bush Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top