Starrett Elementary School 4

Posted January 05, 2014
My two children have attended Starrett for the last five years. I would have given it 5 stars several years ago, but with the demographic change, the school has more discipline problems in the classroom. I know this from speaking with my children and seeing many of the more educated and stable families move away. Like any other public school it has its issues with overcrowded classrooms. The teachers have been great. The Strings program is wonderful. The principal is not easily available but friendly. This school is a good public school to send your child.

Starrett Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2013
4 out of 10 or even lower is probably right. I had bad experience with people at the office of the school. I wouldn't trust to have them guide my kids. I went to different school.

Posted August 13, 2013
My child attended preK 3&4 and she absolutely loved this school. She learned to read difficult books like Dr. Seuss ' ABC's', 'I can read read with my eyes shut', & many more. The school is convenient and walking distance from our home. As for the office staff very helpful and always busy, parent involvement could be better, but overall a great school!

Starrett Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2012
Complete lack of professionalism. I am absolutely appalled by the carelesness of some teachers. Maybe it's time for some of them to retire. I could never get a full explanation of my childs grades. It is a tragedy how these so called teachers can stand in a classroom and not "teach". My son saids there are students that are too afraid to ask questions for fear of a teachers reaction.

Starrett Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2010

Starrett Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2009
This school is one to watch. Excellent leadership and great teamwork. The counselor is one of the best.

Starrett Elementary School 2

Posted January 04, 2007
I believe that the academic programs are challenging in a good way at Starrett. The students need challenges that will help them grow academically. However, the teach quality and principle leadership are both very poor. What ever happened to mentorship and leadership? Myself and my husband both make it a point to speak with my daughter's teacher throughout the week and everytime we attempt to speak with the principle, he's unavailable. Additionally, the principle has no interest in the feelings of the parents.

Posted September 19, 2006
I have been a Starrett parent for 3 years and I have absolutely loved my child's experience there so far. Every teacher has been qualified and caring in every way. I am a certified high school teacher and have been very involved in my childs education. I have volunteered and been on the inside and even subbed and seen behind the scenes. I have Never seen or heard of any incident where the teachers were not caring towards their kids. I feel they have worked hard to meet any need my child has had. I am thankful for the hard work these teachers put in every day! This year my childs teacher sends a newsletter home every Monday and at the end thanks us for untrusting our child into her care. My advice...if your having a bad experience there maybe you should be there more helping and advocating for your child!

Posted September 16, 2006
- a administrator
Starrett is a great school. The leadership and teachers have been involved in extensive training to meet the needs of children. Starrett is part of the National Network for Educational Renewal. That is quite an honor that indicates a belief in the success of all children. As well as orchestra and band, students may be involved in Bell Choir, Science Club, Mad Scientist, Chess Club, or Drama Club. Starrett Starbucks emphasizes good behavior and honors children weekly. The environment emphasizes a safe orderly environment. Peer mediation emphasizes settling differences in a positive manner. This school constantly looks for ways to improve children's learning experience.

Starrett Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2006
I am the parent of a Starrett student for the last 3 years and the only feedback I receive is poor. Thankfully she is a smart girl and I can only hope that her future teachers will be more helpful. The staff is somewhat unprofessional, the lunch lady fed my child green beans and bread when her money was out, and the Principal never has time to 'talk' to me about anything. The one thing that gets me the most is how much time they spend writing all the negative reports and not enforcing the positives. I'm always concerned that her self-esteem will be low due to all the discipline she receives. Yes we do need a change in the way the staff runs.

Starrett Elementary School
2675 Fairmont Drive, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified Starrett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Starrett Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top