Grand Prairie, TX

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 02, 2015
I have loved every teacher, but one & the Administration removed my student from her class quickly. Not every teacher is amazing, but so far 3 out of 4 at Larson have been. Ms. Peal is so very compassionate and truly loves every child. Ms. Dressel loves to teach & it is her calling in life. Ms. Lotteryman is a blessingand really knows her stuff. Those three are amazing.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 02, 2015
So far the amount of homework given has been just right for my students. One of my advanced students could have used more, however other parents probably wouldn't appreciate it.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
The teachers are pretty fair in their treatment of studentd and they hold them accountable for their actions.

Posted June 02, 2015
Finishing up another great year at Larson with two of my children! Last year (1st 6 weeks) with my first child was less than amazing because we had a teacher who was clueless, however the Assistant Principal & Principal took a very active role in my child's learning & said I should move my child to another class. They made some moves and picked a totally awesome teacher for my child! What a difference. Of course some teachers & students don't always mesh & that was my case, but the administration stepped in & made it right & did it quickly. I was shocked....they really did care. I even got phone calls from the Admins that they were going by the new class to check on my kid! Now this year, two kids enrolled with two totally all-star teachers and no issues at all. I can honestly say everyone from the office staff, to the cafeteria ladies, to the janitors, to the guidance counselor will really care for your kid(s) at Larson. I went and looked at Ellis prior to Larson & just stepping into the hallways kids were running wild & the office staff was very rude to me. I did not feel welcomed. I suggest, if you have the choice of schools, tour both & see where you feel most welcome.

Larson Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2015
Worst school my child has ever been to. They have horrible staff and teachers! They were rude, it seems most of them were not concerned about student's well being. I've had to visit the school everyday because of what my child will come home and tell me. if you want peace of mind don't take your child to this school.

Posted December 26, 2013
I was a student at larson and it was so fun the lions show its self good i went t9 larson seince i was in kinder through 6 it was the best sxhook Go larson i

Posted December 05, 2013
My son has attended LARSON since 2nd grade and he TOTALLY loves it and so do I. The staff is amazing and he is always treated as if the school truly cares about him...my son has ASTHMA and is often in the nurse office (I am also at the school often when he is sick) so I am always dropping in at random times and not one time have I ever been disappointed in LARSON. My son came from a private school when he started and is currently on his 2nd year of being in advanced classes. I am always telling my friends/family how AWESOME this school is and truly hate that it is the last year we will be here. I am grateful for all the time & dedication he has gotten while he attended this AMAZING Elementary School!!!

Posted December 05, 2013
This is such a great school. The staff/teachears totally rock!!! Fun atmosphere and nice mix of cultures and backgrounds. This school should be rated a 10 out of 10. The teachers care for the students...which is definitely very hard to find these days. Will recommend this school over and over again.

Posted October 06, 2013
I have had two girls go through Larson from K - 6th --my youngest is currently finishing sixth grade this year. Both girls have had a great experience at Larson- participating in extracurricular activities: chess club, choir, orchestra, battle of the book competition, etc. Both girls have been challenged academically in their classes. The best thing about the school is the strong parental involvement. Overall, this school has provided a wonderful foundation for both of my girls and my oldest is thriving in high school because of it.

Posted September 09, 2013
As for the review before mine.... Larson is a great school! If you are going to write a comment, learn how read and write before you criticize and maybe somebody might take your information seriously! Just saying... I've had 3 kids attend Larson and they all have received a fantastic education there. Great teachers and great parent involvement. The only negative I see is Ellis parents are catching on that they can send their child to Larson for no transfer fee. My prediction: Larson will be another Ellis in 10 years. Thank GOD my kids will be long gone.

2620 East Avenue K, Grand Prairie, TX  75050
Last modified Larson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Larson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top