Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Last year, third grade was my son's first year at Larson. His teacher Mrs Casale was outstanding and my son thrived under her instructions. The whole year was great and the PTA did a fabulous job!

My children never experienced small group instruction at this school. (Guided Reading, Guided Math). They do give tests in small group and call this guided reading. There is no structure or discipline in the common areas of the school. Instruction is antiquated- too many worksheets. Most grade levels do the test every Friday routine ( educators know this is an example of lazy teaching) This is evident by their lack of distinction stars from TEA. They have children sitting in classrooms that can pass STAAR at level 2, but they don't tweek their instruction to get growth out of them.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Worksheets don't grow dendrites. This school needs higher order thinking questions and less worksheets. They recycle lessons from the 90's and assign homework that doesn't follow the TEKS.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have loved every teacher, but one & the Administration removed my student from her class quickly. Not every teacher is amazing, but so far 3 out of 4 at Larson have been. Ms. Peal is so very compassionate and truly loves every child. Ms. Dressel loves to teach & it is her calling in life. Ms. Lotteryman is a blessingand really knows her stuff. Those three are amazing.

Amount of homework: Agree

So far the amount of homework given has been just right for my students. One of my advanced students could have used more, however other parents probably wouldn't appreciate it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers are pretty fair in their treatment of studentd and they hold them accountable for their actions.

Finishing up another great year at Larson with two of my children! Last year (1st 6 weeks) with my first child was less than amazing because we had a teacher who was clueless, however the Assistant Principal & Principal took a very active role in my child's learning & said I should move my child to another class. They made some moves and picked a totally awesome teacher for my child! What a difference. Of course some teachers & students don't always mesh & that was my case, but the administration stepped in & made it right & did it quickly. I was shocked....they really did care. I even got phone calls from the Admins that they were going by the new class to check on my kid! Now this year, two kids enrolled with two totally all-star teachers and no issues at all. I can honestly say everyone from the office staff, to the cafeteria ladies, to the janitors, to the guidance counselor will really care for your kid(s) at Larson. I went and looked at Ellis prior to Larson & just stepping into the hallways kids were running wild & the office staff was very rude to me. I did not feel welcomed. I suggest, if you have the choice of schools, tour both & see where you feel most welcome.

Worst school my child has ever been to. They have horrible staff and teachers! They were rude, it seems most of them were not concerned about student's well being. I've had to visit the school everyday because of what my child will come home and tell me. if you want peace of mind don't take your child to this school.

I was a student at larson and it was so fun the lions show its self good i went t9 larson seince i was in kinder through 6 it was the best sxhook Go larson i

My son has attended LARSON since 2nd grade and he TOTALLY loves it and so do I. The staff is amazing and he is always treated as if the school truly cares about him...my son has ASTHMA and is often in the nurse office (I am also at the school often when he is sick) so I am always dropping in at random times and not one time have I ever been disappointed in LARSON. My son came from a private school when he started and is currently on his 2nd year of being in advanced classes. I am always telling my friends/family how AWESOME this school is and truly hate that it is the last year we will be here. I am grateful for all the time & dedication he has gotten while he attended this AMAZING Elementary School!!!

Last modified Larson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.