Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted January 17, 2016
I been to this school and it's been the best experience i have had, compared to Grand Prairie isd schools it way better

Grateful to: Student

Posted January 17, 2016
I been to this school for 2 years and it's amazing, compared to gpisd. The teachers are amazing and have effectived me a lot.

West Elementary School 1

Posted January 08, 2016
Worst SCHOOL EVER. I never write a review, but I felt like I need to sheed some light on West. We moved into the area Nov 2015. YES Nov 2015. My wife and I have three kids that attend the school and they hate it so much. Our kids come from IRVING ISD and West is making Irving schools look like a TOP 10 SCHOOL. The school doesn't have an ACTIVE Principal only a TEMP one which she isn't NEVER there. She always off CAMPUS in some meeting. Our kids are always getting BULLIED by others and the teachers TURN around and ignore the situation. The teacher don't take the extra step in controlling there kinds in class. Our kids come home telling us how loud the kids are in class and how they cannot hear the teacher explain the assignment. My wife and I decided to go have lunch with our KIDS and LET ME tell you HOW LOUD it was in there. From a scale from 1 to 10 and 10 being very loud . I give it a 15. It not every enjoyable in there. Poor kids. We already submitted transfer papers to have our kids move to a different district and once they are accepted we are pulling them out right away.. I do not recommended West to any family at all.. Not good for education.

Posted August 24, 2014
I had the best last two years at West. They do a bunch of cool things for the sixth graders, such as The Black and White Dance and Graduation. West Elementary is an amazing school!

West Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2011
I lived within walking distance of west for 10 years. It started out a great school. As time has gone on it has become a rougher tougher city-ish school. I moved last year when I realized my daughter has some special needs and I did not feel they could help her. She is quiet and well behaved. The teachers were too busy working with unruly kids, or kid who come from ESL families and need extra help. I really liked west for several years, but now live across town.

Posted August 25, 2009
West is an excellent school with caring personnel and genuine concern for each and every child. BRAVO!

Posted June 02, 2009
I am more than happy to rate this school a 5 star school! The entire staff, from the receptionist, to the teachers, and let's not forget our principal...are the best AISD has to offer! My 6th grade son entered this school in the middle of the year, he was made to feel comfortable and was immediately accepted by everyone. The diagnostician lost no time in ensuring he was evaluated as soon as possible and was given his 'IEP' which is what we desperately needed this school to do. If you are moving to the Grand Prairie area, I highly recommend you buy a home where your child can attend this school; you will not regret it. I wish I could take my son's teachers with us to jr high. Thank you West for a great 6th grade year! Thank you especially to Mrs. Roe, Mrs. Ruiz, Mr. Bridges and Mrs. Cox!

West Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2008
I must say West elementary is one of the best schools out there. The teachers are very concerned about the welfare of the kids at school as well as at home. They take the time out to address the needs of all the students.

Posted May 29, 2008
West is an amazing school! I have been teaching here for 11 years and have loved every one. I feel that the kids at West are both challenged and loved.

Posted May 28, 2008
I am very satisfied with my experience with west my son came from a prior AISD school which I was not impressed with and was interested in putting him in private or even charter but this school let me gain confidence in public school again and I hate that he is now moving on to middle school but i still have 2 more that are and will attend West and I am sure that they will get the best of education at west the staff, volunteers and administration get my applause for a wonderful, well done job in educating children.

2911 Kingswood Boulevard, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top