Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 23, 2016
Ms. Johnson, and Ms.Eason are so caring. Really teach to you child's individual strengths and opportunities. Thank you!

West Elementary School 4

Posted July 23, 2016
Good school, with caring teachers. I have two kids attending West and they've been there for three years. I have seen three different principals within that time frame but overall our experience has been very good. I can't complain about any of their teachers and this year specifically I was impressed with their teachers. Both of my children are well behaved but have very different personalities and I feel they both have learned and are valued well there.

West Elementary School 1

Posted May 18, 2016
Worst school ever!!!! Lunch room monitors are horrible to the kids and treat them like they are in boot camp! I have two children that went there my kids were told them couldn't talk to each other during breakfast and that they needed to hurry up and eat while the moniters told them this they were putting fork wrappers obt there trays how rude!! The vice principal Mrs. lambot is not a good person. And there are only about 4 teachers out that whole school that really care about the kids and not there just for the money. Go and look at the School rating its A 6 PEOPLE wake up. Math scores are horrible . I'm sorry not sending my children to a school that averages less then an 8 because it truely is a reflection on how much time and effort that they put into your child's education!!!!!

Posted May 10, 2016
We are new to Texas/AISD and West Elementary has provided an amazing opportunity for our son's transition. He loves going to school, he loves his teachers and everyone (from the school receptionist to the principal) are a great group of professionals! We LOVE West!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 10, 2016
Mrs. Crumbaker is simply the best!!!! She appreciates and welcomes parental involvement both at home and in the classroom. She is very nurturing and caring and keeps an open line of communication with parents.

Posted January 17, 2016
I been to this school and it's been the best experience i have had, compared to Grand Prairie isd schools it way better

Grateful to: Student

Posted January 17, 2016
I been to this school for 2 years and it's amazing, compared to gpisd. The teachers are amazing and have effectived me a lot.

West Elementary School 1

Posted January 08, 2016
Worst SCHOOL EVER. I never write a review, but I felt like I need to sheed some light on West. We moved into the area Nov 2015. YES Nov 2015. My wife and I have three kids that attend the school and they hate it so much. Our kids come from IRVING ISD and West is making Irving schools look like a TOP 10 SCHOOL. The school doesn't have an ACTIVE Principal only a TEMP one which she isn't NEVER there. She always off CAMPUS in some meeting. Our kids are always getting BULLIED by others and the teachers TURN around and ignore the situation. The teacher don't take the extra step in controlling there kinds in class. Our kids come home telling us how loud the kids are in class and how they cannot hear the teacher explain the assignment. My wife and I decided to go have lunch with our KIDS and LET ME tell you HOW LOUD it was in there. From a scale from 1 to 10 and 10 being very loud . I give it a 15. It not every enjoyable in there. Poor kids. We already submitted transfer papers to have our kids move to a different district and once they are accepted we are pulling them out right away.. I do not recommended West to any family at all.. Not good for education.

Posted August 24, 2014
I had the best last two years at West. They do a bunch of cool things for the sixth graders, such as The Black and White Dance and Graduation. West Elementary is an amazing school!

West Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2011
I lived within walking distance of west for 10 years. It started out a great school. As time has gone on it has become a rougher tougher city-ish school. I moved last year when I realized my daughter has some special needs and I did not feel they could help her. She is quiet and well behaved. The teachers were too busy working with unruly kids, or kid who come from ESL families and need extra help. I really liked west for several years, but now live across town.

2911 Kingswood Boulevard, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.