Grand Prairie, TX

Posted August 24, 2014
I had the best last two years at West. They do a bunch of cool things for the sixth graders, such as The Black and White Dance and Graduation. West Elementary is an amazing school!

West Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2011
I lived within walking distance of west for 10 years. It started out a great school. As time has gone on it has become a rougher tougher city-ish school. I moved last year when I realized my daughter has some special needs and I did not feel they could help her. She is quiet and well behaved. The teachers were too busy working with unruly kids, or kid who come from ESL families and need extra help. I really liked west for several years, but now live across town.

Posted August 25, 2009
West is an excellent school with caring personnel and genuine concern for each and every child. BRAVO!

Posted June 02, 2009
I am more than happy to rate this school a 5 star school! The entire staff, from the receptionist, to the teachers, and let's not forget our principal...are the best AISD has to offer! My 6th grade son entered this school in the middle of the year, he was made to feel comfortable and was immediately accepted by everyone. The diagnostician lost no time in ensuring he was evaluated as soon as possible and was given his 'IEP' which is what we desperately needed this school to do. If you are moving to the Grand Prairie area, I highly recommend you buy a home where your child can attend this school; you will not regret it. I wish I could take my son's teachers with us to jr high. Thank you West for a great 6th grade year! Thank you especially to Mrs. Roe, Mrs. Ruiz, Mr. Bridges and Mrs. Cox!

West Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2008
I must say West elementary is one of the best schools out there. The teachers are very concerned about the welfare of the kids at school as well as at home. They take the time out to address the needs of all the students.

Posted May 29, 2008
West is an amazing school! I have been teaching here for 11 years and have loved every one. I feel that the kids at West are both challenged and loved.

Posted May 28, 2008
I am very satisfied with my experience with west my son came from a prior AISD school which I was not impressed with and was interested in putting him in private or even charter but this school let me gain confidence in public school again and I hate that he is now moving on to middle school but i still have 2 more that are and will attend West and I am sure that they will get the best of education at west the staff, volunteers and administration get my applause for a wonderful, well done job in educating children.

Posted March 01, 2008
West is an absolutely wonderful school. My son has an IEP (for high-functioning autism) and we have had great success and teacher support. I have heard horror stories from other special ed parents in different schools/districts about not getting the attention they need - we are lucky to have West in our corner.

Posted February 13, 2006
I have three kids, 2nd, 4th and 5th grade. Their teachers are very involved in their level of success and they got recognition every 6 weeks.

West Elementary School 4

Posted February 05, 2005
My family and I have seen great success out of our children attending West Elementary. The teachers seem to take that extra step to insure that my children get the help they need. I would strongly recommend this school to anyone.

2911 Kingswood Boulevard, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top