No rating

Shady Grove Christian Academy

Private | K-12

Student diversity

Living in Grand Prairie

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $95,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Posted October 23, 2008

The Students really make the school; it was a rather pleasant atmosphere despite a rather mundane curriculum.

Posted March 12, 2008

This school shows a lack of strong academics in the high school, presumably from the underqualified faculty. The elementary and jr. high, however, has a strong staff and system. It offers great tuition rates and varied extracurricular activities, especially for its size.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 27, 2008

I was extremely disappointed with the academic education provided at this school.

Posted September 12, 2005

I have two children that attend SGCA. We feel that the academic programs are of the highest standards. They offer a wide variety of sports and music opportunities for the middle to upper school students. The parent teacher organization is active in all ares of the school. Tuition is affordable and fundraising is neccessary.

Posted September 7, 2005

My husband attended Shady Grove from 5th-12th grade, and he loved it. Our children attended SGCA for one year, and unfortunately we had to move away. It is a great school with a great staff. They have a great music program as well.

Posted January 6, 2005

I am a alumni from the class of 2003 and I thought Shady Grove was ok, its just some of the people there were into some real weird things such as speaking in tongues. Some of their religious views and practices made me extremely uncomfortable. If you're not that much into the religious aspect of it (or if your kid is an agnostic) then you and your child will probably be much happier at a public and/or non-parochial private school. Overall though, the teachers were pretty nice and so were the office staff. Also, if you're real big on extracurricular activities and electives, they don't have very many choices for that. For example the foreign language department in the highschool consists of only Spanish.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 23, 2004

My name is Ebony Crawford and I am an alumni of the class of 03'. Shady Grove Christian Academy was a great change for me. At first I attended a 5A public school and wasen't really happy so a family friend told me about Shady Grove and I figured that I would take a chance at an all white small private school. At first I hated it because it was to small and then because of the lack of african americans. After graduating I don't regret switching because Shady Grove faculty and some students make you feel welcome, expecially the basketball coaches. Even though I have graduated I still stop by to visit and I am still loved by everyone. If you are looking for a family in a school Shady Grove is it for you.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 13, 2003

My daughter began in the 2nd grade here at Shady Grove, and is now in the 5th grade. She thoroughly enjoys every part of her day, from the classroom to PE to band. She is flourishing in her talents and is challenged to do so by the teachers and administration.

Posted August 26, 2003

My daughter started SGCA in the first grade and is now a senior! We have been delighted with the school & teachers and are looking forward to her entering college. The Acadamy has been a safe environment for our daughter to obtain a wonderful Christian education that will allow her to go to any college and follow her dreams.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious