Posted October 23, 2008
The Students really make the school; it was a rather pleasant atmosphere despite a rather mundane curriculum.

Shady Grove Christian Academy 3

Posted March 12, 2008
This school shows a lack of strong academics in the high school, presumably from the underqualified faculty. The elementary and jr. high, however, has a strong staff and system. It offers great tuition rates and varied extracurricular activities, especially for its size.

Posted February 18, 2008

Shady Grove Christian Academy 1

Posted January 27, 2008
I was extremely disappointed with the academic education provided at this school.

Posted September 12, 2005
I have two children that attend SGCA. We feel that the academic programs are of the highest standards. They offer a wide variety of sports and music opportunities for the middle to upper school students. The parent teacher organization is active in all ares of the school. Tuition is affordable and fundraising is neccessary.

Shady Grove Christian Academy 5

Posted September 07, 2005
My husband attended Shady Grove from 5th-12th grade, and he loved it. Our children attended SGCA for one year, and unfortunately we had to move away. It is a great school with a great staff. They have a great music program as well.

Shady Grove Christian Academy 3

Posted May 03, 2005

Shady Grove Christian Academy 2

Posted January 06, 2005
- a former student
I am a alumni from the class of 2003 and I thought Shady Grove was ok, its just some of the people there were into some real weird things such as speaking in tongues. Some of their religious views and practices made me extremely uncomfortable. If you're not that much into the religious aspect of it (or if your kid is an agnostic) then you and your child will probably be much happier at a public and/or non-parochial private school. Overall though, the teachers were pretty nice and so were the office staff. Also, if you're real big on extracurricular activities and electives, they don't have very many choices for that. For example the foreign language department in the highschool consists of only Spanish.

Posted November 23, 2004
- a former student
My name is Ebony Crawford and I am an alumni of the class of 03'. Shady Grove Christian Academy was a great change for me. At first I attended a 5A public school and wasen't really happy so a family friend told me about Shady Grove and I figured that I would take a chance at an all white small private school. At first I hated it because it was to small and then because of the lack of african americans. After graduating I don't regret switching because Shady Grove faculty and some students make you feel welcome, expecially the basketball coaches. Even though I have graduated I still stop by to visit and I am still loved by everyone. If you are looking for a family in a school Shady Grove is it for you.

Posted October 13, 2003
My daughter began in the 2nd grade here at Shady Grove, and is now in the 5th grade. She thoroughly enjoys every part of her day, from the classroom to PE to band. She is flourishing in her talents and is challenged to do so by the teachers and administration.

Shady Grove Christian Academy
1829 W Shady Grove Road, Grand Prairie, TX  75050
Last modified Shady Grove Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Shady Grove Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top