Bad
Good

William B Travis Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2010
My two daughters go to Travis and they love it. Everyday they are up and ready to go. I love seeing them so excited about school. The teachers and staff there really care about the students and that makes me as a parent feel good about me sending them to this school. Both of my daughters are above average for their grade level and the teachers keep them motivated and keep challenging them to do their best. Keep up the great work TRAVIS!!!!

Posted April 15, 2010
My experiences with Travis Elementary have been overwhelmingly positive. I appreciate the caring staff and the family-friendly atmosphere. My children love going to school there. The school has always had high standards. The hard work of the teachers and administrators led to the school receiving a TEA Recognized rating this year, and I am confident they will continue to improve! Go Travis Lions!!!

William B Travis Elementary School

Posted April 17, 2009
My child has gone to this school Prek & Kinder and I believe it to be an awesome school for my daughter. So far both of the teachers my daughter has had..have been wonderful, teaching her alot of things, especially Mr. Escalera. At age 6, in kinder, she knows how to read, write short stories (age appropiate) math, subract and other things. GOod Job Travis!! awesome job by mrs. luke as well (kinder teacher) very informative.

William B Travis Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2009
i find myself not liking that classes havie to be emptied because other students go into fits of rage . the teachers have no choice but to clear the room for the safety of their other students. this school needs some seriuos help from somewhere before i would send any of my lkids there .

Posted July 24, 2007
My 2 sons have attended Travis before the remodeling and after. I have always had any and all problems or issues dealt with promptly, professionally and with care and understanding from the Principals and Teachers. Keep up the good work! Thank you. TRB

William B Travis Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2006
I find that tis school parent teacher communications are terrible and teachers never seem to stay it is very disorganized would never recommend for your child to go.Programs for parent teacher are not very good at all there serious lack of communication.

Posted July 11, 2006
Both of my children have attended Travis elementary the past 2 years and I couldn't be happier with their learning experiences.The teachers were truly caring and helpful(especially Mrs.Luke).They've gone out of their way to get me any information I might have needed to help with my children's progress.Mrs.Potucek is a very enthusiastic and motivating principal.She is well liked by the students and staff,as is the vice-principal Mrs.Lykins.I like the fact that the classroom sizes are smaller than average.I would like more parental involvement.I believe the teachers would,too.Overall,this is a great school.I hope my children continue to be excited about getting to school as they have in the past.-Norma Gonzales

William B Travis Elementary School
525 Northeast 15th Street, Grand Prairie, TX  75050
Last modified William B Travis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.