Sallye R Moore Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2012
My daughter has been at this school for 5yrs, during this time they have had 4 different principals. All years were good except this one.Was once good, but headed down hill rapidly. Major behavior problems with students, no reponse from Teachers with repeated attempts. Have to get principal involved to get any change. Very sad to watch decline, and sad that my younger child is attending. This year has been a total waste, and I hope she will be prepared for middle school.

Sallye R Moore Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2010
My child a several good years here but the last year was a nightmare for him! The kids here bully other kids, would steal my son's lunch, or taunt him and nothing is ever done about it or the teachers tell him to 'quit tattling' or 'go sit down and ignore them.' I think more should have been done about it. I have since pulled him and put him in private school and its been great! Yes, the test scores are exemplary but no child should be bullied by the kids or the teachers that seem to not care. One elective teacher was very rude and I complained and she pulled my son to the side and told him 'Your lies almost got me fired. I got called in to the principal's office!' Hopefully the new administration will address the bullying issues. This school ruined my son's public school experience!

Posted November 21, 2009
Sallye Moore is an exemplary elementary school that has impressed my wife and I. On Thursday, I walked in the front office, and the principal was at the receptionist desk answering phone calls. That is a sign of a true leader who's not afraid to get her hands dirty. Every staff member that I have made contact with is just so nice and courteous, these are truly the people that we want our children to look up to! I can remember the 1st day that I walked in the school, to enroll my kids, the principal quickly introduced herself to me and that really turned us on to this school. I have nothing but praise to give about Mrs. Lesley and her staff! The new Pre-K class is new to the school and in my opinion, they have one the best teachers in the state, in Mr. Cavazos! Thank u all!

Posted September 17, 2009
because they have great teachers that help my child learn verry well and very fast.my daughter can already write well and she just started first grade.

Posted May 24, 2009
My son has been at Sallye Moore since Kindergarten. The principals, teachers, and, staff truly believe in putting the interest of children first. I am very pleased and thankful that my son had such an fantastic elementary school.

Posted February 09, 2009
Yes, this school is exemplary and the academics are ok but the teachers are the problem. They are not nurturing and appear not to care for the children. This is a title I school and you would think that the teachers would know how to deal with kids with a low socio-economic status. I have had to move my child to a different class twice since he has been here. Its sad when you have to choose which teacher you want because 2 or 3 in each grade level have a reputation of having no patience with kids that learn differently. There are some good teachers at this school but there are several that don't have the kids best interest at heart. I am impressed with the parent involvement at this school but I think all the teachers need to attend Capturing Kids Hearts!

Posted January 29, 2008

Posted January 09, 2008
Sallye Moore Elementary has a very diverse group of students, and that is one of the many things that makes this school so great. The students really seem to enjoy the school, the atmosphere is very kid friendly and focused. The administration is outstanding, as is the core of teachers who teach in the school. As far as parent involvement, it is good too. Some parents could be more involved, but those that are involved really put our hearts into helping make it a great place. Another plus for Moore is how the kids have performed on the state tests. This school is one of the top in the district, and will soon be the top. It is already the best elementary in GPISD, and has proven to be an exceptional school for my daughter!

Posted January 07, 2008
This is the best school in Grand Prairie. The teachers are hard working and dedicated. My son and daughter both excelled because of the focused tutoring and great staff.

Posted June 01, 2007
My son is going to the 4th grade & has been going to this school since kinder. He is happy there & I am happy with him there. I have not had any negative experiences.I would recommend this school.

Sallye R Moore Elementary School
3150 Waterwood Drive, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified Sallye R Moore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sallye R Moore Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.