Posted November 05, 2012
My daughter who is now a fifth grader has attend this school since kinder. We love Whitt fine arts academy! The teachers are always supportive and helpful. The staff is also very friendly and make it a point to know who you are. My daughter struggled with reading since kinder. Because of the support of the teachers and parent involvement my daughter is now on the A-B honor roll. My only complaint would be that Whitt only goes up to fifth grade.

Posted August 23, 2011
This is the best school I have ever been to. My now 7 year old went to PreK here and we ended up moving to Arlington for Kinder, we moved back here half way through 1st grade just to be at Whitt. They have the friendliest staff. They include my other 2 younger children in everything. They know the names of the students and even what class they are in. They always have time to talk to the parents.

Posted March 26, 2010
This school is awesome! I would not want my child to attend any other elementary school.

Posted October 24, 2009
They have the nicest staff. Very friendly and helpful

Posted February 07, 2007
This is my son's 6th year attending Whitt, He has been there since the 5th grade. The teachers and staff have always been very helpful. I will really miss the school next year, but I do believe the teachers have fully prepared my son for middle school. Marilyn Sturdivant

Posted October 25, 2006
My son has attended Whitt for 4years and I am very impressed by the leadership within the staff. Everyone is friendly and really appear to enjoy working with children. The principal is doing a great job! Greg Eisworth

Posted August 22, 2006
Whitt is great! This is the first year they have pre-k and my daughter loves it. The staff is so nice.

Posted December 06, 2005
My child has gone to this school since 1st grade, she is currently in 4th grade. It definately pays to check out all the teachers and request the one you feel your child is compatible with.

Posted November 17, 2005

Posted May 24, 2005
Our school is Ervin C Whitt Elementary, Grand Prairie, Texas. You could never find a better school than ours. It was a new school four years ago. We are blessed with the best Teacher and Staff anywhere. My 5th grader received commended on his task missing two or less, my 3rd grader missed 0-. With the ratio over Texas showing so many children failing its awesome that so many of our children not only passed but got commended. I work for GPISD and would not move my children anywhere. The principle loves each one of these children. It s a committed staff to the education and wellbeing of each of these children. I had a teacher even see one of my children struggling in lower grade and found out she was Dyslexia now she is in MTA program and doing great. Thank you Whitt Elementary for all the fine things you do!

Ervin C Whitt Elementary School
3320 South Edelweiss Drive, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified Ervin C Whitt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ervin C Whitt Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.