Grand Prairie, TX
Students enrolled: 1,068

Posted July 03, 2012
I went to this school from the time it opened in 2002 until 2005. My experience was a good one. I didn't get in too many fights bec I stood up for myselfwhen this big ole boy kept picking on me. I guess after that no one really ever wanted to fight me and I guess I didn't pay attention to anyone else's fights. Plus I joined the football team and it's kind of a different experience then bec my coaches were great. I prob went to them with my problems before I would a teacher or administrative staff. It's changed a lot in the 7 years that I've been gone bec new people have been added but Im glad to have gone there.

Posted August 23, 2010
My children have and continue to attend Arnold. They have excellent grades and have never had any behavior issues. I have never had a bad experience with any of the administrative office staff, principal or teachers in the last 3 years. In fact, they have gone above and beyond to ensure that my children have recieved a quality education in a safe environment. Parents writing negative reviews need to remember that behaviors and attitudes are first learned at home and the children that you are sending to these wonderful teachers are a reflection of your parenting, or lack of. Population, cultures and ratio of ethnicity in all schools are factors. For the most part, I believe them to be smoke screens, for parents to hide behind. If you teach your children to respect themselves and to respect others. There is no limit to what they can achieve.

Posted March 09, 2010
My child has attended arnold since 6th grade he has done real good he has never brought a failing grade the teacher are great .He loves going to this school the teachers always let me know how he is doing.

Bill Arnold Middle 0

Posted February 25, 2010
I get it that we live in a world that most of the time does not see things through our eyes as parents, but I believe it is not the teacher's job or postion to teach or raise our children. It starts at home thank you very much. I appreciate the fact that we have individuals who are willing to weed through all the CRAP that the district and STATE put upon them. I personally resent some of these comments and if any parent thinks that violence is not going to be part of their childs life you better think again because its been going on since the beginning of time and none of us is immune to it. Are there bad teachers, yes, but are there really good teachers, you bet. As far as ethnicity goes, we live in Texas.....need I say more.

Posted August 12, 2009

Posted August 21, 2008

Posted April 05, 2008
Arnold Middle School has a principal and administrative staff that is terrible. They have personal agendas and would be better off being accountants rather than working with students. They do not seem to care about the children in any form. They sit as judge and jury without talking to the parties involved. The staff looks like worn down and without any enthusiasm for life or teaching. The teachers are pressured and do not have a good general attitude about being at the school. The environment is terrible. The school is a Title One school. That means low income and the families in general have little or no education themselves. This is a low performing school. The entire situation is not positive and the staff is not a happy and productive one. The school administration and the teaching staff do not reflect the population they are teaching (Hispanic students, Black administration, White teachers). There is nothing hanging in the halls of the school that reflects the student population s cultures. The students are violent and the staff only knows how to treat the students with a heavy hand. The administration has no clue how to build morale in neither the students nor the staff. This is not a good situation.

Bill Arnold Middle 0

Posted January 21, 2008
My child attends Arnold. There have been several fights this year take place at school and after. The facility is quick to investigate the problem and be helpful it's unfortunate they can not stop the fighting. I honesty would love to move my child out of these school and highly advise against putting your child in Arnold if your concerned about his or her safety. School is a place to learn. My child's focus is on his safety each day rather than learning.

Posted March 23, 2007
I worked at this school the first year that it opened and it was horrible. The children that go there are no better now than back then. We live in the district and I made sure that my children did not attend that school. The violence at that school is unbelievable.

Bill Arnold Middle 3

Posted June 12, 2006
Teachers were very informative and made all attempts possible to ensure that our son received a quality education. Very helpful regarding communicating what he was doing regarding general behavior and grades.

Bill Arnold Middle