Posted February 21, 2007
As a student at Grapeland, I do not feel challenged by the curriculum nor am I given opportunities to excell in diverse clubs on campus. We don't have any academic clubs at Grapeland. The desire to excell in academics is not here. Honestly it isn't most of the teachers' faults. Students come in with a lazy attitude toward school and their parents expect the teachers to pick up the slack. That doesn't make sense. If parents took the time to teach their kids that education is important, maybe Grapeland wouldn't have such low test scores, maybe our emphasis wouldn't be on athletics, and maybe the town and the school district wouldn't be decadent. I don't feel that I have gotten the same education as schools in our area. I don't feel that I was given the opportunity to stretch my thinking at Grapeland as I would've been at another school.

Grapeland High School 1

Posted August 05, 2006
This school hasn't had a princepal stay more than one year in almost a decade. They do not value education, and don't even have a 'G/T' program. Most parents in this community care about football and basketball, and don't give a damn about education. Why should they? Most these kids will work and the local fctory, or on daddy's farm. Also, for a school that still has corporal punishment, the dicipline is terrible.

Grapeland High School 3

Posted September 30, 2005
This school has made a major turn around this school year and is on the right track if we can get school buildings that are up to standards this will become one of the best schools around and the kids will develo some pride in there community and their campus. I look forward to watching the changes develop!

Posted May 31, 2005
- a former student

Grapeland High School 1

Posted April 14, 2005

Posted June 23, 2004
This is a horrible school. The buildings are in terrible shape, most of the teachers aren't even qualified to teach what they do. The school puts so much emphasis on athletics instead of academics. I could see that being okay if the athletic program actually did something, but they don't. The students don't want to go there but most don't have a choice. I don't think the education I'm getting is as good a quality education as I could be getting at another school.

Posted February 06, 2004
This school does not encourage students to do well in life. Alot of students feel their teachers want them to fail. They have unfair grading practices.

Grapeland High School
P O Box 249, Grapeland, TX  75844
Last modified Grapeland High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grapeland High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top