No rating

Grapevine Faith Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 812 students

Grapevine Faith Christian School exists to develop and graduate authentic Christ

Living in Grapevine

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $225,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Posted January 30, 2014

Faith is a wonderful school. My child has grown spiritually as well as academically. She is surrounded by loving christian teachers in a warm, caring environment. I can't say enough great things about this school. We are so thankful to be a part of the Faith family.

Posted January 14, 2014

Our daughter is a middle school student at Faith, and she thrives there in every way. She is a very academic student, and she is seen as a unique individual who is a hard worker and who loves school. She has never been bullied or even excluded at Faith, and that's saying something for any middle schooler at any school. The school does a great job of proactively teaching important issues early on, such as anti-bullying, cyber awareness, dressing appropriately, etc. Our daughter's teachers are positive role models who go above and beyond, and we love the family atmosphere.

Posted December 1, 2013

I am a 15 year old girl, I attended Faith Christian School for 5 years and it was very hard for me. I am a very outgoing person and I love learning but I never fit in with any of the cliques. Despite their claim to not put up with bullying, I had almost no help whatsoever with the all of the girls that hurt me. and it wasn't an out loud bullying situation, it was quiet bullying. Where they would talk behind my back, look at me and avoid me all the time, and make fun of me. I do not regret going there because I can now relate to all of my friends at my new school because we all use to be bullied in some way, but trust me when I say your child has to fit in for him/her to have a good experience at this school. I have heard some people have a great experience there until middle school and high school which is what happened to me. We constantly had pep rally's and fundraisers all the time, and with 30+ kids in a class, I couldn't ever even as any questions if I didn't understand without feeling stupid. Make sure you are carful before you put your kid here.

Posted September 3, 2013

Not a true preparatory school. Expectations not met regarding academics, no more rigorous than public school. There is a definite 'clique' in this school & they focus on football, cheerleading & fund-raising. If you want a true 'Christian' school with a rigorous syllabus then your better off at true prep schools not far away as the D/FW area has several highly rated schools unlike Faith.

Posted March 29, 2012

Faith is a good school for students that fit in the Faith box . If your child can learn in a fast-paced, traditional setting, Faith may be a good fit for your child. Unfortunately, the school does not provide resources for students that may learn with a less traditional approach. From our personal experiences, the administration seems to have a holier than thou attitude when it comes to their approach with students that may think outside of the Faith box, which is troubling coming from a Christian school. In fact, we witnessed a more tolerant and caring attitude toward our child when attending secular schools. That being said, Faith has an excellent ability to integrate Biblical beliefs and values into all school subjects, which should be commended. Careful thought should be taken when deciding whether to enroll your child at Faith.

Posted March 13, 2012

We were blessed to get into Faith when my son was starting 2nd grade. He is now in 6th. It has been a wonderful experience. It was like joining a big family where everyone is very loving and always ready to help. The education is top notch. He is challenged by the curriculum, but teachers are always willing to help, before or after school or even during their own lunch. I was concerned for my son this year starting junior high. It has been such a great experience for him. The junior high teachers know exactly what the pre-teens need. My son is not a sports kid, however he really enjoys being involved with the Creative Arts Department and all of their wonderful offerings. Our friends and family can't believe the quality of the productions that Faith produces. If sports is your child s interest, Faith has an excellent sports program also. I think you could look the world over and not find a better bunch of people that make up the teachers and staff of Faith Christian School. They not only talk the talk, but they walk the walk. They will walk right beside your child coaching and cheering them on every day.

Posted March 11, 2012

In response to the April 19 2011 review, my child has gone to Fairh for six years now and not once has a class been cancelled or work not scheduled because of plays. My child has participated in plays and is expected to turn in his homework on time and complete. He had to turn in his work just like everybody else. Also, the musicals aren't a fundraiser for the school. Yes, they charge admittance for the musicals which is to cover the costs to put on the play. It's a good school and has problems just as every school does. If you are looking for perfection you won't find it here. This school is run by humans which we all know are flawed so there are going to be some issues. If you want no issues at all then homeschool your kids.

Posted March 7, 2012

I have 3 kids at Faith and am so thankful for this school. It is actually more like a family! The staff from the principals to teachers to lunch workers love on these kids with a genuine heart of ministry! The academics are solid, the creative arts program is amazing, and the small size allows students to be involved in so many different things....lots of opportunities to develop and grow!

Posted April 19, 2011

Emphasis on fundraising and promoting the school's image takes precedence over education here, with heavy recruitment of parents and students. We have seen classes cancelled and homework pushed back so students can practice their musicals and plays during class hours. (Musicals and plays produced to raise funds for the school). For those of us that actually have social lives and spiritual enrichment apart from school, it was particularly cumbersome having to sacrifice family time and be involved in school affairs during afterschool hours and weekends on a regular basis. To top it all, we researched and discovered that comparatively, the academics here is not at par, which is unfortunate, considering the high cost of tuition.

Posted February 27, 2011

I would be extremely cautious before sending your child to FCS. there is a very specific type of kid that thrives here and if you are even slightly outside of that box (wether it be academically or behaviorally ) your child will suffer. and for the record I have never been a complainer nor did my child have a single complaint behaviorally. the curriculum is super tough and the class sizes are way larger than they need to be or than you would like to think for a 'private' school. there is no time or tolerance if your child lags even slightly from the fast pace. the schools motto is to raise authentic christian leaders and from what I saw their are a select few kids that are focused on and chosen to do EVERYTHING while the others sit back and watch. from what I could see it was usually the kids that have been there forever, have moms who are up at the school 24/7 or are particularly outgoing. the teachers that we had were unbelievably uncaring and non-communicative with parents. Mind-blowingly so!!! my child left with a much lower self esteem than when they started!

Posted September 12, 2010

Having my teenager at Faith has been one of the best decisions we have made. We have had experience in the public school system and the private school arena. The public school was a high performing system. It was a horrible experience once in the high school/. Getting out of the public school and going into Faith was like breathing a breath of fresh air. The staff are supportive and devoted to the mssion of the school. I can't say enough about the love and guidance that the students are given. For those that have previous posts with horrible experiences, I can't help but wonder if we are talking about the same school. I suppose it is a matter of, "you can't please all of the people all of the time." I, on the other hand, highly recommend this school.

Posted May 2, 2010

Faith is my second home. I actually felt the need to leave one year and my parents allowed me. How long did I last at that new school? 3 Days. I returned immediately, missing my faith family. The teachers love us and treat us like we're their own. They're not there to run a jail like at public schools. They'r there to partener with our parents in bringing us up academicly and spiritualy. I have mental illnesses as well and they do a great job working with me and other struggling students. The only reason some kids say it's bad is because they don't want to be there. Them and their parents are the ones causing the problems. Our faculty is as good or better than what the cameras portray and everythng we've done has been initiated with no expectation of publicity. We do walk what we talk.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 6, 2009

My child began attending Faith this year and our experience has been overwhelmingly positive. It has been a great blessing to have teachers that are truly interested and motivated to meet my student at his level and help him excel. The positive effect of Christian peers and teachers has made an obvious impact on my child.

Posted September 30, 2009

I wish this school extended the same grace within their walls, that they do on camera. They do not practice biblical discipline. We had a horrible experience here. The fine arts and music program is excellent however.

Posted September 29, 2009

I couldn't disagree more with the negative comments posted. My son has gone to Faith since the school opened in 1999. He has loved it since his first day of pre-K and continues to love it to this day; his grades and life outlook show it. He has always been an exceptional student and we believe that Faith has been instrumental in that regard. Are there issues? Sure, but it has more to do with the parents than the kids or the school. Lack of parental involvement is not relegated to the public school system, we see it at Faith some also. My experience at Faith is that poor performance/attitude issues stem from lack of parental involvement and a misplaced belief by some that it is the school's responsibility to raise kids. If you are looking for a truly exceptional educational and personal experience for your child I recommend you consider Faith.

Posted August 1, 2007

I have two girls who absolutely love their elementary school, Faith! The teachers are true Christians who shine the light of Jesus in all that they do. My girls are safe and are growing in their relationship with the Lord daily. Because they don't have anxiety about school anymore (public) they are thriving spiritually, socially (precious friendships) and academically! The staff at Faith is dedicated to the Lord and to our children. We love our Faith Family!

Posted July 31, 2007

Faith has exceeded every expectation we had for a school. The teachers and staff prayerfully seek the Lord in all their decisions and focus on Jesus daily. I love the school's missions focus. They take a group of students to India every year and have many outreach activites for the children with the goal of sharing Jesus with others.

Posted December 26, 2006

This school, in only it's 7th year I believe, has achieved way beyond what I would think would be normal expectations. While no school is perfect, the leadership has been outstanding and the overall responsiveness to address issues has been excellent. We live in an exemplary rated public school district but it is a very easy decision for us to re-enroll our children at Faith each year, in spite of the fact that it is a stretch for us financially. The athletics programs have been outstanding......state championships, a commitment to excellence, etc.. Highly reccomend this school without reservation.

Posted August 16, 2006

This really just a regular high school with some Christian seasoning mixed in. The lack of discipline leads to students problems just like the public schools.

Posted August 25, 2005

This is a wonderful 12 year school, located in a old elementary school, it seems like an old-time school. The kids are super! Uniforms are required and school rules are fair. The environment speaks volumes with Bible verses, virtues, etc. all around the school building. Children are taught early to honor God and be proud of who they are and where they come from. This school rates high in moral, values, academics and more. Parents are invited to volunteer and get to know the staff and curriculum. Sports are a big plus.

Asian or Pacific Islander 2% 4%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Public
Percentage of students going to 2-year college 10% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 87% (2013)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 3% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Texas A&M
University of Oklahoma
Baylor
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Chinese (Mandarin)
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Science lab
  • Math club

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
  • Dr. Ed Smith
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• College prep
  • Core knowledge
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • Latin
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Grapevine Chamber of Commerce

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Debate

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom