PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I have two grandchildren attending Grapevine Faith and must say that I am very pleased at how the teachers love them. I agree with their "literal interpretation of the Bible" and the way they teach servant leadership. One of the most obvious things about Grapevine Faith school is they teach students, parents and grandparents HONOR, TRUTH & WISDOM...it's even carved in stone in the hallway. My granddaughter is thriving academically!
September 25, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

My experience, as well as shared testimony of a friend, is that bullying is absolutely unacceptable to the teachers and administration. While kids can only be controlled to a certain extent, and teachers are not always present it never makes you feel good to see your child hurting. I have seen admin take very swift and decisive action on this.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I do know they have a phenominal program in place y for students with mild to moderate learning differences, extreme cases, I am less sure about. There is no "Special Education" class.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Excellent administration who invests their own time in the students directly, they do not expect only teachers and coaches to invest in the students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I would consider this to almost be its core focus. It is a school, so I have to remind myself CONSTANTLY that even as a fully grown adult I don't achieve perfection in these categories, so I cannot expect that children will, but I definitely see OVERALL a distinct character difference between the majority of FAITH students. You can't save everyone, and for some there is little reinforcement at home, maybe, or they are more hands-on lesson learners, but that is nothing but to be expected.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

PHENOMENAL! Ineffective teachers are sometimes hired, yes, but I have seen at least twice where they were given review, opportunity to change/ improve and then removed when necessary. What more can be asked?

Amount of homework: Agree

Do I wish there was none? Yes. Do I understand the need for it in some situations, yes. Do I believe there is room for improvement in the way it is currently handled? Sure. Hopefully, the staff, especially in the jr and high schools do also.

I am currently a parent of 2 Faith students. I will start by acknowledging that this, as any other institution, is a place run by human people. They are fallable, and no one is quicker to admit that than the administration. But the principals stand in the hallways before and after school and throughout the day, they make themselves completely accessible to the parents, they make the hard choices and are willing to stand with you personally, not pawn you off to an assistant. Each of the teachers my children have had have been heads above what I have witnessed elsewhere. Even the extras teachers are incredible. My best friend has had 2 students graduate from here in the last few years also, so I have seen it from all sides. There have been plenty of days where plans changed or too much or too little communication was happening; there are always a few parents that will behave a way you don't like, there is always a 3rd grader or 11th grader that doesn't behave the way your precious child does, but all in all I witness every day an institution STRIVING beyond everything to show my children and their friends that leadership in their faith means kindness, compassion and loving others from ALL walks of life, here in their school and in the far reaches of the globe. Perhaps I am blessed to have been raised to see that even as Christians we can only do our best each and every day, so I expect only that from others. Yes, even those I am paying a large portion of my annual take-home to. I may not be the "typical" Faith income, but I can assure you, I feel it well worth the investment, and am grateful for the education and opportunities being there is affording my children. From music to dance to cub club, even beginning in elementary my kids are able to enjoy all of the aspects of school, and I am grateful.

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
It's just what they do. The mission statement is taught at every level: "...develop and graduate authentic Christian leaders."

Teacher effectiveness:
SCHOOL LEADER
Absolutely! They clearly demonstrate a love for learning and an appreciation for family values. Teachers carefully review all standardized test data for each child

Amount of homework:
SCHOOL LEADER
Grapevine Faith typically does not give homework for homework sake. There are times when some assignments seem to be a bit light
Posted September 25, 2016

Last modified Grapevine Faith Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12