Dove Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 595 students

Dove is best known for the incredible parental involvement!

Posted August 1, 2013

I have been a parent of children that attended Dove Elementary school for the last eight years. Dove is a fabulous school that is so full of genuine caring, kindness and love for the students it serves every day. All three of my children have absolutely loved their school experience and I attribute that to the amazing, nurturing and intelligent teachers & staff at Dove! The administration is supportive, attentive and ever present daily, interacting with both students and parents. Dove is truly it's own little community within a community and we feel so very fortunate that our children began their educational foundation at such an awesome school!

Posted August 1, 2013

I have had children at Dove for the past 8 years and it has been the most wonderful experience for both them and me. My kids have excelled in their studies due to the amazing teaching staff. They have had a blast with every activity they've participated in such as choir, KDOV, Drummers, etc. The administration is super welcoming and always there to answer questions or concerns. The best Principal and Asst. Principal EVER!!!! They greet every single child by name and I think just about every parent, too, which floors me. I really can't imagine any other school being better....nope.....none are. ;o)

Posted August 1, 2013

Dove is an exceptional school with wonderful and caring staff and teachers. My children look forward to going to school everyday.

Posted June 4, 2013

This school is great. Ms. Lamb is by far the best I've ever seen. No matter the weather she is always out side greeting the children as they come into the school doors. The teachers and staff are wounderful and do a great job getting parents involved. There is great parent involvement and alot of activities planned. However there is one thing I just can not get past. Ms.Connie at the front desk is rude. She never smiles and always sighs and makes a look of what do you need acting like we are bothering her. She also acts like some of us parents are teen parents ! I'm 35 I look young but that does not mean you look down on me and treat me like Im a teen mother.Anyways most parents I've spoke to all agree the school would be better without the grinch .

Posted May 24, 2012

Dove Elementary has the finest faculty a parent or student could ever hope of. It's the small, caring things done every day by everyone that really add up. They have worked endlessly to help with my special needs children and have never, not even once, made us feel anything less than welcome and loved. There are many good schools in Texas, but it's the staff that really makes the heart of the school and the foundation for education. Dove has raised the bar for excellence and is truly an Exemplary school on multiple levels. We have to move out of district and I'm devastated. There are so many staff members that will be missed. Dove has impacted our lives for the better and forever.

Posted April 10, 2012

I went o Dove in the 90's then moved on to the "old" Grapevine Middle School before transferring to Keller ISD for high school, and at 26 years old, I still have very fond memories of Dove. It's so wonderful to see that it is still as great as it was back then!

Posted March 28, 2012

Dove Elementary has been absolutely one of the BEST experiences in our children's lives. I remember being so nervous about moving from daycare to elementary school when our first son entered Kindergarten. Our past several years at Dove have been incredible and have far exceeded my highest expectations. Mrs. Lamb and Mrs. Torres provide strong, caring and visible leadership which truly sets Dove apart. The outstanding teaching staff takes a real interest in helping all their students succeed. The parent involvement with both PTA and the Dove Dad's Club is amazing. This school focuses on creating a positive learning environment, with a strong since of community. Dove is an OUTSTANDING school!

Posted March 22, 2012

Both of my girls went to Dove elementary. I am very impressed with both the Principal and Vice Principal, they provide a very strong and supportive leadership. It is so nice to see the kids run up to them with smiles and hugs. Dove has a very welcoming and positive atmosphere, and one of the best Pat teachers I've seen. The whole teaching staff is superb and my girls very much enjoyed their time at Dove

Posted March 16, 2012

I have three boys, all of which attend(ed) Dove. Elementary is such a big part of growing up and Dove ensures that it even more memorable. The teaching is solid and consistent, the leadership is visible and accessible, the PTA is active and involved. There are many stand out teachers, but if my kids were to name a few favorites they might start the list with, Mrs. Birdwell (now Henry), Mrs. Keeling, Mrs. Spath, Ms. Mery, Mrs. Pearson, Mrs. Brown. Mrs. Kerr, Mrs. Preston...It would go on and on. It is more than a school, it is a community. We've also noted that children leave Dove and go to middle school as a group, really bonded, making the middle school transition easier. There are also SO many programs, clubs, and events it makes it possible for everyone to have something extra special at Dove: Culture Club, Choir, Drummers, STUCO, Art Club, Library Programs, Talent Show, K-DOV, and on and on.

Posted June 12, 2011

My children thankfully attended Dove from 2009-2011. It was the best experience EVER for them. From Becky, Connie, Julie, Kevin Strang, and all the teachers we will truly miss you all. We loved Choir, Cardio Club, LIbrary Assistant, and Bluebonnet Battles. You showed my children what a good education should look like and I will NOT accept anything less. <3, Samantha, Alex & Isabel

Posted January 5, 2011

I just wanted to post that even though my daughter is only attending this school for one year (2010, but we will try to get her here for next year), the school has been fabulous!! Everyone from the office to her teachers has been nothing but professional and amazing. I'm part of the Dad's Club so I got to see more than the typical dad did and I could only hope and pray that my kids get the same (can there be any better than Dove?!??!?!) treatment from their future teachers through their lives! Dove Teachers ROCK!!!! They have SOOOOO many extra curricular activities going on during the day and after school that I'm amazed they (the teachers and PTA members) can keep it all running smoothly! If you're a parent, PLEASE please join in on your kids education at school, even if it's for ONE function. You will be glad you did and your kid(s) will be glad you did as well. If she doesn't get to come back to Dove next year then I wish all the best to the teachers and faculty and please keep up the great work you do! NewDad!

Posted June 9, 2010

My daughter went to Dove for kindergarten this year. We are so sad to be moving ! She had an amazing year. The principal Mrs. Lamb is so kind and amazing. I would highly recommend this school to parents.

Posted April 30, 2009

My daughter is finishing up her 5th grade year at Dove and we are both very sad. Dove Elementary has been an extraordinary school from the start of her Kindergarten year. Each teacher my daughter has had the pleasure of having has treated her with respect and fostered a nurturing and dynamic learning environment. The parent involvement is tremendous and the envy of many nearby schools within the GCISD! I have befriended several of the staff and faculty at Dove and encourage all parents to take an active role in their child's education, because that is the essence of what I think makes Dove such an exceptional place to learn. Dove offers many opportunities to become active in both educational and extra curricular activities. Their Dynamic Drummers program, lead by Kevin Strang is truly remarkable and has helped in my daughter's confidence level tremendously. Keep up the excellent work!

Posted December 18, 2008

We are new to Dove Elementary and have been warmly welcomed. My daughter is so happy in the choir. The choir has allowed her to express herself in so many creative ways, that her self confidence has overall improved. We are very pleased with Dove Elementary.

Posted October 19, 2008

I have never seen more involved parents as at Dove. My son was diagnosed with ADD, and my worries about being 'labeled' were completely put to rest by their excellent faculty. Currently, we are looking to move - but one of my requirements is that we stay within Dove's boundaries. GREAT SCHOOL. Standouts: Becky Lamb, Jamie Torres, Christi Strang, Kevin Strang, Margaret Chilicki, Katie Neil.

Posted September 19, 2008

My grandson attends Dove Elementary ...this is his 3rd yr. and no where else will you find a principle who stands outside every morning and evening to help the kids out of cars in the morning and call their names at pickup time...she knows every child and the car by no later than the 3rd day of school....rain or shine she is there...she and the vice-principle are exceptional together and have a team that make Dove a family school !!! something every parent wants for their child....I am so thankful for them everyday!!! and the wonderful teaching staff they have....they are more than an Exemplary School to me! sej, a grandmother

Posted August 26, 2008

I have one daughter who attends school at Dove. She has already completed grades K & 1 & she is in the 2nd grade there. Her Kind. teacher was excellent and maybe it's because she has been teaching for at least 15-20 yrs. Her 1st grade teacher was excellent as well except for 1 issue we had with her. We reported it to the Principal and it was immediatley resolved. She also attends speech and occupational therapy there as well and we can really tell that it is helping. Her therapy teachers are excellent. I do not feel worried when she goes to school every morning...I feel totally safe leaving her at school. Dove has an excellent security system as well. This is an excellent school for children to attend and I will continue to send her there each year that she is able to go due to attendance zones.

Posted June 18, 2007

I really enjoyed having my son at Dove. The kindergarten class had alot to offer. You are never to young to start learning new & exciting things! ALL the staff that worked with us are beyond wonderful!! They were caring, attentive, patient, dedicated & very hard working!! The parents I volunteered with & got to know were awesome! We really enjoyed all the school functions. I feel Dove and it's staff takes great pride in the school, parents & most of all the students!!

Posted February 8, 2006

I have really enjoyed having my daughter at this school. The teachers have always been very attentive and helpful. There is crazy parent involvement. The only problem is that if you can't volunteer every day it seems no one calls on you for anything!

Posted September 18, 2004

I have one kid that has completed all 6 grades (K-5) in this school and one kid that is in 3rd grade. We are very happy about the school despite a poor teacher here and there. There are some excellent teachers in the school (some of them, unfortunately, recently retired or went to another school). Teacher attrition rate is a bit higher recently, but is most probably not above the TX average. The school is responsive to adjusting the curriculum to the kids needs. The school has an above average music program teacher with the famous Drumming Dolphins program.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

96 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

95 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

80 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

80 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

77 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

88 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

88 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

89 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Female91%

Not economically disadvantaged96%
Not special education96%
Non-migrant97%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

103 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

108 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

108 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Male93%

Proficient in English82%
Non-migrant82%
Non-Gifted80%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian or Pacific Islander 6% 4%

Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Exemplary Status (2009)
  • Exemplary Status (2010)
  • Exemplary Status (2011)
Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Grapevine Clean-up (2009)
  • Grapevine Clean-up (2010)

Special education / special needs

• Differentiated learning programs
  • Special olympics

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Foreign language club: spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Acceleration

School start time
  • 4:45 am
School end time
  • 2:45 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:30 p.m.
  • JAMIE TORRES
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (817) 481-6730

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Gifted / high performing
  • Individually guided instruction
  • Project-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

• Acceleration
  • Career/college counseling
  • Counseling
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Mentoring
  • Remediation
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • GC Education Foundation

Arts & music

Music
  • Choir / Chorus
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

Visit

Preschool
Elementary school

How to apply

Does this school have an application or enrollment process?

Planning Ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Grapevine Middle School