Grapevine High School

Public | 9-12 | 2098 students

Posted May 26, 2013

We have two sons who have graduated GHS. The teachers care about the students and the students have so many choices of classes to take. It's amazing. One son took all advanced classes and was also able to take a media class in which he learned to make movies and edit them. Our second son was in Jazz band, marching band, and was also able to take a welding class. He will graduated with a 5.2 GPA. There is a great deal of diversity in this school, which is important. The kids all get along great. Their parents move to this district because they want their children to do well.

Posted January 7, 2013

Not a good learning environment and many children are bad influences. I walk through the hallway and hear many kids talking about doing drugs.

Posted October 28, 2012

I have FOUR children who graduated from GHS and all of them are doing extremely well. This is a terrific HS in every way and prepares students for the challanges they will face in the future.

Posted April 22, 2012

I believe GHS is the best high school in North Texas. It has the best teachers who care about their students and challenge them to succeed in life. It has the best administrators, fine arts directors/teachers & coaches who spend countless hours shaping our teenagers into well-rounded adults. It has the best parent organizations with volunteers who support every aspect of high school life and every student at the school. Change happens and over the 100+ years at Grapevine, change has worked!

Posted April 19, 2012

I love Grapevine High School! I have one child who graduated from GHS and two kids who are currently there. Any school is only as good as the staff, and the staff at GHS is excellent. GHS provides a challenging environment for students with great opportunity for personal and academic growth.

Posted April 18, 2012

I have had such great memories here at Grapevine High School. The faculty here is excellent, and truly inspire the students to challenge themselves and really get something great out of their high school years. I don't think anyone could argue that this school does not have school spirit; the pep rallies are always filled with yelling students and their excitement. This truly is an entire community-involved school--backed by over a century of tradition--and I hope that it will stay this way for the next hundred years.

Posted April 18, 2012

Everything in life is reflected by the people you experience it with and GCISD is filled with great people that do so much more than is asked. Most of the community is centered around the school district and you won't find a better area than this one. Grapevine high has exceptional teachers and multiple programs that enhance the school.

Posted April 18, 2012

I graduated just last year from GHS and I loved my whole experience there. The teachers were great, especially those teaching AP courses. Classes were definitely tough going through them but they really pay off in the future. College classes are much easier after the curriculum I took at GHS. Outside of academics, Grapevine has great extracurricular activities to get involved in and a ton of school pride. I loved going there and would definitely make the Mustang choice all over again.

Posted April 18, 2012

We have had three children attend Grapevine HS, two who have graduated and one that is currently a junior. The variety of activities available to participate in above and beyond academics are excellent. We especially love our daughter's English/Lang Arts teacher/Leadership teacher.

Posted April 18, 2012

As a recent graduate, I have to say that my time at Grapevine High School was well spent. I loved all of my teachers and still stay in touch with many of them. The teachers truly care about their students academically and socially. The school offered many extra-curricular opportunities to help students become involved.

Posted April 18, 2012

The faculty and teachers at GHS did a wonderful job of preparing me for college academically. I took 12 different AP classes and was able to go into college with 28 credit hours. The classes challenged me and the teachers encouraged me to do my best. The school also offered tutoring for all students before or after school where teachers and students could help other students with their assignments. Overall, Grapevine High School gave me an excellent academic experience with wonderful teachers and administrators.

Posted April 18, 2012

I couldn't have asked for a better high school experience. Grapevine High School was very nurturing and the staff was always there to help. The classes are challenging but they definitely prepare you for college. There were many extracurriculars to be involved so every could find something they loved to get involved in. It was a great environment to grow in and an excellent school all around!!!

Posted April 17, 2012

GHS is an excellent school to have your children. I have had one graduate from GHS and two others currently there. Their quality of education has been superior. My oldest has had a smooth transition to college much in part to the rigor that was in her coursework at GHS. It prepared her well! GHS has a rich heritage and I am excited to see how the new principal builds upon this.

Posted April 17, 2012

I graduated from GHS last year, and I had four of the best years of my life. I was well prepared for the transition into college both academically and socially. GHS has a wonderful staff with qualified teachers and leaders. I developed wonderful relationships with students and faculty alike. GHS provided me with a wonderful high school experience.

Posted April 17, 2012

I am so thankful that my children are in GCISD and Grapevine High School. We moved to the district for the schools and have not once been disappointed in that decision. We have found caring teachers who value the education of their students. There are many other options around us including both private schools and public schools that accept transfer students, however, we would not consider taking our kids anywhere else. They have found their "mustang" thing and are receiving an excellent education.

Posted April 17, 2012

I graduated from Grapevine last year, and it has prepared me so well going into the future. I wouldn't trade the time that I had at GHS for anything. I grew as a person, I learned from amazingly caring teachers, and I had the opportunity to get involved in so many extra-curricular clubs. Grapevine High School is an absolutely amazing community.

Posted April 17, 2012

I am so grateful to have made the Grapevine choice. The teachers and staff genuinely care about the students and go out of their way to offer as much help. In fact, I still keep in touch with many of my teachers. I graduated last year and I feel I was fully prepared for college: academically, socially, AND emotionally. Also, there are plenty of extracurricular activities to satisfy even the most involved student. Personally, I am VERY proud to be able to say I graduated from Grapevine High School, and I'm sure I don't stand alone on that statement. Grapevine High School has school spirit like no other. Even though the school is going through a transition right now, but it is all to better the school. Change is not easy and I promise, the staff is doing the BEST they can to make it as smooth as possible for not JUST the students and parents, but for the teachers as well. I would change nothing about my high school experience and I'm excited to see what's in store for Grapevine High School.

Posted April 17, 2012

I had an amazing four years at Grapevine High School. There were so many wonderful aspects that made it such a great school and a memorable experience. The academics were top-notch. All of the staff and faculty went above and beyond to educate the students to the best of thier abilities and knew how to relate to the students. The school had a strong AP and Pre-AP program that challenged those who needed it and well prepaired them for not only college but for the rest of their lives. The Principal, at the time, had much to do with the positive atmosphere of the school. He made sure everyone felt included in the Mustang Family and provide great leadership for the school. Grapevine also had very strong Fine Arts, which is just as important as academics in shaping well-rounded students and prepairing them for the real world. Finally, the student body at Grapevine was so diverse, yet got along well due to the long running tradtions and Mustang Spirit that was present in the school. I don't regret one thing while I attended Grapevine High School and am thankful I was able to be apart of such a great place.

Posted April 16, 2012

Grapevine High use to be a wonderful school. Over the years the demographics have changed drastically. Not a good change. Good teachers left. Core subject class for on level students are taught by coaches that don't really care about teaching. The new principal they brought in is from a middle school magnet school with 411 students. I feel she will be in way over her head. Time will tell, but it could be your child that is harmed in the process. The new super. is making GCISD a little Dallas Independent School District with all the employees from there he is bringing in. The ones I have seen lack typical, lack work ethic and professionalism. So unless you want to attend little DISD, choose another district.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 9, 2011

Although I've had several great teachers at Grapevine High School, the overwhelming majority of the faculty shows and apathetic lack of respect toward the students along with an unwillingness to change problems that are expressed by students and parents to the administration. It is sad to see a school with so much potential fail to strive for excellence. That is why I would not recommend Grapevine High School

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

487 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

485 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

538 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

532 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

533 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

529 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

444 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

444 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

449 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

450 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students99%

Hispanic99%
Economically disadvantaged98%
Special education100%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

406 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

166 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

580 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

474 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

579 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

611 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

523 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

524 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

522 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

6 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

571 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

512 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

• SHANNON TOVAR
Fax number
  • (817) 481-5957

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3223 Mustang Drive