Bad
Good

I think that Timberline is a great school! We have a strong since of community as a staff and with out students and their families. Timberline has a great one way and two way dual language programs. Along with this Timberline is a Leader in Me campus that is working towards becoming a Lighthouse Academy. There are such great things happening at TES!

I have taught in many different schools over the past 20 years (private, charter, and public) around the country and Timberline has an amazing community of dedicated educators! Our principal and assistant principal are very student and family focused. I go to work everyday at Timberline and see the true dedication that teachers give their community by serving the families and students in Grapevine. I am proud to be a part of this team!!! This is a true servant school.

This school is excellent! The principal and teachers are very friendly and supportive a ll the time. I always get support from staff when needed, TES has many extra activities to have fun. My kids are attending different clubs and they are having a great time at TES! The Spanish language classes are a great advantage, as you know in 2020 50% of Texas people will speak Spanish. Also many big companies are coming to Texas and many are giving support to LatinAmerica in Spanish and Portuguese. As a father you want the best for your kids and TES is a very good star!

Timberline is a special school filled with love! This school has an amazing staff and a wonderful principal. The teachers with school-age children send their kids to school here and there are many teachers who live in the neighborhood near the school. Timberline is community and I believe that it is what is right with public education. I only wish more schools were are innovative and caring as Timberline. That's what all kids deserve.

I have been a volunteer for a number years at Timberline Elementary. I used to conduct safety presentations when I was a police officer before I retired. The principal and all her staff are warm, professional and very qualified. They treat the children and parents with respect and kindness. The teachers are motivated, enthusiastic and truly care about their students. The children are eager to learn, hard workers and accomplishing great things. Timberline Elementary is a terrific school with a great PTA, terrific Dad's Club and tremendous parent support.

This is an excellent school in my opinion. Two of my three children are attending Timberline Elementary and they speak English and Spanish fluently, for me this is a great advantage in our real world. The principal and the teachers are friendly and my kids are happy. My kids enjoy to go to this school! The dual program is working successfull for my kids. Dual program is the future for people who wants to be the leaders (many countries around the word are giving this advantage to their children) I am glad to give this advantage to my children at TES.

I was happy to see that the GCISD offered a Dual Language Program at Timberline. We are zoned for Bear Creek but I transferred my daughter to kindergarten at Timberline. The school is diverse and I love that. Parent involvement is huge here. The principal, June Ritchlin, is great to work with and the office staff is friendly and always answers any questions I have. I have seen comments about the emphasis being on Spanish only. I have to disagree. The emphasis is on Spanish and English equally and my daughter has thrived in this type of environment. She loves her classes and her Spanish class 'buddy'. Her teachers are dedicated and work hard to help the students excel. Updates on student progress is well communicated and a question sent via email is always answered the same day and typically within a couple of hours. I have nothing but great things to say about this school. I love the environment, the curriculum, the teachers and the staff. My daughter is happy and by the time she finishes high school, she will be able to read, write, and speak Spanish fluently. In today's world, that will do nothing but help her excel in whatever she chooses to do.

We moved into the Timberline Elementary zone hesitantly, yet decided to give it a try. The school is COMPLETELY unorganized, communication between parents and staff is non-existent and issues were addressed in the most UNPROFESSIONAL and honestly shockingly inadequate way that I have ever seen in ANY complaint situation , EVER, not just in an educational system! Initially, I was open to the "diversity" that yes, in our culture is an appropriate and real world requirement and something that SHOULD be encouraged and embraced, however, the school is actually NOT "diverse" it is a spanish oriented school and is geared primarily towards spanish speaking students and parents. Which is great, unless you don't speak Spanish, which I don't. I must say that the parental involvement WAS great and they have many parent volunteers at the school every day. Unfortunately, the language barrier was HUGE and I was welcomed, but unable to communicate with the moms. The school events were CHAOTIC and not worth the time to attend. My child HATED going to school! My child REGRESSED! Then they sent out a letter stating that the school failed to meet the state requirements. I was NOT surprised. We moved!

the staff is horrible and unfriendly no one in the office ever seems to really know what is going on and always gives you the run around. then when you decide to unenroll from this school they treat you like a criminal....

TES has achieved the Exemplary status once more. I commend the diligence, determination and dedication shown by it's principal, teachers and students. The school is demographically diverse which makes it unique from other schools in the district. This uniqueness begets unique ways of learning for the students - academically and socially. There are teaching challenges no doubt, but they are not obstacles but rather conduits to greatness.

Last modified Timberline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.