Timberline Elementary School 5

Posted July 17, 2014
I was happy to see that the GCISD offered a Dual Language Program at Timberline. We are zoned for Bear Creek but I transferred my daughter to kindergarten at Timberline. The school is diverse and I love that. Parent involvement is huge here. The principal, June Ritchlin, is great to work with and the office staff is friendly and always answers any questions I have. I have seen comments about the emphasis being on Spanish only. I have to disagree. The emphasis is on Spanish and English equally and my daughter has thrived in this type of environment. She loves her classes and her Spanish class 'buddy'. Her teachers are dedicated and work hard to help the students excel. Updates on student progress is well communicated and a question sent via email is always answered the same day and typically within a couple of hours. I have nothing but great things to say about this school. I love the environment, the curriculum, the teachers and the staff. My daughter is happy and by the time she finishes high school, she will be able to read, write, and speak Spanish fluently. In today's world, that will do nothing but help her excel in whatever she chooses to do.

Posted February 15, 2014
We moved into the Timberline Elementary zone hesitantly, yet decided to give it a try. The school is COMPLETELY unorganized, communication between parents and staff is non-existent and issues were addressed in the most UNPROFESSIONAL and honestly shockingly inadequate way that I have ever seen in ANY complaint situation , EVER, not just in an educational system! Initially, I was open to the "diversity" that yes, in our culture is an appropriate and real world requirement and something that SHOULD be encouraged and embraced, however, the school is actually NOT "diverse" it is a spanish oriented school and is geared primarily towards spanish speaking students and parents. Which is great, unless you don't speak Spanish, which I don't. I must say that the parental involvement WAS great and they have many parent volunteers at the school every day. Unfortunately, the language barrier was HUGE and I was welcomed, but unable to communicate with the moms. The school events were CHAOTIC and not worth the time to attend. My child HATED going to school! My child REGRESSED! Then they sent out a letter stating that the school failed to meet the state requirements. I was NOT surprised. We moved!

Posted August 14, 2013
the staff is horrible and unfriendly no one in the office ever seems to really know what is going on and always gives you the run around. then when you decide to unenroll from this school they treat you like a criminal....

Posted May 23, 2012
TES has achieved the Exemplary status once more. I commend the diligence, determination and dedication shown by it's principal, teachers and students. The school is demographically diverse which makes it unique from other schools in the district. This uniqueness begets unique ways of learning for the students - academically and socially. There are teaching challenges no doubt, but they are not obstacles but rather conduits to greatness.

Timberline Elementary School 5

Posted April 06, 2010
I don't get why everyone is so upset about the spanish spoken in school. It's not a big deal. In fact, it will come in handy for the future. This school is awesome: the staff is friendly and helpful and my kids love the school. It's in a great area, what more could you ask for?

Timberline Elementary School 2

Posted June 20, 2009

Posted March 04, 2009
This is our first year at Timberline, I have three children in school and we are very pleased with the curriculum, the communication and the staff. The teachers are dedicated to higher learning and involvement of parents is outstanding. People are hesitant about this school due to the diversity; we have noticed our children taking an interest other languages and learning about other cultures. I recommend this school to anyone.

Posted December 10, 2008
What an awful school! My child has gone to this school for two years. All I see is poor communication, uncaring arrogant principal, no programs to help English speaking students.... Getting any information about your student's performance is tedious and frustrating. This school is a big black spot in the GCISD. I can not wait to move out of this school's district!

Timberline Elementary School 3

Posted October 08, 2008
My daughter is in 2nd grade this year and has been at Timberline since kindergarten. The only problem I have with this school is the communication. This might be due to the fact that my daughter doesn't communicate with me what the school is telling her, but she is 7 years old. They had to call me twice after school because I didn't pick her up. She was supposed to be attending an afterschool program that was cancelled but they didn't inform me of this. I am constantly not getting notices about events and her lunch box was stolen twice and they did nothing about it, because no one else has had a lunchbox stolen so it must not have been stolen. I am just glad we are moving soon because I am sick of this school.

Posted May 14, 2008
My daughter has been at this school for almost two years now. I believe that she is at the top of her grade level due to the relationship and commintment of her teachers towards her education. My daughter is an english speaking student and has earned nothing but a respect for cultural diversity and a desire to learn the spanish language due to the spanish speaking population at this school. The staff is committed to bringing up the TAKS grades for all students at this school and I would recommend it to anyone.

Timberline Elementary School
3220 Timberline Drive, Grapevine, TX  76051
Last modified Timberline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timberline Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.