Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 23, 2016
Awesome school My 3rd grader loves going to school every day. His brother graduated to middle school and continues to take STEM classes. Great staff and wonderful environment

Cannon Elementary School 1

Posted March 03, 2015
Cannon elementary is doing everything to bring your child down not to build him up. They have favoritism for some parents and kids. You better pray you are one of them otherwise your school days will be everything you don't want them to be.

Posted February 23, 2015
This school is run by a very dedicated Principle, Ms Blizzard. Her true interest in every child's success shines through the whole school. This attitude is reflected in the commitment of every teacher here by cultivating an environment of enthusiasm and life long love of learning! Cannon has an extraodinary STEM curriculum which is very well implemented. My children's personal happiness, life skills and motivation for learning has grown in leaps and bounds since they moved here from another GCISD school. They love going to school every day, because "school is so much fun". The students who attend here are from very diverse sociodemographic backgrounds, but they are all welcomed and treated equally - no cliques or special groups that I can attest of. We are truly privileged to be part of this very well run, welcoming school. Thank you Cannon (and GCISD)!!!

Posted February 22, 2015
I have to admit I was worried abou sending my children to Cannon five years ago, but can say it was the best decision ever. Cannon has been the best experience for my two children. The principal and staff are committed to education and embracing the diverse nature of the demographics. I have never seen such passionate teachers who engage the students. The STEM program really should be STEAM. It is a whole brain school program with great arts and music along side of the math and science curriculum.

Cannon Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2015
Oh please if your kid has a disability do not bring them here the principal and vp are the worse they do not take care of bullying the lie and say they do which they never did then blame my kid!! The one who was getting bullied, cause I stood up for my kid and to pay me and my family back made up lies and called cps on us nice huh?? All cause we stood up for my child!!! horrible school!!!! The principal and vp need to be fired got my kid out of there and I would never let another kid of mine near that school

Posted July 25, 2014
Cannon Elementary is a GCISD school. It's within a great school system. They are an elementary STEM school. AND every child, K-5 take home iPads everyday. When we moved to this area and was assigned to Cannon, we had no idea how innovative this school was. The children have individualized assignments, as well as work teams, which is a good simulation of the real world. The principal is laser focused on education. The assistant principal is nurturing. They make a great team. Parents are down to earth and teachers are approachable. As a former private school parent, I'll tell you, this school gives me no reason to go back.

Posted May 30, 2014
Cannon Elementary's teachers, principal and staff are a great asset and this school deserves recognition beyond the 'stats' that are used to rate schools. The STEM program, dual-language options and GT classes make it a great place for kids. 2 of my kids have been through K-5 at Cannon and the third one enthusiastic attending now.

Posted May 28, 2014
Absolutely love this school. STEM, Dual Language, 1 to 1 iPad initiative. Cannon has so much to offer our daughter. We love the diversity.

Posted May 24, 2014
What an outstanding place to send your child. Both my son and daughter go here and I have nothing but good things to say. There are so many after school activities and clubs as well as great projects my kids are involved with its staggering. The principal Mrs Blizzard (formerly Taylor) is great and is really leading this school in a positive direction with STEM education, Bi Lingual curriculum and, in championing the school by seeking grant money and supporting Cannon's awesome robotics team. There is always something happening here. So many of the parents I know who have children here are involved in some way. There is a very active watchdogs program where dad's can come volunteer and be part of their child's day. I've done it a few times and am thrilled with the interaction I have with their teachers. There are so many great, caring teachers at Cannon I feel blessed that my kids are there.

Posted September 26, 2013
This school really deserves a higher rating and in time it will show. I am so impressed with how this school runs like a well-oiled machine! It has a lot to say about the Principal and her dedication to our children and her amazing staff. Every child has their own ipad that they take home which is unheard of! As well as the STEM program they offer. My child is so excited to get to school, just absorbing as much as possible and loving it! There's nowhere else we'd like to be. we are definitely at the right school!

Cannon Elementary School
1300 West College Street, Grapevine, TX  76051
Last modified Cannon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.