Posted September 17, 2013
Grapevine Middle School has been an unexpectedly FABULOUS experience for our son! A few years ago, we had heard some concerns with GMS from other parents, so we were nervous sending our son to middle school - actually any middle school. Mrs. Young and the teachers at GMS have been OUTSTANDING!!! This group of teachers are true professionals that engage the hearts and minds of our kids. We are now in our 2nd year at GMS and are so happy with the progress. Keep up the great work Mrs. Young!!!! We love being at GMS!

Grapevine Middle School 2

Posted September 19, 2012
I prefer Private school. Because there is more encouragement in private school. GMS is an o.k. School. But

Posted August 02, 2011
The school is relatively new - very clean and in good condition. Offers athletics, music, arts and other extra curricular activities. Though predominently caucasian, Grapevine offers diversity that isn't found everywhere in Northeast Tarrant County. Plus, the culture of Grapevine is awesome - rich history (Grapevine High School is over 100 years old) and the town continues to flourish. The upper faculty (principal/asst principals) have been great - responsive to questions/concerns; firm but friendly; open to suggestions; and solid on learning issues such as ADHD.

Grapevine Middle School 4

Posted July 06, 2011
My daughters have truly enjoyed their time at Grapevine Middle School. The teachers and staff are most helpful and provide an abundance of support.

Grapevine Middle School 1

Posted August 26, 2010
Bullying is a major problem at this school. There is no cohesiveness among leaders to take control of this problem. It appears they don't want to be bothered. Absolutely would not recommend this school. I agree that leadership tells you what you want to hear. Just a paycheck, no buy-in.

Grapevine Middle School 3

Posted February 15, 2009

Grapevine Middle School 2

Posted January 20, 2009
I have one kid that attended this school for three years and one kid that is in 7th grade right now. By now I know a lot about this school and do not have much good to say about it. While there are some good teachers most of the ones that my kids had are lousy. They either don't know the subject they are teaching or don't know how to transfer it to students. Athletic program is a joke (save for maybe one coach who is really trying hard). Overall, keep away from this school if you can.

Posted September 08, 2008
I do not agree with the below statements. Our son is a special needs child and Mrs Blackstock and Mr Warner are wonderful to him. We could not be happier with this school. Maybe if you were a little more involved with you child you would know that thier grades are failing. Try calling and checking yourself how your child is doing.

Grapevine Middle School 3

Posted April 03, 2008
I feel that GMS is overall a good school. We no longer have to wear collared shirts and have to tuck them in( thank goodness). The cafeteria does have okay foods but they rerely have any foods that vegetarians would like. I think if they would changes that then i would be more satisfied.

Grapevine Middle School 0

Posted March 12, 2008
I would agree with using extreme caution when considering GMS, the teachers have no self control they yell at the students and call them names. Teachers do not contact parents when there is an issue with grades. The coaches are an issue all it's own they show favoritism they seem to go out of their way to be jerks to the students that are not their favorite. I do agree with other parents Mr. Hughes does tell you as a parent what you want to hear but nothing ever changes. If this is not enough my student has been offered drugs at this school and said that some kids carry knives. Where is this headed? Do we wonder why the schools test scores have dropped and why the school is rated only acceptable at this point.

Grapevine Middle School
301 Pony Parkway, Grapevine, TX  76051
Last modified Grapevine Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grapevine Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top