Bad
Good

This school was very good for my academically talented children. They emphasize the whole childs experience - the district provides a tremendous backbone and framework for the kids as well. I'm an active parent in my kids education and am very glad they attended GMS. Any lower rating may have come from the leadership change three a few years ago - the new principal has made AMAZING changes that have benefitted the children. And while she and I did not always see eye to eye, she heard me out and respects the parents opinions. I put full trust in her to provide a great experience for my kids. Amazing band, theatre, chorale, GT, FPS, STEM, math club, robotics, theatre programs and more.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each year my kids had numerous teachers who guided and encouraged them. The band program is fantastic aliv with the gifted and talented program.

Grapevine Middle School has been an unexpectedly FABULOUS experience for our son! A few years ago, we had heard some concerns with GMS from other parents, so we were nervous sending our son to middle school - actually any middle school. Mrs. Young and the teachers at GMS have been OUTSTANDING!!! This group of teachers are true professionals that engage the hearts and minds of our kids. We are now in our 2nd year at GMS and are so happy with the progress. Keep up the great work Mrs. Young!!!! We love being at GMS!

I prefer Private school. Because there is more encouragement in private school. GMS is an o.k. School. But

The school is relatively new - very clean and in good condition. Offers athletics, music, arts and other extra curricular activities. Though predominently caucasian, Grapevine offers diversity that isn't found everywhere in Northeast Tarrant County. Plus, the culture of Grapevine is awesome - rich history (Grapevine High School is over 100 years old) and the town continues to flourish. The upper faculty (principal/asst principals) have been great - responsive to questions/concerns; firm but friendly; open to suggestions; and solid on learning issues such as ADHD.

My daughters have truly enjoyed their time at Grapevine Middle School. The teachers and staff are most helpful and provide an abundance of support.

Bullying is a major problem at this school. There is no cohesiveness among leaders to take control of this problem. It appears they don't want to be bothered. Absolutely would not recommend this school. I agree that leadership tells you what you want to hear. Just a paycheck, no buy-in.

I have one kid that attended this school for three years and one kid that is in 7th grade right now. By now I know a lot about this school and do not have much good to say about it. While there are some good teachers most of the ones that my kids had are lousy. They either don't know the subject they are teaching or don't know how to transfer it to students. Athletic program is a joke (save for maybe one coach who is really trying hard). Overall, keep away from this school if you can.

I do not agree with the below statements. Our son is a special needs child and Mrs Blackstock and Mr Warner are wonderful to him. We could not be happier with this school. Maybe if you were a little more involved with you child you would know that thier grades are failing. Try calling and checking yourself how your child is doing.

I feel that GMS is overall a good school. We no longer have to wear collared shirts and have to tuck them in( thank goodness). The cafeteria does have okay foods but they rerely have any foods that vegetarians would like. I think if they would changes that then i would be more satisfied.

Last modified Grapevine Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.