Posted March 06, 2014
My daughter transferred into Silver Lake when we moved to the area from Arlington last year, and I could not be happier! The principal, Dr. Gonzales, greets the kids in the car line every morning, rain or shine. Not only does he tell them good morning, but he greets them BY NAME. The teachers and staff are all friendly and supportive. There are SO many activities for the kids to participate in and constant encouragement for the kids to be good citizens - not only in school, but in the community as well. You can tell everyone at Silver Lake really has a passion for making sure that our kids receive the best education possible. I'm so glad that our family gets to be a part of the Silver Lake family!

Posted February 05, 2014
The Assistant Principal and dyslexic advisor for the district took the time to thoroughly test and come up with a modified plan for my son. They went over and beyond what Dove Elementary was willing to do which spoke volumes to me. The teachers are very in-tune with their students (in fact his teacher was the one to approach Mrs. Clayton with his learning disabilities). I'm truly grateful that the teachers and staff here are more concerned with the students learning than statics & state scores. The parent involvement is superb as well as getting information to the parents of any issues or events. Silver Lake truly is THE PLACE TO BE!

Silver Lake Elementary School 3

Posted October 30, 2013
Is it just me or do the receptionist at the front desk seem rude? Everytime I call or go up there they act like they are being bothered or speak very rudely. I have also had experiences with the principal who had the same attitude. What ever happened to common decency or treating people with kindness. This is my child's last year here and he has expressed on several occasions that some of the teachers speak to the kids very rudely or sarcastic . Teachers are supposed to be an example to our children in the way they speak and act. I'm so tired of hearing about teachers mentally bullying children . I have an older child who is in middle school as well and I hear about the same thing. Something needs to change.

Silver Lake Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2013
We transferred in 3rd grade, and we loved it. 4th grade came along, and my child's spirit was broken by one of the 4th grade teachers. Mrs. Dunn responded, and we got moved to a new group of teachers. Fifth grade was amazing, and my resilient child bounced back. Our family loved Silver Lake, and we love GCISD. On a personal note, I refuse to let one rotten apple spoil the bunch. On a larger scale, however, I would hate to see how that one teacher could effect a child who is not as resilient as mine.

Posted July 22, 2013
We have been at Silver Lake for 6 years and have loved every minute!! Two of my daughters' teachers have been district Teachers of the Year in the last few years. We've never had a single negative experience. Such a warm, nurturing environment. And the academic and extra curricular activities are top notch! The Dual Language program is fantastic and was worth camping out for! Couldn't ask for a better school!

Posted January 30, 2013
School and teachers are great!!! Only wish the new principal Mr.Gonzalez would interact with students and parents some more. We barely see him and I do understand that there is a lot of administrative work that needs to be done, but the previous principle managed to do it all and she knew personally all students and parents and that was a great experience.

Posted February 24, 2012
Excellent school with great caring teachers and staff including the school nurse; Nurse Gorie takes great care of my girl with special needs. I could not ask for a supportive environment to my child to learn and grow; its been the best five years.

Posted June 06, 2011
We moved here from out of state and did not know what to expect. Boy did we pick the right school. Mrs. Dunn and Mrs. Clayton made sure that my children felt welcome from the first moment they met them. It was a very positive experience! There is a huge parent involvement and a lot of activities for the kids to participate in.

Silver Lake Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
The teachers are fantastic, and the principal and vice-principal are hands-on every day! They know all the students by name and there are so many family activities throughout the year.....family movie night, sock hops, pancake breakfasts and cookouts....it's just a great place to learn....not only from books, but about life...

Silver Lake Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
Great teachers and great kids !

Silver Lake Elementary School
1301 North Dooley Street, Grapevine, TX  76051
Last modified Silver Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.