Cross Timbers Middle School 4

Posted October 26, 2014
I am currently a student that goes to cross timbers and do not know why people think the school is bad. The teachers here are very nice with very few strict/rude teachers (every school has them) the kids here are mostly nice. Yet I am bullied by several people. The athletics program is OUTSTANDING. I love it! The coaches encourage you and push you to your uttermost limit. Also, the choir and drama program is very good, of you here rumors about Mr. O just ignore them. He no longer goes to the school. The only thing I would say they need to fix is the cleanliness of the school. We regularly see cockroaches and it's revolting.

Cross Timbers Middle School 3

Posted January 23, 2013
We are moving to the Colleyville/Grapevine area and are very interested in the Cross Timbers Middle School for our son entering 7th grade. We are visiting the area in February and we are trying set up a tour of the school. We cannot seem to get any response. Any tips would appreciated. I had to give a rating below in order for me to submit.

Cross Timbers Middle School 2

Posted August 29, 2012
My daughter has been bullied by other girls, who then get the boys to bully. The teachers and principal see it and do nothing. The athletic system humiliates kids for being less than pre Olympic athletes. My daughter says that most of the kids and parents here are fake and uppity. She can't wait to either go to a smaller country school or be home schooled.

Posted February 27, 2012
Cross Timbers is a great place to be. The teachers are warm and take a true interest in students and the administration is tremendously supportive. As far as earlier comments, the school itself has no control over the curriculum as it is a district wide adoption and while bullying may happen, if teachers are notified, it is immediately handled--bullying happens everywhere, but at Cross Timbers the teachers try hard to keep it to a minimum. If students hide bullying from the school--the school cannot help. Cross Timbers is a place I am proud to work and send my kids. --An educator

Posted February 26, 2012
Cross Timbers Middle School is a great school with wonderful students, parents, and teachers. The level of commitment is far reaching, with a high majority of the top twenty students at nearby Grapevine High School coming from Cross Timbers. The staff works 24/7 to insure the success of students, and the leadership is very caring.

Posted February 26, 2012
Extremely proud to teach at Cross Timbers! GCISD and the community have been very supportive by passing the Bond package allowing us to incorporate more technology and relate the curriculum to real world applications. Our student body is diverse, brilliant, and loving. I am excited for my own children to attend and also be involved in the extra curricular activities offered. They will be challenged and molded into wonderful young adults.

Cross Timbers Middle School 1

Posted February 25, 2012
The quality of CTMS has declined severely since the last review were written. 7 & 8 grade teachers do not grade papers. The curriculum for GT program is a joke. There is a lot of bullying and vulgar behavior that is tolerated by by some the the teachers in their classrooms. My husband and I had been very disappointed in this school district and glad our kids are going to a private school. GCISD has become a dog and pony show, with no real value system.

Cross Timbers Middle School 2

Posted January 25, 2011
This school is not one I would recomend. being a student there I fully understand the difficulties an unathletic student may have. The athletics department has just as much focus on it then the educational one, and bullying takes place frequently.

Posted November 27, 2010
This is a great school. I attended Fall 1999 to Spring 2002. Almost every boy played football in 7th grade, and not being able to play any sports in 6th grade was annoying. Definitely avoid regular classes as the students just don't care and it is extremely difficult to learn in a regular class. The Pre-AP kids are much more focused and encourage others to learn with them.

Posted June 03, 2009

Cross Timbers Middle School
2301 Pool Road, Grapevine, TX  76051
Last modified Cross Timbers Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cross Timbers Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top