Bad
Good

This is a large middle school, yet I have been pleasantly surprised with how "present" the principal is. She seems to be at every event and knows all the students and parents personally. I have also been impressed with efforts to "mix" the students through the club program. Every teacher leads a club (unusual in a public, non-charter school), and there is time reserved during school on Fridays for clubs to meet. This gives students the opportunity to develop relationships with students they wouldn't meet through their normal classes, creating more "friendly faces" for them to see in the hallways and contributing to the overall sense of community. The PTA is very active and provides helpful parent events and top-notch student activities. Many, many of the extracurriculars (including athletics, contrary to other reviews on this site) are award-winning. I would say my only disappointment has been the decline of the band program the past few years. The band earned the highest rating (1) from all six UIL judges 8 of the past 12 years, but only once in the past 4 years. This year the band earned their lowest ratings yet, scoring in the bottom 10 of 41 bands in the region and 1 of only 4 varsity bands to receive a "3" from any one judge (scores are online through UIL; Cross TImbers is in region 24). Band aside, Cross Timbers has gone beyond my expectations, especially for such a large school.

Cross Timbers is a fantastic school. All three of our sons have attended. The teachers are excellent. Mrs. Dunn, the principal, is a strong leader and has hand picked an excellent group of educators. Our sons have all been in the AP and advanced classes and have always been challenged and inspired by the curriculum. There is diversity at this school and all the kids get along. They do run a tight ship and expect the students to excel. Our sons were in band, athletics and theater and all the programs have been top notch.

The athletics is a joke. First look at the coaches I see only 2 that look like athletes or former athletes. Questions how do you coach if you have never been a athlete or a current athlete? Answer you don't! It looks like to me that these are the losers who couldn't get hired by any other school. So what this does to kids that have been excellent athletes outside of the school and then the losers try to coach them it becomes a train wreck where the kid knows more about the sport than the coach. This is a waste of our taxpayers money and the board along with the superintendent need to get rid of the losers and bring in seasoned athletic coaches that are for real and not a joke. Take note of Aledo,Trinity,Allen,Coppell,and Southlake where the program builds athletes and has awesome athletic programs.

I am currently a student that goes to cross timbers and do not know why people think the school is bad. The teachers here are very nice with very few strict/rude teachers (every school has them) the kids here are mostly nice. Yet I am bullied by several people. The athletics program is OUTSTANDING. I love it! The coaches encourage you and push you to your uttermost limit. Also, the choir and drama program is very good, of you here rumors about Mr. O just ignore them. He no longer goes to the school. The only thing I would say they need to fix is the cleanliness of the school. We regularly see cockroaches and it's revolting.

We are moving to the Colleyville/Grapevine area and are very interested in the Cross Timbers Middle School for our son entering 7th grade. We are visiting the area in February and we are trying set up a tour of the school. We cannot seem to get any response. Any tips would appreciated. I had to give a rating below in order for me to submit.

My daughter has been bullied by other girls, who then get the boys to bully. The teachers and principal see it and do nothing. The athletic system humiliates kids for being less than pre Olympic athletes. My daughter says that most of the kids and parents here are fake and uppity. She can't wait to either go to a smaller country school or be home schooled.

Cross Timbers is a great place to be. The teachers are warm and take a true interest in students and the administration is tremendously supportive. As far as earlier comments, the school itself has no control over the curriculum as it is a district wide adoption and while bullying may happen, if teachers are notified, it is immediately handled--bullying happens everywhere, but at Cross Timbers the teachers try hard to keep it to a minimum. If students hide bullying from the school--the school cannot help. Cross Timbers is a place I am proud to work and send my kids. --An educator

Cross Timbers Middle School is a great school with wonderful students, parents, and teachers. The level of commitment is far reaching, with a high majority of the top twenty students at nearby Grapevine High School coming from Cross Timbers. The staff works 24/7 to insure the success of students, and the leadership is very caring.

Extremely proud to teach at Cross Timbers! GCISD and the community have been very supportive by passing the Bond package allowing us to incorporate more technology and relate the curriculum to real world applications. Our student body is diverse, brilliant, and loving. I am excited for my own children to attend and also be involved in the extra curricular activities offered. They will be challenged and molded into wonderful young adults.

The quality of CTMS has declined severely since the last review were written. 7 & 8 grade teachers do not grade papers. The curriculum for GT program is a joke. There is a lot of bullying and vulgar behavior that is tolerated by by some the the teachers in their classrooms. My husband and I had been very disappointed in this school district and glad our kids are going to a private school. GCISD has become a dog and pony show, with no real value system.

Last modified Cross Timbers Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.