No rating

Holy Trinity Catholic School

Private | PK-8

Living in Grapevine

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $225,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Posted January 5, 2014

As a public school educator living in an excellent school district, I chose Holy Trinity for my elementary-aged children because the Catholic environment paired with the high behavioral expectations of students creates a strong environment for advanced education. The curriculum is rigorous; students who are not on-level will struggle. Advanced students will be well-challenged. I am impressed with the age-appropriate leadership opportunities afforded the children. It has helped the children grow in confidence and esteem. The only concern I have with this school is that it does seem that the wealthiest parents of the school have more clout with the run of the school than parents who struggle to make tuition. But, that probably has more to do with the region than with the school. I have been very pleased with the education my young children have received. I believe HT has helped them to develop good self-discipline and good work ethic which will serve them well in later education and life. It is my plan to send the children to public middle and high school, later, due to expense.

Posted March 12, 2013

As an educator and parent I highly recommend Holy Trinity Catholic to any family who is looking to educate their child in a nurturing environment with high standards. All students are provided a curriculum that is at or above grade level, which encourages community service, public speaking and leadership opportunities.

Posted July 16, 2012

Our family has been going to HTCS for 5 years. We love it. When we first came, everyone was so welcoming and the teachers were so nice to us. Sure, every once in a while the kids will meet a rude or mean kid here. Every school has those people. But luckily, they haven't met many. The teachers really help them when they don't understand something. The academic program is great. We talk to other people from other schools and they haven't learned most of the things they've learned yet. Going to a catholic, I believe will help them later in life. This school has always taught them how to keep their faith strong. But yes, it is true the principal left in October. But that doesn't mean our school is bad. The principal did leave unexpectedly. So it's not our fault really. I think we've done good with the adjustment. And I saw some of the comments, and yes we are a blue ribbon school. Just because we aren't awarded as a blue ribbon school, does not mean it's not blue ribbon anymore. HTCS was awarded the award in 2003. Overall, the school is a very good school for any child.

Posted May 26, 2012

From a first year parent-after several years at Montesorri & Spanish immersion schools: - academic rigor? Our 1st grader is doing the same academics as a neighbor's 2nd grader at a local exemplary public school. Other friends complain about their kids being bored at another local exemplary public elementary school. HTCS seems committed to rigorous academics. - class size vs public schools? With more disciplined classrooms our daughter gets a lot of individual attention, personal touches, and has developed close relationships with her teachers. - Catholic identity? When our daughter comes home singing church songs, wants to pray the rosary and asks questions such as "why does the Holy Spirit have flames" we can see her faith becoming an integral part of her life. - extra-curricular activities? There are more than enough and we often have to choose from several a week. We had heard about the community bonding with other families/kids who have similar values and have now experienced it first hand. -cost? We might not be able to save as much for college, but we think the strong educational and spiritual foundation she is receiving will pay more dividends. Happy with HCTS? Extremely

Posted May 24, 2012

The true shining stars of this school are its teachers and students. We have been pleased with the overall quality of HTCS, despite the recent changes. Every school in the area, private or public, has gone through such changes. So far, HTCS has not disappointed in how it handled those changes, and has remained focused, amid all the "noise," on providing a compassionate, balanced, and academically challenging Catholic education. The majority of the teachers treat students with dignity and love, and encourage them to do their very best. The curriculum is accelerated, especially in the new math, science, phonics and social studies. The art and music programs are top notch, kids having opportunities to perform in a band or choir at elementary level. The kind and creative art teacher reminds our kids to pay attention to the beauty of fine arts every week. The lower grade Spanish curriculum could use an update - more hands-on activities involving the Spanish speaking world, not just our southern neighbor. And the P.E. program could be more athletic and competitive. But overall, a strong Catholic school and a superior academic option to the local public schools.

Posted May 1, 2012

Holy Trinity is the only Catholic School that makes me feel welcome every time I have a question. They always seem to find the time to talk to me and to find the answers for me. I think they are an excellent school.

Posted April 30, 2012

Most of the postings are outdated since a lot has happened in the last two years. Principal left in October 2011 amidst a mystery cloud and interim principal is well-intentioned but has no gravitas. The school is really suffering from lack of leadership. It seems to cater more and more to the conservative catholic section. Aside from the religious education, there is no added-value to the school compared to surrounding isd's.

Posted July 28, 2011

I've been a teacher for 24 years now and Holy Trinity Catholic School is the most enthusiastic and challenging school I've ever encountered. The administration opens up new possibilities and opportunities both for the faculty/staff, and the students and their families. High academic standards and expectations are incorporated with a sincere Catholic identity. There is an overall sense of graciousness and caring throughout the school making teachers and students glad to be there every day.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 13, 2010

I'm wondering why they claim to be a National Blue Ribbon School because when you check the List of 2010 Blue Ribbon Schools, they are not listed.

Posted October 5, 2010

This school is just like a public school that is rated "recognized" or "exemplary". They don't really differ academically. Whenever I read the newsletters I don't consistently find stories about outstanding students. It only happens once in a long while. So I'm thinking of finding a better school for my child.

Posted September 8, 2010

HTCS is a great school. Our daughter is now in the 8th grade and has been with the school since she was in the 2nd grade. HTCS does not sit on its laurels and constantly seeks ways to improve on the learning environment. The recent changes are exciting, and I only wish that my daughter were there to experience it in the years ahead. The children that continue with this school are very fortunate.

Posted August 9, 2010

I am a former teacher at Holy Trinity and a former public school teacher. Besides the obvious benefits of a Catholic education, this school excels in academics. Because there is no TAKS test, teachers can teach the subject not the test. The curriculum is more stringent than public school but there is extra help available for any student who needs help. The students are required to do homework and unlike public school 99% do their work and therefore the learning that takes place is amazing. Parent support and volunteering is more than amazing.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 11, 2010

I really dislike this school. many people say they are blessed to go here, this is not true. Yes i am blessed enough to afford their rising tuition, but not blessed in the academics and teachers. I used to go to public school and prefer to be going there instead of a 6000 dollar school, not including anything. Just tuition. This school has sure gone down hill.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 10, 2008

Holy Trinity Catholoic School has great teachers and staff. Their dedication shows in all of our children and we are blessed to attend this school.

Posted August 12, 2008

As a current student of HTCS, I am very grateful that I attend there. I have attended for seven years and have learned so much and made so many friends. The extracurricular activities have so much to offer and are so much fun. The school is very disciplined and expects your best effort always. The only negative comment I have is that the principal has lacked some leadership in the last few years. Despite that it is a great school and I will always remember it. I recommend HTCS over all other schools.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 30, 2008

Holy Trinity is vastly superior to the public schools in the area, one of our children started in the public school system and we decided to give him the opportunity to attend private school. After looking at several schools in Dallas and Fort Worth we settled on HTCS. We have not been disappointed; the school offers an excellent balance between academic excellence and values and discipline. This may be a school that's a bit too demanding for both children and parents who are less inclined to high academic standards and stricter discipline than public schools. The principal is someone who truly cares about the children and is there due to vocation and not just as a means to hold a paying job, the teachers are equally committed and are clearly there due to vocation more than for the money - we never saw that in public school. Great School!

Posted March 1, 2008

Starting next year I will have all four of my children at Holy Trinity. The school has been a wonderful environment for my children. They are not only receiving a great education but are learning the values that I believe are important in life. I have to admit that I have been leary this year considering I have a high functioning autistic child. But they have bent over backwards for him and we haven't had any problems w/his issues. My oldest child transferred in from another catholic school years ago and was behind but caught up w/a little extra work. The number of parent volunteers are amazing. The teachers are strict but encouraging. My children and I are proud to be part of such a christian environment.

Posted May 30, 2007

As a former student, I honestly couldn't recommend this school to anyone. The teachers are awful. The principal shows no leadership whatsoever. There were no electives, except 'manners' class in 8th grade and let me say that the kids were some of the rudest I've ever known. There was zero respect and teachers tried to hard to be 'cool' than lay down the law. I want to close this with, I'm glad I'm in high school because I'm not missing Holy Trinity at all!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 29, 2007

This is our second year in HTCS, our daughter came to this school in fifth grade and she is shining. The amount of work and grade of difficulty meet our expectations. She works pretty hard, but has never complained. We know that at HTCS our daughter is not only getting an excellent academic level, but she is also learning study skills and discipline that will prepare her for the rest of her life. We think the whole student formation is very important, that is why we prefer a Catholic education over a public schools. Parent involvement is important.

Posted May 16, 2007

This is an outstanding school. We are recent out of state transfers and indeed this school will challenge you and your child. The ciriculum is comprehensive particularly in language arts, science and language. The Spanish program is world class. Work is intense. It is a rigiorous school, not for the faint of heart for either child or parent. You must be a deeply involved parent or child will find it very difficult. Particularly in the lower grade levels. Expectations are very high and grading tough. However the school works very hard to accomodate all children at all learning levels. We have a child with ADD and the school has been very accomodating in working with and supporting our child's needs. As a result our child is thriving and doing execeptionally well in school. We highly recommend this school.

Asian or Pacific Islander 8% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • AACS
Fax number
  • (817) 421-4468

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Ft. Worth