Bad
Good

My son has excelled at this school and he loves it. He has been at phoenix since prek 3 now in 2nd grade. The teachers really care about our children and wanna help them succeed. We love this school and hope for many more years there.

Excellent staff, motivated to teach, interested in welfare and education of children. Good atmosphere and moral leadership.

I had originally picked CMISD for my new home, but after sending my son to CMISD high school, and the schools inability to treat all students equally, as well as the High School principals dual standard for athletes vs other students, I moved my son to Phoenix. I was totally delighted by Phoenix's attention to students and the efforts to try and treat all students equally, as well as the sincere concern and interests by school teachers and staff for the students. My son attended his Junior & senior years at Phoenix and graduated from Phoenix High School. My grandchildren also attended phoenix last year until their father was re-stationed in California. I recently inherited a new son with my engagement and he will be starting 1st grade with Phoenix this year 2009-2010. Phoenix's lower TAS scores were a result of a high transfer-in of GISD students.

Super year!!! The excitement carries home! We are so thilled with their grades, friendships and connection with teachers. Superbly orcastrated semester of fun! Thanks for the TAKS STRATEGY Saturday Camps!

This school has a very family-educational-like environment. The students are not pressured like they are in other schools. There is less drama than what GISD has. I find it easier to learn because there is less student than other schools. Everyone gets along, it is just a great school to be in.

I am concerned about the over all lack of organization. The staff seems to be making process and procedures up as they go. The below average professionalism of the staff and some of the teachers is apparent after the first few days of being at the school. I would recommend making several trips to the school during the day to get a true sense of how the school is run to be sure this is an environment that you and your child will be comfortable in.

My children have attended Phoenix for many years. As a staff member, I have seen the school grow tremendously while maintaining a close family-like environment. My children are thriving academically and artistically.

I moved my children to PCS from GISD and am very pleased about the move. I appreciate the discipline policies of Phoenix. I have also been very grateful for the individual attention that students receive. I like the small school atmosphere.

This was the first year my nephew has gone to Phoenix. He had such a great time being here, and I saw how patient and involved his teacher was. Each day I would pick him up, he would be so happy. The teachers here are very creative, and determined to help the children be successful. I am very pleased with Phoenix and glad that my nephew will be going here again next year.

Phoenix has drastically dropped in every area over the last 2years. My children have gone to Phoenix for 3years and I have finally had enough, they will go to GISD before they attend PCS again. They have changed their focus from the individual, now it is all about growth. The school report cards are failing, my children are having problems with bullies and they the assigned school work is not at the same level of other schools.

Last modified The Phoenix Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.