Haltom City, TX

Posted November 03, 2012
My son has been attending NOMS . This is his second year and he loves it!! Teachers are great always willing to help the students whom may be struggling with assignments . KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK NORTH OAKS MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!

North Oaks Middle School 0

Posted September 23, 2009
My daughter just started 6th grade, and we are very pleased with this school. You can look up your child's grades online, and even get daily updates emailed to you if you request it. The school got grant money for an after school program, which is great for kids w/working parents. My daughter loves to write, and she will be able to 'publish' a book through her English class.

North Oaks Middle School 0

Posted May 28, 2009
also i wasn't passing any of my classes and they gave me a chance to make up alot of work and always gonna thank them for that..... so .... thank you :)

North Oaks Middle School 4

Posted August 12, 2008

Posted June 15, 2008

Posted November 04, 2007
This school truly cares about each child as an individual. I also love the size of the school. It doesn't have that impersonal mega mall size.

Posted September 05, 2007
I love this school. It gives me...the feeling of what a middle school should be in our everyday world. It may suprise you by these rating but, i like it..

North Oaks Middle School 3

Posted May 01, 2007

North Oaks Middle School 3

Posted August 08, 2005
My son struggles to maintain a B average. It is lack of consequence for failure to do work and he is not challenged enough. He does just enough to get by. When we asked the principal let us know if he failed to turn in assignments, we were told that too many students do not turn in work on a daily basis to update parents. The athletics program is poorly funded. This doesn t effectively teach the skills of basketball and leads to poor self esteem due to constant failure in games.

North Oaks Middle School 2

Posted March 13, 2005
I am a substitute teacher for the Birdville ISD. I substitute at all 7 of their middle schools. North Oaks in my opinion is at the bottom of the seven middle schools. Academically it probably ranks behind North Ridge, Smithfield, and North Richland. My poor rating is based on its poor leadership. Mrs. Thompson is the poorest administrator that I have ever met. I have witnessed her screaming at kids who were doing nothing wrong. I have never witnessed a smile on a teachers face in all the times I have been there. Teachers and student are under alot of stress for no reason and this hurts the learning environment. I believe that a principal should be strict and feared by students sent to them but approachable by respectful students.

North Oaks Middle School
4800 Jordan Park Drive, Haltom City, TX  76117
Last modified North Oaks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Oaks Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top