Bad
Good

Posted October 24, 2013
I am a teacher at O.H. Stowe and I think it is a great place to be. The teachers all care so much about their students and the students are great kids. I think how outstanding Stowe is especially shows when we get students from other schools and districts, because these students always comment on how academically challenging Stowe is and how much better the teachers are than at their old schools. The whole staff is totally dedicated to the students, from the administration to the support staff to the custodial staff. They all love these kids and do everything they can to help them succeed. One more thing that makes Stowe great is that the whole staff is constantly working to improve themselves, their teaching and what they can do for their students. No school is perfect, and of course Stowe has its challenges, but Stowe had a dedicated staff, wonderful kids and a great curriculum.

O High Stowe Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2013
This school is not very good at all, from the principal, assistant principal, teachers, and staff this school is horrible. They have no clue on how to communicate with parents, they come across as rude and obnoxious and they have no problem with making rude comments to you in your face. The office staff is the worse I have seen period, and I have seen horrible schools but these 3 ladies top the cake. Staff will say that they need more parent involvement, however the way they treat the parents makes them not want to do anything, so this should not be a surprise to them. They are in no way supportive of students that excel at learning, the minute you mention any concerns to the adminstrators of the school, their responses shouldn't shock you because it is clear they do not care.

O High Stowe Elementary School 1

Posted April 12, 2011
My son is in 2nd grade at Stowe and I've been really unhappy with our experience there this year. He has had several instances of name-calling in the classroom (from other students) and the teacher turns a blind eye to it. Due to his teacher not being willing to help with that, he has been hiding the fact that he's being bullied (hit by older students), outside the classroom. The response? Since he won't name names (he's afraid), they won't even investigate it. Seriously, we were told "if it happens again and he tells you about it, call us immediately". Seriously?

Posted July 12, 2010
I have to admit, I was extremely nervous about my 5 year old starting Kindergarten and surviving the first year. I was well-pleased with her O.H. Stowe experience. The faculty was always helpful and she was able to transition from full-time child care to public school with no problems. The curriculum provided in the BISD is great. O.H. Stowe, in my opinion, has the best principal, teachers and PTA committee in the Birdville ISD area.

O High Stowe Elementary School 5

Posted May 26, 2010
This is a great school. The teachers are great. The have great after school programs. I wouldnt have my kids go any where else.

Posted September 17, 2009
This is a great school with great teachers.

Posted February 01, 2008
I love this school! My son has grown and learned so much. His self esteem has increased. His ability to learn and his excitment towards learning has built greatly. Thanks to all the Teachers and Administration! Dina

Posted November 03, 2005
Overall, I have been very impressed with the quality of the teachers. The music program is excellent. I have been disappointed in the lack of parental involvement. There are hardly any parent volunteers, and I wonder if the school administration prefers it that way. I have offered to volunteer in numerous capacities, and no one has contacted me regarding this. I have considered changing my child to another school that has more active parental involvement, but my child is very happy with this school.

O High Stowe Elementary School 5

Posted October 12, 2003
Excellent school, great teacher, super clean and safetly, friendly personal and incredible principal. All in one school; the best O.H. elementary school.

4201 Rita Lane, Haltom City, TX  76117
Last modified O High Stowe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O High Stowe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top