Haltom City, TX

Posted July 31, 2014
At first sight and impression I was put off about this school but boy was I wrong every staff member I encountered at this school was amazing and went above and beyond to help my son. From the principal Mr. Tim Drysdale to the assistant principal Ms. Martin, the Nurse EVERYONE. I dont know how well the academics and curriculum are because honestly my son was having so many other issues it was resulting in him not being on the same page as the other kids but I will say that they recognized his potential is so many areas and brought it to my attention which of course I knew but was great to see they noticed as well. Pray fully he will be able to attend again this year and I will certainly write and updated review. But with the willingness the staff here has to help and understand the needs of the students anything else is possible!!! I am very grateful especially coming from a lot worse school who cared nothing about my child or his struggles.

Posted September 01, 2013
I have 3 children who attend this school and I must say that this school is awesome and definitely what children need! Every teacher my kids have had are truly amazing. They are willing to do whatever it takes to help a child who is struggling. I know this from experience. My son went to a Ft. Worth school and struggled cause he was so far behind! Thankfully the teachers here CARED enough to get my child back on track!! And he's doing awesome! The teachers and the staff here really do care for my kids and everyone else's. I know every morning when I drop my kids off they're going to be safe and they're going learn something new everyday! I can't wait to hear how their day was when i pick them up!! Thank you AWB! P.s about the parent involvement, I know that when its time for winter programs or whatever program it may be, parents, grandparents, aunt, etc. work on their beautiful costumes!! Parents do their best to give back & be involved!(:

Posted December 05, 2011
I have two kids at this school and the teachers are great they are always willing to help you in any way they can. My kids are doing really good and they both love their teachers. I agree with parent participation if only we could have more parents get involved it would be great.

Posted November 17, 2011
This is a wonderful school to be a teacher. We have resources that other schools just dream about and some of the highest pay in the state of Texas. This is my 26th year of teaching and am enjoying it immensely. The students are very receptive to learning and fun to teach. More parent involvement would be nice, but it's hard to help out at school when you have to go to work everyday. I know that I never had the chance to help out at my kids school and neither did my wife because we had to work all day. The school offers many after school activities for both parents and students. It also offers many opportunies for advanced instructional training.

Academy At West Birdville 1

Posted June 10, 2010
my child went to this school and didnt pass any of her test we went to castleberry and made commended on every test i don like this school so if you want a great teacher, school go to castleberry isd

Posted October 07, 2008

Academy At West Birdville 0

Posted August 05, 2008
My son has attended this shool for 4 years now.. The teachers are very friendly, the staff is caring of the children under their care. The only downside is low parent participation in overall school support.. This school is situated in lower income area of Birdville and many parents are not able to take time off work to participate in school activities.. My son got perfect score in Taks reading and passing grade in math. need to work on that..

Posted March 14, 2008

Posted August 13, 2007
This is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers! I've 4 kids there all of them are A honor roll! So, I have to repeat that this school got really good teachers!

Posted March 21, 2007
My son went to school here from pre-k through most of second grade. We only left because we moved. I can not fully express how much we appreciated the teachers, administrators and staff at this school. Do not be misled by the academic unacceptable rating. This school excels in math, and reading. They received this rating due to science scores. Since this has happened, the school has stepped up their science program while still tending to the other subjects. This is a wonderful school. My son's teachers went above and beyond for him and all the other students. I saw compassion, logic, and leadership from everyone at this school. When my son walks down the hall at this school, every teacher and staff member knows him. I truly felt that my son was a part of a family there.

Academy At West Birdville
3001 Layton Street, Haltom City, TX  76117
Last modified Academy At West Birdville is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy At West Birdville Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top