Bad
Good

At first sight and impression I was put off about this school but boy was I wrong every staff member I encountered at this school was amazing and went above and beyond to help my son. From the principal Mr. Tim Drysdale to the assistant principal Ms. Martin, the Nurse EVERYONE. I dont know how well the academics and curriculum are because honestly my son was having so many other issues it was resulting in him not being on the same page as the other kids but I will say that they recognized his potential is so many areas and brought it to my attention which of course I knew but was great to see they noticed as well. Pray fully he will be able to attend again this year and I will certainly write and updated review. But with the willingness the staff here has to help and understand the needs of the students anything else is possible!!! I am very grateful especially coming from a lot worse school who cared nothing about my child or his struggles.

I have 3 children who attend this school and I must say that this school is awesome and definitely what children need! Every teacher my kids have had are truly amazing. They are willing to do whatever it takes to help a child who is struggling. I know this from experience. My son went to a Ft. Worth school and struggled cause he was so far behind! Thankfully the teachers here CARED enough to get my child back on track!! And he's doing awesome! The teachers and the staff here really do care for my kids and everyone else's. I know every morning when I drop my kids off they're going to be safe and they're going learn something new everyday! I can't wait to hear how their day was when i pick them up!! Thank you AWB! P.s about the parent involvement, I know that when its time for winter programs or whatever program it may be, parents, grandparents, aunt, etc. work on their beautiful costumes!! Parents do their best to give back & be involved!(:

I have two kids at this school and the teachers are great they are always willing to help you in any way they can. My kids are doing really good and they both love their teachers. I agree with parent participation if only we could have more parents get involved it would be great.

This is a wonderful school to be a teacher. We have resources that other schools just dream about and some of the highest pay in the state of Texas. This is my 26th year of teaching and am enjoying it immensely. The students are very receptive to learning and fun to teach. More parent involvement would be nice, but it's hard to help out at school when you have to go to work everyday. I know that I never had the chance to help out at my kids school and neither did my wife because we had to work all day. The school offers many after school activities for both parents and students. It also offers many opportunies for advanced instructional training.

my child went to this school and didnt pass any of her test we went to castleberry and made commended on every test i don like this school so if you want a great teacher, school go to castleberry isd

My son has attended this shool for 4 years now.. The teachers are very friendly, the staff is caring of the children under their care. The only downside is low parent participation in overall school support.. This school is situated in lower income area of Birdville and many parents are not able to take time off work to participate in school activities.. My son got perfect score in Taks reading and passing grade in math. need to work on that..

This is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers! I've 4 kids there all of them are A honor roll! So, I have to repeat that this school got really good teachers!

My son went to school here from pre-k through most of second grade. We only left because we moved. I can not fully express how much we appreciated the teachers, administrators and staff at this school. Do not be misled by the academic unacceptable rating. This school excels in math, and reading. They received this rating due to science scores. Since this has happened, the school has stepped up their science program while still tending to the other subjects. This is a wonderful school. My son's teachers went above and beyond for him and all the other students. I saw compassion, logic, and leadership from everyone at this school. When my son walks down the hall at this school, every teacher and staff member knows him. I truly felt that my son was a part of a family there.

Last modified Academy At West Birdville is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.