Haltom City, TX
Before care: Yes

John D Spicer Elementary School 2

Posted July 27, 2014
My son has completed his first year at Spicer. I have mixed feelings about this school. On one end they have slightly increased my sons comprehension level in reading and math, but on the end, my son was bullied this year as well. Once the school was aware of it they resolved the issue.

John D Spicer Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2014
I refuse to say anything good about this school.My little girl use to be an outgoing little girl she would see nothing but rainbows and butterflies in the world.My daughter hates school after attending here.The reasoning behind my little girl hating school is because since she started school at spicer she has been bullied almost everyday.My husband and I have gone to the school several times to try and stop it.This is what we have gotten from them we will check into it.Maybe her hair fell out because of her medical issue mind you there were chunks of hher hair pulled out no where near her medical issue. My favorite one was the little girl who is bulling your daughter bullies every student in the school. My daughter has stated several times that no one listen to me mommy I ask them to help me but they don't. My daughter has gotten into trouble for standing up for herself I do not believe in fighting I am strongly against it but the school does nothing about anything. But one of the best parts is that they know the family I married into. If you want to keep your child safe I would not send them to this school.

Posted March 25, 2014
Our children have both had an excellent experience at Spicer Elementary. They are excelling on many levels academically as well as their social skills. This school keeps the parents highly involved and hosts many activities outside of school hours for the families. Our oldest started with Spicer in Kindergarten and is now finishing the third grade. All the teachers from years past still follow up on her learning and are a positive influence on her motivation to succeed. They strive to making learning fun while balancing discipline and inspiring strong ethics. Spicer also does a fantastic job of recognizing achievements within the student base.

Posted August 29, 2013
I love this school and wished they offered education until 8th grade as oppose to 5th. The principal is a wonderful woman, she is very outgoing, friendly, and definitely has a way of making parents feel at ease when speaking with her. The teachers and staff are very professional, polite and go out of their way to ensure the children are in a safe and positive learning enviornment at all times. My daughter has 2 years left with them, and I will definitely be a little sad to see her move on to the middle school.

John D Spicer Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2011
I went to John D Spicer when I was in 4th grade. I am now 21 years old living in the Philippines, doing missionary work. I can say ,being a former student with reading difficulty, that Spicer Elementary provided me with a lot of help. I wish I could specify more but I don't remember the program I was in. I do remember however, that I was finally started to get it. I was only able to attend this school for a year and a half, due to moving a lot. Nevertheless, this school left a positive impression.

John D Spicer Elementary School 0

Posted March 02, 2010
Wow, I've had the exact same experience as the parent who has to reteach her child. I've actually hired a tutor, Mr. Dukes is very kind, but it really seems he has no clue on how rude and uncaring his female staff is. I wish there were more I could do.

John D Spicer Elementary School 0

Posted December 16, 2009
First year here and I wish we had one of the teachers that the other parents have talked about. I have to work with my child for him to understand. I found out which way is easier for him to understand and I work with him, otherwise he would be continuing with the bad grades he was getting. I asked to visit his classroom and was told I had to give 24 hours notice. After I asked them why I could not visit without notice, they asked the teacher and let me.

Posted March 11, 2009

Posted July 28, 2008

John D Spicer Elementary School 2

Posted July 12, 2008
This used to be a great school! It was a Texas Blue Ribbon school but the quality of education has declined in the last 5 years. The teachers won't help the gifted children excel but rather dumbs them down. I ended up pulling my child out and now she's excelling in her new school. She was also very behind in math and had to catch up.

John D Spicer Elementary School
4300 Estes Park Road, Haltom City, TX  76137
Last modified John D Spicer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John D Spicer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top