Eastern Hills Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 752 students

Living in Harker Heights

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $174,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Posted June 22, 2014

Horrible school. My son was bullied and the staff just literally blew it off. It has really gone down hill over the past couple of years. When my older two went there four years ago it wasn't so bad. It's a shame really!! They claim they are a no tolerance school with bullying! I beg the differ.

Posted January 2, 2014

I am a 7th grade student at EHMS who absolutely loves this school. There is FREE seating at lunch, athletics is a blast, and my teachers have had such an impact on my academic success. Some parents said that teachers aren't doing their part, but honestly, students who don't care for school grades will fail and not like anything except for social interaction at school. 6th grade for me was great, as well as my first semester. PreAP classes empower my strengths to be a better person and overachieve (in a GOOD way). My 3D Art class with Mrs. Whitehead is fun. As long as you do your work before the deadline in your most neat form, you'll do great in that class. Choir with Mr. James is the BEST experience ever! I'm in the Concert girls and love the atmosphere that he puts around for us! I absolutely love singing and couldn't ask for a better experience than Eastern Hills! :-)

Posted June 30, 2012

I'm a student at Eastern Hills, and I just want to say it is fantastic! They don't make the athletic girls sit at one table, prior to what was said. My teachersare absolutely wonderful; they've all helped me improve so much in my 7th grade year. They are hardly any fights here and there are more at UG. Mrs.Blassingame, our principle is absolutely wonderful. She has really changed Eastern Hills for the better. I wasn't around when Eastern Hills had the old principal but I heard he was awful. Mrs.Blassinge is often seen chatting with students aboutschool our to teachers very kindly. I have been sent into her office to recieve an award and to dro off papers and she was all smiles the whole time. I have great test scores and all those who say the teachers are bad and your kids fail, or they hae their teachers. Maybe it's your kid! I don't mean to offend anyone but most of the time it is the students fault. But that happens at every school. The students are lazy and don't want to listen or work. So stop saying it's the techers. It's not i's your child not listening and not workind. The teachers are wonderful and I highly recomend each and everyone of them! Eastern Hill's is great!!!!!

Posted February 10, 2011

I love this frisking skool idk y people b hatin on it lol its the best skool EVER I attended here for my 6th and part of my 7th grade year but sadly I had to move to Chicago cuz of my dad:(

Posted January 31, 2011

I have been pleasantly surprised with EHMS. I was nervous about sending my daughter to middle school, but she has adjusted well and has a very positive attitude about school and learning. She enjoys her teachers. Her only criticism is that she thinks one of her teachers should be featured on What Not to Wear.

Posted January 22, 2011

my daughter goes her and ITS HORRIBLE she said they make all the athletics girl sit at one table during lunch, isn't lunch a time to socialize. ohh and dont even get me started on the teachers they barely know what there doing..

Posted November 21, 2010

There is a lack of professionalism that makes me feel like most of the staff are teachers because they are incapable of anything else, which only make the students suffer. I thought that emailing teachers would help in the speedy resolution for anything going on but half of the teachers do not respond including the vice principle. I am a parent who is active in her child's learning and the teachers make it seem as if that is a burden.

Posted March 19, 2010

this school is so awesome i dont get why people dont like it !!!

Posted January 26, 2010

Most of the rules are just ridiculous! We have A and B lunch, I personally think lunch is a social time. since were sitting in class all day and have to do our work. They could atleast let us eat with our friends. Some of the teachers are rude, for no reason, teachers should have a personality and not be rude all the time and that just makes the students not want to learn.

Posted October 30, 2009

This school is really great. I went here for 8th grade and felt welcome. My teachers cared about my education and the electives are wonderful.

Posted October 20, 2009

I think ehms is awesome and a great learning community for our kids especially with the new principal ms.blassingame

Posted September 4, 2009

I went to this school for my sixth and seventh grade years and i am now in eighth grade and at a different school. this school is horrible. The teachers and admin. are very hard to try and work with, just for simple things such as a schedule change. the teachers i've had aren't surely not the best, and there is a very low tolerance level towards students. you cannot get anything done without getting your parents involved. There is assigned seating at lunch and we have very little freedom. I felt like i was Kindergarten for an extra two years. along with the double sided teachers that are extremely rude to students, but super nice to parents. Horrible school.

Posted June 2, 2009

Mr J Baltrun is a very welcome adition to the math depaertment. my son likes math now.

Posted May 27, 2009

I am heart broken to hear that the principal of Eastern Hills is leaving to continue her education. I have several students go through EHMS while Ms Miller has been Principal. I have been fortunate to have had several productive conversations with Ms. Miller regarding my children's education. She always has a positive attitude and bends over backwards to ensure the educational success of all EHMS students. She will be very missed!

Posted November 19, 2008

I am a teacher at Eastern Hills and I can say that the difficulty this school is experiencing is only the result of trying to be better. Not everyone is comfortable with change, but if your not trying to improve you stagnate. All the teachers here love the students and work with the parents, it's out of that love that they can sometimes get frustrated.

Posted November 18, 2008

For the record, I am a teacher at EHMS, but before I am anything...I am a parent and through a parent s eye, I see that this middle school is full of teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals, and custodians that truly love kids. Within the school day we are everywhere. We have multiple duties that allow us to not only observe and monitor behavior, but to talk to kids...to listen to their day as it disappears as quickly as it began, without them realizing it's gone. The teachers I know work every single day with all their hearts to insure that the students are educated and well taken care. EHMS has amazing teachers that are professional and dedicated; however, like almost every aspect of life, there is often a pessimistic party that will always see the glass half empty. But even the disgruntled teacher at Eastern Hills Middle School still loves his/her students.

Posted November 16, 2008

This school is by far the worst I have ever seen. The administration is so worried about saving their own behinds, they make constant changes and belittle and berate the staff. The students are the ones to suffer. Beware of this school! Send your kids elsewhere.

Posted August 1, 2008

This is a great school but there needs to be alot more teamwork working together to accomplish things instead of being separated... Some teachers form their own clicks and don't work together as a team...I think they also need to let the students sit how they want to in the cafeteria... This is their social time. Punish those that are acting up, not everyone.

Posted April 1, 2008

This school has it all there for the taking. You get out of it what you put into it. I appreciate the socio-economic diversity of attendees. The students get to practice dealing with each other just like in real life. I especially like the music and choir programs and the history and I-TECH teachers are the best I've seen. I am please that my child attends this school.

Posted February 16, 2008

Eastern Hill Middle school is terrible!! They have assined seating at lunch when they say this is our social time we don't sit by our friends. We HATE it. And there are a bunch of fights. So are we safe???? No not really you might get in the middle of one. Eastern Hills Middle school over all is the worst I have ever been to out of my 14 years of exsistance.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

211 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

212 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

247 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

247 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

238 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

246 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students76%

Special education77%
Limited English proficient (LEP)40%
Non-migrant94%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

249 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

247 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

239 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

237 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

240 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

210 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

164 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

208 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

209 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

All Students67%

U.S. History

World Geography

World History

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 4%

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Special education coordinator
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs