Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son attended EHMS for 3 years and my daughter is heading into the 7th grade. We have had nothing but positive experiences with the staff and students. My son became an honor roll student, played every sport offered, and excelled in band thanks to the dedication and positive encouragement of his dedicated teachers and peers. My daughter was lucky enough to get almost all the same teachers as my son for 6th grade, and she has blossomed until their tutelage as well. She has been encouraged to excel in band and will be joining athletics as well, as wanting to be a member of student council again. HUGE SHOUTOUT to Mr. Lewis (Band), Ms. Meyer (Math), Ms. Minor-Brown (English), Mr. Rothas (Science), and Mr. McDaniels (History). These teachers are some of the most dedicated, motivational, and nurturing teachers I have ever encountered.

My son is in 6th grade. He has been bullied at this school. The counselors had been aware of the troubles that my son has had. I even went to the school and spoke with the guidance counselor, and they said that they took care of the situation. They didn't do a good enough job. My son has been assaulted, and is verbally harassed at this school. the same boys are still bullying and verbally harassing my son. The teachers (I have only met two) DO NOT follow any childs 504 plans. My son has been struggling and this school is trying to let my son slip into the cracks. Well, they don't want to mess with this mom. I thought this school was one of the TOP schools, well this school just isn't good for special needs children. The special education department, they were supposed to do some tests that I had requested at the beginning of the school year, they still haven't done any of them. So I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone. I am a very disappointed parent, and they don't care about the students best interest. They just care about getting paid. There is a high lack of communication through this school. My son used to love going to school, but lately he has been crying and doesn't want to go to school because of the bullying and the verbal harassment. The APs are a waist of space. They don't do anything like they should.

Lack of return communication. The AP (assistant principal) is lacklucker at their job. Either they are overwhelmed with number of students or they just dont spend the time dealing with the issues. Teachers for the most part seem to be good. I would document everything when you deal with this school

Horrible school. My son was bullied and the staff just literally blew it off. It has really gone down hill over the past couple of years. When my older two went there four years ago it wasn't so bad. It's a shame really!! They claim they are a no tolerance school with bullying! I beg the differ.

I am a 7th grade student at EHMS who absolutely loves this school. There is FREE seating at lunch, athletics is a blast, and my teachers have had such an impact on my academic success. Some parents said that teachers aren't doing their part, but honestly, students who don't care for school grades will fail and not like anything except for social interaction at school. 6th grade for me was great, as well as my first semester. PreAP classes empower my strengths to be a better person and overachieve (in a GOOD way). My 3D Art class with Mrs. Whitehead is fun. As long as you do your work before the deadline in your most neat form, you'll do great in that class. Choir with Mr. James is the BEST experience ever! I'm in the Concert girls and love the atmosphere that he puts around for us! I absolutely love singing and couldn't ask for a better experience than Eastern Hills! :-)

My son is in the 6th grade and looking forward to next year. Teachers have been excellent and very supportive of the students which I am very appreciative.

My child sustained bruises of an adult handprint on his wrist with clearly visable thumbprint and finger marks while at this school. Security cameras verified he was not injuring anyone, endangering anyone, or damaging anything and should not have been touched . School appologized and states they will "retrain" school personnel and put in place polices for a non-school personnel while on school grounds. Please be cautious if this school is a "choice' for you.

I'm a student at Eastern Hills, and I just want to say it is fantastic! They don't make the athletic girls sit at one table, prior to what was said. My teachersare absolutely wonderful; they've all helped me improve so much in my 7th grade year. They are hardly any fights here and there are more at UG. Mrs.Blassingame, our principle is absolutely wonderful. She has really changed Eastern Hills for the better. I wasn't around when Eastern Hills had the old principal but I heard he was awful. Mrs.Blassinge is often seen chatting with students aboutschool our to teachers very kindly. I have been sent into her office to recieve an award and to dro off papers and she was all smiles the whole time. I have great test scores and all those who say the teachers are bad and your kids fail, or they hae their teachers. Maybe it's your kid! I don't mean to offend anyone but most of the time it is the students fault. But that happens at every school. The students are lazy and don't want to listen or work. So stop saying it's the techers. It's not i's your child not listening and not workind. The teachers are wonderful and I highly recomend each and everyone of them! Eastern Hill's is great!!!!!

I love this frisking skool idk y people b hatin on it lol its the best skool EVER I attended here for my 6th and part of my 7th grade year but sadly I had to move to Chicago cuz of my dad:(

I have been pleasantly surprised with EHMS. I was nervous about sending my daughter to middle school, but she has adjusted well and has a very positive attitude about school and learning. She enjoys her teachers. Her only criticism is that she thinks one of her teachers should be featured on What Not to Wear.

Last modified Eastern Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.