Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We were at Mt. View for 3 years. During that time, I was personally able to see how hard the administration works and cares about the success of the children. They have many committees in place to talk about and address issues and concerns. The end goal being to implement positive changes for the campus and children. No school is perfect but when the administration is approached in the right way they will try to work with you to find a positive outcome. The teachers and staff are fun, friendly and great educators. Some of my children’s favorite teachers are teaching at Mt. View. They have opened up doors and windows for my kids and made learning fun. The PTA works really hard to provide TONS of opportunities for the students and families. They are always looking for parent involvement! We were very happy at Mt. View and sad that we had to move. I know this school will continue to do great things!!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

ALL schools have good and bad teachers. the best thing about MVES is that the staff seems to be well led by the administrative members. I think the principal keeps them on their toes. He's a good one!

Amount of homework: Agree

It's not too much or too little...I do like the diversity of assignments his teachers send home. When I was in school all I did was write. My son did a video project. That made him excited and he worked a lot on the project.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have to say that fairness is apparent. I firmly believe the staff treats students to respect diversity and work toward a goal of learning.

We've been with Mountain View for 4 years now. The school has caring teachers and professional leadership. Most importantly, I felt my two boys learned at Mountain View. Some schools seem to be there and go through the motions but MV seems to be a live...you can sense it when you walk into the school. At no time is there any drama or a sense that everyone isn't here for the kids. When my older son left the school last year he was genuinely sick over leaving. I really have been pleased with the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Most of the teachers are very nice and work to try and help your students, however, their hands are tied by management. They aren't your child's advocate and don't step up when you're child is being mistreated. Brush things under the rug and do their best to help the child's feelings out in the process.

Amount of homework: Agree

This school assigns a reasonable amount of homework that it, generally, on pace with what the students are learning.

We have been at Mountain View for 2 years. No school is perfect and Kisd has issues in general but I wouldn't want my kids going to any other school in the area. The teachers are amazing and truly care about children. My kindergartener is reading well beyond her level and we are very happy overall with the school.

After reading the latest reviews I feel that I must respond to April 29. I do not know how in the world that parent can claim that the principal is incompetent. Dr. Podhaski has been nothing short of AMAZING as he kept the school running smoothly through a long and trying year of major renovation construction at Mountain View. Through it all he has remained the calm, caring, nurturing education professional that he has been since coming to MV two years ago. Had the 4/29 comment been made before that I would not be coming to anyone's defense. But the fact is that there is NO principal better than Dr. P.! To incoming parents: Of course everyone has an opinion, but you can rely on those posted by the vast majority that Mountain View remains an excellent school.

This is a great elementary school. The principal is fantastic and the staff is so friendly. The teachers are so creative and you can really see the love for the children at the school. I am so glad we are zoned for this campus!

Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.