Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 25, 2016
ALL schools have good and bad teachers. the best thing about MVES is that the staff seems to be well led by the administrative members. I think the principal keeps them on their toes. He's a good one!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 25, 2016
It's not too much or too little...I do like the diversity of assignments his teachers send home. When I was in school all I did was write. My son did a video project. That made him excited and he worked a lot on the project.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 25, 2016
I dunno...they keep pushing my son to do better. I know he wants to do well so is that the school or me?

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 25, 2016
Absolutely! My son is learning respect at MVES and the staff clearly treat students with respect. I see it. I am very happy with the school's leadership. Like any school, there are a few teachers that could use a change of career but the overwhelming majority of staff are great. They also tend to hire local parents to man some of the lunch room needs and office jobs. All of them thus far have been very professional and show us respect when we enter the school.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 25, 2016
I know that my youngest son has clearly learned to care for his fellow students and I see this in him. It may be hard to teach these traits but he's learning it at MVES.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 25, 2016
I have to say that fairness is apparent. I firmly believe the staff treats students to respect diversity and work toward a goal of learning.

Mountain View Elementary School 5

Posted May 25, 2016
We've been with Mountain View for 4 years now. The school has caring teachers and professional leadership. Most importantly, I felt my two boys learned at Mountain View. Some schools seem to be there and go through the motions but MV seems to be a live...you can sense it when you walk into the school. At no time is there any drama or a sense that everyone isn't here for the kids. When my older son left the school last year he was genuinely sick over leaving. I really have been pleased with the school.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 28, 2016
Mrs. Blackman is a wonderful teacher and I am grateful my child has had a chance to work with her.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted March 28, 2016
Most of the teachers are very nice and work to try and help your students, however, their hands are tied by management. They aren't your child's advocate and don't step up when you're child is being mistreated. Brush things under the rug and do their best to help the child's feelings out in the process.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 28, 2016
This school assigns a reasonable amount of homework that it, generally, on pace with what the students are learning.

500 Mountain Lion Road, Harker Heights, TX  76548
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 85 reviews. (254) 336-1900
Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.