Harleton, TX

Posted July 22, 2014
I've never seen a school that cares as much as this one. My daughter always had trouble in school. When we moved here, they recognized it right away and got her extra help. Now she goes to tutoring in a program called Starlab and she passed all her tests at the end of the year for the first time. The kids get a lot of attention at this school.

Harleton Elementary School 1

Posted December 14, 2010
by Betty 12/14/2010 My grandson got behind on his lunch money at HARLETON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL by $5.25. They are supposed to send home letters to alert parents that they are behind....however we never got such a letter .... my grandson was fed 2 slices of cheese and a few crackers for his WELL BALANCED meal in the lunchroom. How can this be ok?????ALL imates get 3 hot meals a day and paid by our taxes.....What is wrong with our school authorities when they think this is ok........What happens to leftover food???? Do the lunchroom workers take it home with them????? Do they give it away to feed someones hogs???? I bet if it was one of their kids (school authorities or lunchroom workers) he WOULD NOT have been fed the crumbs my grandson was fed!!!!!!How can they((any of them) sleep at night knowing how they treated an innocent child?????My grandson is owed an apoligy!!!!This is absolutely barbarian treatment of the very children they are PAID by our tax dollars to take care of and educate.......SOME LESSON!!!!!!Betty Jenkins

Harleton Elementary School 3

Posted June 22, 2010
This school is not good at contacting parents when there is a problem or event. I think they assume that everyone in this small town knows each other and word will get out that way. Two different teachers tried three times to tell me I should get my child tested for a problem that would rate her as special ed, and when that didn't pan out each time they tested her for GT. Turns out she is just a normal child with definite opinions. Furthermore, the school is in terrible need of new facilities and a technological update. I believe these things may be more necessary than a new softball field, which is the project they have chosen to spend money on this summer. We are moving away from this school, and I couldn't be happier.

Posted March 12, 2009

Posted November 27, 2007
Great small town School with tons of values,

Harleton Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2005
- a staff

Posted April 01, 2005

Harleton Elementary School
P O Box 400, Harleton, TX  75651
Last modified Harleton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harleton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top