PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Truly Christ centered education. Legacy Classical Christian Academy exists to glorify God by assisting Christian parents in their God-given mandate of training their children to be Christ-like leaders in their homes, churches, communities and the world. Legacy Classical will spiritually strengthen families while providing the opportunity for students to acquire a high degree of academic excellence.
May 04, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

They can not even send a properly thought out and organized email with correct spelling and grammar. Do not dare bring up a legitimate concern because administration will just talk in circles and blow you off instead of considering anything seriously. Like I said, I think there is a reason they have already changed their name once.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

PLEASE visit this school during lunch or recess. The children are so unruly and out of control it's terrifying. Probably because the only supervision during this time is a couple of teenagers. I have actually seen a 4th grade male student dart out in front of a teenage driver during recess. (Because children play in the parking lot and because having teenagers driving around while they play makes sense.)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most of the teachers here are not certified or qualified in any way to teach children. They are all excellent people but have no qualification to be a teacher and I don't want to pay an unqualified person to educate my children.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

I love the University Model, there should be a delicate balance between home and school but this place does not have that mastered. Many parents on their Facebook page will tell you they spend 12 hours or more a day on homework with their children. I want my child to be a child!

Please think twice. I enrolled my daughter here after an informational meeting that made this place really seem like they had it all together. Shortly after I enrolled her I learned otherwise. Every email coming from administration has spelling and grammar errors. At a school with such extremely rigorous academic standards for such young children I fully expect the adults to be able to compose a properly spelled email at any time of day. I went to visit for lunch multiple times at the beginning of the school year and saw students unsupervised in classrooms on many occasions. Lunch was only 14 minutes long and monitored by a couple of teenagers. "Recess" was also about 14 minutes long and in a parking lot just feet from the busy highway. Not a fence or barricade between the children and speeding vehicles. We were told monthly this was going to be "resolved next month," now mid-march it is just starting to be taken seriously. On the first school field trip I found out upon arrival that I was "in charge" of the first grade class that day because the teacher was not able to be present. I never got a background check from this school and could have been a sex offender! A month into the school year, school director (Ms. Henson) emails myself (new parent) and asks me to head the 'read-a-thon' day. Then telling me that she was leaving myself and another new parent (NEITHER WITH BACKGROUND CHECKS) in charge of the ENTIRE SCHOOL for the day with no teachers present as they are all doing training. Most of the teachers here are not certified or qualified at all. In October we got an urgent email that she needed all vaccination records for health department... I was on vacation and never turned these in. I can only assume they forged a waiver on my behalf. They never had a birth certificate or anything for my daughter. With all of the teenage unqualified staff and the dozens of safety concerns I really find this a dangerous place for children. I fully believe there is a good reason why they have already changed their name once.

The entire staff cares not only about my child's education but about him as a person. He is shown love, respect, and an excitement to learn. My child has grown in every area at Legacy Classical Christian Academy. You feel like your apart of a family here, not just a number.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Legacy focuses on character development through the honorable character program. Awards are given for honorable character, NOT academic achievement (that's expected.)

Amazing teachers that really care about the kids. Christ-centered environment that focuses on academic excellence.

Teacher effectiveness:
SCHOOL LEADER
They provide a week of new teacher training, a week of returning and new teacher training, and a week of parent-tutor training. In addition, monthly opportunities occur for professional development and for strategic planning.
Posted May 04, 2016

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
Legacy has adopted and used the Honorable Character Classroom Management System. Please visit www.honorablecharacter.com for specifics.
Posted May 04, 2016

Last modified Legacy Classical Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12