School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Continuing a Tradition of Service, Excellence and Honor as We Grow and Improve Heath, TX - Dr. Letha Hopkins flunked retirement. After thirty-five years in the public school arena, she should have been ready to kick back, plant a garden, volunteer at church, and play with grandchildren. Not so. She got busy working as a consultant and stepped in as interim school superintendent. Then she heard about an opening for Head of School at The Fulton School which really sparked her interest. The Fulton philosophy is Do what s best for the child . That intrigued me, she said. Away from the pressures of mandated testing, I realized we could do what s best for EACH child. Then she heard the term concierge education which brought it all together for her. If a child needs extra help in math, they get it at The Fulton School, she said. But if that same child is in 5th grade, reading on a 10th grade level, we have the freedom to challenge and encourage him. The Fulton School begins with excellence in academics. But there s also a full offering of art and athletics. Students have the opportunity to play multiple sports, explore music, computer art or any number of extracurricular activities. We also emphasize service to others, with each Fulton student completing 48 hours of community service before they graduate. All of this is in line with The Fulton School mission of educating the whole child mentally, morally, socially and physically. The Fulton School was established to provide: Teachers who INSPIRE self-discovery A teaching approach that MOTIVATES students to pursue excellence Values that INSTILL civic leadership in every student In classrooms with an average fourteen-to-one student/teacher ratio, Fulton School curriculum is focused on creating critical thinkers and lifelong learners. Children are taught not just to memorize and regurgitate facts to pass a test, but to apply those facts in practical, relevant ways. Fulton teachers seek to stimulate a joy and excitement for learning; to equip students to excel in college and far beyond into life. They have a leader at their helm who is excited about expanding that vision, who is spending her summer overseeing expansions in technology, sports, AP English and more. Come meet Dr. Letha Hopkins and learn more about The Fulton School at Preview Day on July 26th from 10:00 until noon for PreK 3 through 12th grade. Learn more about The Fulton School at TheFultonSchool.org, or call 972-772-4445.
July 23, 2014

Posted September 05, 2011
Our child has flourished in the Fulton environment, spanning the lower and middle schools. Each teacher in the middle school and high school has a Master's degree, Doctorate, or is working on one. The curriculum is very advanced. They begin lab-work in science in the lower grades, and really get into the science lab in 5th grade. My child will have taken Algebra I and Geometry as well as Spanish I, by the time they enter high school. This is the norm rather than the exception in this class. I believe 5 of the 13 or so in the class are eligible for the Duke TIPs program. Writing skills wise, they are far ahead of local schools. While my child's peers around our neighborhood are writing creative stories, our child is writing research papers, properly noting the research in APA format. The extracurricular advantage is huge too. Fulton has really grown in the past 3 years in this regard. Each child is encouraged to participate in as many extra-curricular's as they choose. The biggest advantage though, is the commitment to teaching kids values. The motto is Service, Honor, and Excellence, and Fulton students are taught to and expected to live this code.

The Fulton School 4

Posted June 06, 2011
We have seen a difference between the Elementary and Middle schools here. The Elementary school (grades 1-4) is exceptional. The teachers are wonderful and classroom size is great. The academic improvement of elementary school students is remarkable. The teachers in the Elementary school at Fulton definitely get 5 stars. The Middle school (grades 5-7) is good, but academically it's not clearly better than surrounding public schools.

Posted May 11, 2010
After moving to Texas two years ago, I struggled to find a preschool that focused on education and would instill in my son a lifelong love of learning. We found all that and more at The Fulton School. My four year old is thriving and often asks if we can go to school on non-school days. Unlike nearly every preschool in Rockwall, all the teachers have degrees. Plus, they are very passionate about their work! Class sizes are very small, and the curriculum is rigorous. Best of all, it doesn't have to end at preschool, as Fulton offers classes through 12th grade with 100% pass rate of AP courses. If anyone is interested in The Fulton School, you can attend Fulton Preview Day on Sat. May 15, 2010 at 10:00, or call the school for a private tour.

The Fulton School 0

Posted November 14, 2009
Best decision we ever made for our son. He is actually learning - not just testing!! Teachers and staff are the best and every aspect is based on what is best for the child. Would highly recommend Fulton to anyone looking to prepare their children for an educational experience that will prepare them for higher learning and life.

Posted July 28, 2009
The school is not just the kids it is also the students and the parents. Public schools teach the test, Private schools teach to educate. The Fulton school prepares the students to not only learn but to think as well. My children are testing above average on the standardized tests. The staff does care about not only the students but the parents. The staff is well prepared to teach and to work with the students in preparing them for life. My children are ahead of kids in publics not by a grade but by several grades. They learn to read, write and do math, science, computers and to listen. If you are looking for a private school you can do no better than Fulton.

The Fulton School 4

Posted December 28, 2008
My children have attended Fulton for over three years in grades 2-9 between them. We have found the teacher's willing to listen, and work with us as needed. We are not just a 'number' but they know our whole family and we are greeted by name. I think the individual attention and small class size are worth every penny! My children test above average on national tests and are being prepared for college. I would encourage you to stop by for a tour and see why we love this school!!

The Fulton School 0

Posted November 07, 2008
My son thrived at Fulton.. he graduated with a full 4 yr scholarship to UTD and is in his second year in college. The entire faculty and parent involvement was the best you can find. I highly recomend The Fulton School

The Fulton School