Heath, TX

Dorothy Smith Pullen Elementary School 2

Posted May 16, 2014
Horrible is the main word to describe this school. The teachers are horrible. One teacher told my daughter's best friend "my opinion of you is very low.", I thought one of my teachers were bad! Not impressed! The coordination between school and parents is not good and it is not just my daughter either because she is a neat freak. Some of the teachers do just not like their job either. My daughter will come home and tell me what the teachers say like " I cannot wait until Summer." or " I can't wait until you all are in the next grade." or "You all are just horrible." I will not miss this school when she eventually goes to the middle school in a couple of years.

Posted November 22, 2012
I have been lucky enough to teach here for 6 years. I am constantly amazed at the love and support of leadership and staff. We have amazing PTA and parent involvement. I love how we all come together to work for the good of the students, academic or otherwise. My children attended here and i couldnt be more pleased.

Posted October 24, 2011
My son has attended Pullen Elementary school for five years and has had a wonderful experience. The teachers and administration could not be nicer or more proffessional in their approach to education. This school has a lot of parent involvement which is also a plus. I can't imagine a private school that could fulfill my son's educational needs better.

Dorothy Smith Pullen Elementary School

Posted August 01, 2009
Fantastic school. Teachers really do care. They e-mail us when our child is going to have a test or major project, and our e-mails were almost always responded to the same day, EVEN on the weekends! Don't want my kids anywhere else.

Posted March 14, 2009
I was a student there in k-4. although i hated it when i went there, i now miss it. i liked the principal, the teachers, the students, even the food was good (thats an accomplishment that many school dont have). i would go back there in a heartbeat! i loved this school.

Posted February 18, 2006
my child has had a great experience as a 1st grader at Pullen. The teachers are very friendly, principal is helpful and eager to hear suggestions....fellow parents are also friendly

Posted January 10, 2006
The ONLY Complaint I have is that all the teachers seem to call me about things that are not important enough to warrant a phone call - like a tiny ant bite or if the child is running in the halls - why cant they take care of it like they used to back in the day. I have time for my child but no time for phone calls that are not about him being sick hurt or hurting others. I would have no problem if they were about those things.

Posted August 14, 2005
All I can say is that this is a fantastic school. Both of my children (1st and 4th grade) did great, they love their teachers and like school.

Posted November 01, 2004
My children recently transferred to Pullen due to change of address. I am impressed with parent involvement, courteous and 'together' office staff. There are teachers who use own time to volunteer with clubs: Spanish Club, JumpRope Club, Drama etc. At times one of my children's teacher has been harsh. Ex: telling a student to stop crying during the first few weeks of school because 'they are not in second grade anymore', closing a book on my childs fingers because they did not stop reading when supposed to. I addressed this with the principal and feel good about the way it was handled. Some parents at Pullen have referred to our former school (Amy Parks) as a 'stuck up' school. I was very suprised to hear that considering many of the students and their families, including myself, are low income. We purposely live in Rockwall for the excellent schools.

Posted October 08, 2004
We are pleased with our new principal. We feel as parents that under his authority our teachers will be motivated to higher standards. So far he has proved ready and willing to support our needs as parents of three children at this school. If our opinion changes we will update the feedback to inform others. Currently, we are pleased with our teachers. And we keep a watchful eye on all that goes on at our children's school.

Dorothy Smith Pullen Elementary School
6492 East Farm to Market Road 3097, Heath, TX  75032
Last modified Dorothy Smith Pullen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dorothy Smith Pullen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top