Bad
Good

Helotes Elementary School 2

Posted July 13, 2016
Very rough first year with our first child in K. Teacher sent home notes every day regarding each and every minor misstep our child had. I could tell the teacher cared greatly, but this was extraordinarily stressful and unnerving. Spoke with two other parents when I began to think my child may have some serious issues to address only to find that these notes were the norm. Hoping for a better year nxt yr now knowing what to expect. Very good communication with all staff. Tons of fun family activities through the booster club. The school is definitely growing, but is smaller by comparison to other NISD elementary schools.

Posted April 17, 2014
Love our school, very dedicated staff. Wonderful support staff, counselor etc.. And just love our principal.

Helotes Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2009
We transfered our son to Helotes in 3rd grade. He has always had a difficult time with reading, due to dyslexia. Helotes was the first school to work with us and put a plan in motion to address his needs. Together we tutored at home, enrolled him @ Learning RX and diligently worked with the schools staff. . He is leaving Helotes to go to middle school with a gained confidence. He scored a commended on his reading TAKS. Thanks.

Posted October 26, 2008
I am both a teacher and a parent at Helotes, and I think it's a great testament to our school that so many staff members choose to bring their children to attend here. This school has been ranked 'Exemplary' (the most difficult rating to achieve in the state of Texas) for five of the last 6 years. We are one of the best kept secrets in Northside ISD. We're small enough to get to know you and your child personally.

Posted September 18, 2008
My son attends to Helotes Elementary and loves it. He started Kindergarten this year, so of course I had my speculations. However, this wonderful school has proven otherwise. The atmosphere is great. The teachers and staff, including the principal are always friendly and helpful. There is alot of pride here, due to the fact the school is exemplary. My son comes home excited to read and in hopes to learn more. I recommend this school to anyone looking for a higher education for their child. Excellent!

Helotes Elementary School

Posted July 24, 2007
This is a great school. Despite it being overcrowded like most San Antonio area schools, it has a small town feel. The parents are involved and the teachers were great. Jeff Durand or 'Mr. Jeff 'was a great teacher, and really took time with my son in the 5th grade. He had a great year there.

Helotes Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2006
Helotes has a wonderful small town feel. My children are known by name and treated as individuals. I would like to see more extra curricular activities such as choir, art club,etc....I feel the PTA could be strengthened by having monthly bi - monthly performances at their public meetings. Students are not on stage rarely if ever. Parents are involved but new ideas are often dissmissed before ever given a chance to be tried. The P.E. department has been revitalized and the kinder performance last year at PTA was a great step forward.

Posted May 29, 2006
This is a fantastic school. We have had experiences with three different schools in the past year and this is the best. The Principal is awesome and interacts extensively with the children. There is great parent involvement. The school has a small 'country' feel. The art and music programs are the best I've seen. The children are very considerate and welcoming of new kids. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted March 28, 2005
Our children have been at this school for two years. I cannot say enough postive things about it. We came in as very apprehensive homeschoolers, and our worries were quickly alleviated. The principal is outstanding. She knows and calls all students and parents by name. The teachers and staff manage to keep a positive attitude that easily transfers to the students. They expect great things from the students, and they get what they expect. Character, responsibility, and right choices are emphasized.

Helotes Elementary School
13878 Riggs Road, Helotes, TX  78023
Last modified Helotes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.