Public charter
Hickory Creek, TX

Posted April 17, 2014
This is a amazing school!! My son started In 5th grade. I so wish we would've Made the move sooner!! By far the best school experience we've had!

Vista Academy Of Hickory Creek 4

Posted April 27, 2013
The school has a strong emphasis on parental participation in academics, fundraising and social service. The teaching and curriculum quality is mixed, just like most other schools. Homework is rigorous, but not individualized. It's a good school, but parents must be very involved. It also requires keeping up with where your child should be relative to state standards, taking the initiative to be aware of different teaching styles and encouraging/supplementing on your own. If you do, your child will have an excellent school experience here.

Posted August 08, 2012
Vista is amazing. I have a student that is high and a student that is low to average and the school has been a perfect fit for both. The environment is calm and the teachers are creative. To those parents that have issues with state testing you need to home school.

Vista Academy Of Hickory Creek 2

Posted May 22, 2012
Having been in a regular public school prior to this one, I don't see much difference. They both "teach to the test", and that disappoints me greatly. Some teachers are good, some mediocre. Again same as in regular public schools.

Vista Academy Of Hickory Creek 4

Posted May 18, 2012
I have children at this school and one that has moved on to middle school. It saddens me to read some negative reviews. I've had my issues but they all have been resolved with kindness and dignity over the past years and this year. The PTO is very involved. I agree at times it feels cliquish but it's just getting to know everyone. As far as the nudity, please. I was one of the parents that got the apology letter from a sweet teacher. It was like the 3rd rainy day for recess. My son saw a scholastic movie, by a famous author, and it had a naked baby. We know it won't happen again but to persecute the school and make it sound like rated R and nude people, is a bit extreme. One of the reviewers was let go, if that helps shed some light. My older son is now in public school and faces more issues. I didn't realize that until now, the difference in what they are exposed to is much worse.. As far as academic, environment , and anything else. Go visit the school yourself. Everyone I've met works very hard and has the students best interest. Its not perfect by any means but some parents think its about them and not their children. Remember the true focus, I know I sometimes forget.

Posted May 16, 2012
My son is at Vista, and followed his older sister there (she is now at Quest). I have heard about a few problems on the schoolyard, but they were addressed instantly and with great resolve and a single child was removed from the school by the administration for his transgressions. I find the staff loving and caring, so much so that I consider many of them family. Of special note is 2nd grade teacher Ms. Lavelle, who has helped my son immeasurably and gone WAY beyond her job specs to do so. The current principal has been engaging, and met any of my concerns head on, and to my complete satisfaction. The front staff has always been helpful, efficient, and kind in my dealings with them. the curricula is top notch, and I feel my son is at least a year ahead of his local public school peers, and my daughter 2 years, at least. If you want a day care warehouse facility, Vista is not for you. If you want a top notch education for your kids, Vista is spot on. I have no problems with a pregnant teacher who isn't married as I don't feel that it is any of my business as long as she does her job.

Vista Academy Of Hickory Creek 2

Posted May 09, 2012
Up until this school year I would have given this school a 5 star rating. However, with the new principal's lack of concern and experience, the showing of inappropriate movies- that are not curriculum related (showing complete nudity) and the push to limit parent involvement, I have been very disappointed. We were given so many promises when we started at this school about independent learning which turned out to be a bunch of lies. They have no curriculum or lessons to challenge any students that are not "average" if your child is advanced your child will be bored!

Posted April 06, 2012
Vista Hickory Creek is a great school with a dedicated staff and engaged parents. What more could you ask for?

Posted June 09, 2011
The school curriculum is top-notch; the teachers are dedicated to excellence and spend quality time with each student - the kids love their teachers; student recognition as well as challenging the student to achieve greater goals are always on the forefront; Andrea is an outstanding Principal and knows every single student by name and, most times, their individual accomplishments as well as their individual opportunities for improvement; the students know most of the parents; the parents volunteer their time and expertise often in many different ways - e.g., helping to raise money for the school, or special events (i.e., Business Days), or helping out with lunch on Fridays

Posted December 14, 2010
You could not ask for a better approach to teaching than what Responsive Ed has created in its Elementary school, Vista Academy. The teachers and staff take the time to know each child personally. They are taught as individuals, allowed to take initiative and to be in a safe environment with adults who truly care about their potential futures. They INVEST in your children, not just teach at them. They reinforce character lessons that we teach our children at home and hold them accountable. Parent involvement is encouraged and welcomed. Staff is second to none.

Vista Academy Of Hickory Creek
800 Point Vista Drive, Hickory Creek, TX  75065
Last modified Vista Academy Of Hickory Creek is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Academy Of Hickory Creek Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top