Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 03, 2015
We Recently moved from Highland Village to the San Antonio area and we struggled to find an elementary school that met the same standards as Heritage. Our daughter had an incredible experience in Kinder & 1st Grade and our little one was excited to start Kinder there before we moved. The teachers, faculty are incredibly professional. The school is beautiful and there is a true sense of "family" on the campus. The safety of the students is bar none & they are quite serious about it. The Principle, Toby Maxim is a super approachable guy. He's younger, modern & FUN. The kids think he is "so cool" and they love his leadership. My girls have started at their new school here in SA, and have made friends, but ask EVERYDAY "Mommy, when are we going back to Heritage". We made the decision to move back next summer because quite frankly, we love and miss the school and the incredible community. If given the chance to have your children attend a top rated school that then feeds into top ranked Middle & HS, then Heritage in my opinion, does not get any better. Plus, what other school has a meditation garden complete with a Koi Pond?? Yup.. Heritage :)

Heritage Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2014
I am relieved that I am not the only one who feels disappointment in the principal's lack of leadership skills. I will say, he does look out for his teachers. He provides time within the school day for them to receive professional development while parents watch over the class, and his school is in a constant state of fundraising for purchasing resources for the classroom. What is disturbing is his allowing teachers to create an old-school environment of fear to keep kids in line. My daughter's teacher screamed on a daily basis and punished kids for simple things like not tucking in a chair. Her teacher even threatened to spank the class if they forgot to bring in an assignment. Of course she was "joking", but none the less my daughter took it to heart. We heard the principal always took the side of the teacher, so we were afraid to complain, in fear it would backfire. Perhaps my daughter and the other poster had the same teacher, thus making our experience at this school one long miserable year. I'm glad to read other kids are having good experiences at this school. It's unfortunate that one or two bad teachers and an out of touch principal can ruin it for some families.

Posted February 07, 2014
This is our first year at Heritage and we've had a great experience already. I appreciate the level of performance that is expected and therefore achieved. I love the campus itself and all the windows that overlook the beautiful gardens and trees outside. It creates a very cozy, non-institutional environment. As a parent and as a parent volunteer, I always feel warmly welcomed and appreciated by the office staff, teachers and the administration. The work I've done there has already been "thanked" and acknowledged. This is our 3rd elementary school collectively between all of our children, one being a private school/ pre-school and i find the leadership at Heritage VERY approachable and available for concerns, and even friendly chatting. The Principal and assistant principal here are both very visible and very hands on with kids and parents. More so than any of the other schools our family has had experience with. We are very pleased with our experience thus far.

Heritage Elementary School 3

Posted February 06, 2014
I wish I could say I love this school. We moved into the Heritage Elementary school zone due to "good school" ratings, but sadly realized this school received all its high ratings due to the leadership of the former principal. The current principal, Toby Maxson, is the most ill-mannered person I have ever come across in a professional setting. I volunteer a minimum of three days per week. Not once has he acknowledged my presence. He passes by with a rock-star-syndrome attitude, pretending he doesn't see another human standing next to him. For a principal who is constantly asking parents to help, the least he can do is provide a simple hello or better yet, THANK YOU. In addition to his lack of manners, he has created a sterile environment where children are being taught by fear. To be fair, he has done a good job keeping his school well maintained. It is a beautiful school with spotless halls. BUT any school would be spotless if children were treated like inmates rather than children. Needless to say, with the lack of positive leadership at Heritage Elementary, our son will be going back to private school next year, where respect and character is taught by example.

Posted August 22, 2013
Heritage is a very well managed and organized school. The entire staff is very attentive to each individual student. My family is fortunate that our children have had the opportunity to experience this wonderful institution.

Posted November 04, 2011
Heritage is an excellent school; a true "jewel" in the public school system. The teachers and staff care about the students, there are a variety of programs, and we just love having a little "hawk".

Posted October 04, 2009
Heritage Elementary is an awome school. My son has gone to Heritage for five years now and we moved to the area because of the school. The parents in the area are very supportive of the school.

Posted October 07, 2008
My wife and I are really excited to be living in HIghland Village and for our children to attend Hertiage Elementary. The principal is great and all the teacher seem to really care about the children and provide excellent educational opportunities! Cub Scouts is also great for life skills, leadership and principal centered decision making!

Posted October 02, 2007
Wonderful teachers! Kids are excited everyday about school. teachers make learning fun & interesting for students

Posted September 21, 2007
We are now in our 4th academic year at Heritage Elementary. And although I feel the intent of the administration is good, I too fear (as noted in a previous review) that all of our children are being short handed. Not only is the academic curriculum geared towards the TAKs test; but, moreso, I feel the children are not receiving the individual attention they need. Fortunately, my children are able to keep up; but, I feel their individual academic needs are just as overlooked as the students who require more attention. To compound the problem, the administration is very reluctant to address issues. In fact, in all my years involved with public education, I have never encountered an elementary school with a more sterile, almost cold vibe.

100 Barnett Boulevard, Highland Village, TX  75077
Last modified Heritage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.