Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are extremely effective, loving, nurturing, considerate, helpful, kind, I could go on for days about how wonderful they are. They are understanding and provide individual attention if needed. His method is highly effective in the overall elementary school setting.

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount of homework brought home is never too much to handle and it gives the students a time to focus on individual problems.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff go above and beyond the norm for their students and families. My husband passed away and everybody at the school came together for us and helped as much as they possibly could to make our lives a little easier, out of the goodness of their hearts, not because it was expected or even asked for. The character of every single staff member is remarkable and greatly appreciated. We love this school and the teachers!

We moved to this area specifically for this school and could not have made a better decision about Highland Village Elem. The class sizes are small and manageable and the teachers and staff go above and beyond for their students and families. It's been a great school experience for our family.

I can't tell you how lucky we are to have gotten into this district and into Highland Village Elementary. The teachers and Principal are very caring and go above and beyond day, night and weekend. My son is treated as an individual and the way he learns. This school provides tools as to how the child learns - no one is put into a box. I love their progressive stance to learning which keeps up with the times of technology in this day and age.

Excellent staff and teachers, coupled with low student/teacher ratio, make for a top-notch learning environment for students.

My kids are getting a great education in a loving environment.

We moved to Highland Village so we could attend this school, it is an awesome school. We are so happy, my son loves it. The Teachers are wonderful and involved with the parents. This year they even added extra security. I am very pleased to say the least.

What a wonderful school. I don't want my children to go anywhere else. Even when we move, I'm making sure they stay in the same school. The class size is low so the children get the attention they need. The academic programs are taught on a level children of that grade can comprehend. There are many extracurricular activities the students can get involved in if they choose - we did not have this many at our last school. As a parent, I appreciate the community feel of the school and the parental support it receives. I feel my children are well cared for and safe there. Furthermore, HVE has just the right amount (not too many/few) fundraisers and afterschool events. Thank you for being such a great school for my kids!

Not real impressed. I felt like my child was in TAKS training all year. Security - there is none. I had expectations for my children and they are not being met.

Last modified Highland Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.