Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 16, 2016
Words could never express the gratitude I feel for my daughter's 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Murphy and counselor, Linda Krause. These two women have made my life unbelievably easier after my husband passing away. From picking up and taking my daughter to school & home, when I couldn't leave the hospital, to the gift cards collected and kindness and love shown to us. We love you and appreciate you both!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 16, 2016
The teachers are extremely effective, loving, nurturing, considerate, helpful, kind, I could go on for days about how wonderful they are. They are understanding and provide individual attention if needed. His method is highly effective in the overall elementary school setting.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 16, 2016
The amount of homework brought home is never too much to handle and it gives the students a time to focus on individual problems.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 16, 2016
The teacher instill a determination to keep going, no matter what obstacle may arise, which leads to persistence to follow through and finish what you start.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 16, 2016
Any time an issue is raised it is handled immediately. I have heard from others about students being bullied but my child has been taught from myself and the staff what is and is not acceptable. Proud moment when another parent told me that my child stood up for hers against bullies. Zero tolerance for unkind behavior teaches skills many kids will never learn.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 16, 2016
The way we were rallied around after my husband passed away was beyond amazing. They showed my daughter such love and compassion and have helped her deal with her grief in a way nobody else could. The teachers and staff are remarkable... couldn't have asked for better!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 16, 2016
The teachers and staff go above and beyond the norm for their students and families. My husband passed away and everybody at the school came together for us and helped as much as they possibly could to make our lives a little easier, out of the goodness of their hearts, not because it was expected or even asked for. The character of every single staff member is remarkable and greatly appreciated. We love this school and the teachers!

Posted May 16, 2016
We moved to this area specifically for this school and could not have made a better decision about Highland Village Elem. The class sizes are small and manageable and the teachers and staff go above and beyond for their students and families. It's been a great school experience for our family.

Posted October 25, 2014
I can't tell you how lucky we are to have gotten into this district and into Highland Village Elementary. The teachers and Principal are very caring and go above and beyond day, night and weekend. My son is treated as an individual and the way he learns. This school provides tools as to how the child learns - no one is put into a box. I love their progressive stance to learning which keeps up with the times of technology in this day and age.

Posted February 22, 2013
Excellent staff and teachers, coupled with low student/teacher ratio, make for a top-notch learning environment for students.

301 Brazos Place, Highland Village, TX  75077
Last modified Highland Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.