Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

They give homework that the student does not need to help learn, and give the homework on days that are inconvenient times especially the Eng III / Eng IV teacher not giving names

* i am an educatir and this us what i see through the eyes of someone who diesn't teach here. I agree with one of the comments below. If you want competitive extra curriculars for your kids, that's great, otherwise forget it. academic excellence - nonexistent. If your child is smart (so they don't have to work as hard), a teacher's /admin's kid or born there, you are safe. Otherwise, it is a miserable experience. I have talked to several parents and graduates that feel the same. There is nothing to do about it- the admin just stares at you blankly. There are teachers that can't and don't teach. Coaches that can't teach- at all. Bullying? By many kids, but nothing will be done. My kids learned early that the teachers only listen to the favored kids mentioned above. The counselors did little to help with the social wasteland or the academics (one literally huffed at me, the other yelled). Don't send your kids here.

Holliday Middle School...as long as your kids are athletic and in a clique then your fine other than that I would not recommend AT ALL. I plan on pulling mine out due to the absolute nonsense that parents have to put up with. Some of the teachers are great and some are ridiculous.I have taken one of my children from school because the faculty made it extremley hostile for my 12 year old! I called Coach Carved, NOTHING at all was done,!Its not at all about anything except passing the STAR test.my kids have passed the STAR and its still Hostile.you better hope your children learn exactly how the school system wants them too, their are not any accommodations for kids that learn differently than others, even if it is proven with documentation! And beleive me you have to have documentation for some of the faculty to beleive you, no matter what. I and ny childrenhave been through helll with this school for years now. We pay taxes and are involved smh, I honestly wish we would have NEVER moved here.

I worked for Holliday ISD for many years and am the parent and grandparent of students that have graduated or are attending this school. From both experiences, I don't think I have ever found a more caring bunch of teachers or administrators! I feel I worked with the best of the best and would highly recommend this school system to any and everyone! Holliday has a very strong academic program and athletic program! The band program is the best in the state and this shows in their accomplishments! Go Holliday Eagles!

Yes, coaches take up almost half of the classes in the highschool. But to me, that doesnt seem to affect anyone. the only people who are lacking in education are those few students who simply dont try. which, indeed every school has. Holliday high has just won the TX state UIL academic championship. The GPA in 10th graders only 3 points seperate 1st from 15th out of about 62 students. i highly disagree that you would be able to find a better well rounded school in the wichita falls area then holliday. yes athletics is a big part, but so are the UIL academics. do you have to be in either one to be a well educated/ diciplined student? no, but it doesnt hurt. i am the head of the cross country team, distance runner in track, and a band member. an overall wonderful school

Great school. My kids received a wonderful, well rounded education here. All school produce some sour apples, but the success of the hard working former students speaks loudly.

Holliday is the largest school district in Region IX to receive the TEA designation of 'Recognized'. AP classes are offered and teachers have received the 'AP' designation. Distance learning college classes are offered through Vernon College. The school is successful in providing a variety of educational experiences of kids.

As a former student of Holliday ISD, I think that Holliday is the best school in Texas. Our teachers and staff are the very best there is. The teachers teach us about life lessons that we would use in every day life. Im a middle school student (8th grader) and think that they do an excellent job teaching us. They challenge us, and keep us healthy, they respect us and encourege us.(Like they have always done.) Im also in athletics but our coaches are very involved in our grades and how are attitudes are, cause without a positive attidude there is no positive acopplisher. The whole staff cares about you and encourages you to the better. Im glad to be an Holliday student, they have a great training process and all of my friends think so to. Thank you.

Last modified Holliday High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.