Holliday High School 1

Posted November 21, 2014
* i am an educatir and this us what i see through the eyes of someone who diesn't teach here. I agree with one of the comments below. If you want competitive extra curriculars for your kids, that's great, otherwise forget it. academic excellence - nonexistent. If your child is smart (so they don't have to work as hard), a teacher's /admin's kid or born there, you are safe. Otherwise, it is a miserable experience. I have talked to several parents and graduates that feel the same. There is nothing to do about it- the admin just stares at you blankly. There are teachers that can't and don't teach. Coaches that can't teach- at all. Bullying? By many kids, but nothing will be done. My kids learned early that the teachers only listen to the favored kids mentioned above. The counselors did little to help with the social wasteland or the academics (one literally huffed at me, the other yelled). Don't send your kids here.

Holliday High School 1

Posted May 05, 2014
Holliday Middle School...as long as your kids are athletic and in a clique then your fine other than that I would not recommend AT ALL. I plan on pulling mine out due to the absolute nonsense that parents have to put up with. Some of the teachers are great and some are ridiculous.I have taken one of my children from school because the faculty made it extremley hostile for my 12 year old! I called Coach Carved, NOTHING at all was done,!Its not at all about anything except passing the STAR test.my kids have passed the STAR and its still Hostile.you better hope your children learn exactly how the school system wants them too, their are not any accommodations for kids that learn differently than others, even if it is proven with documentation! And beleive me you have to have documentation for some of the faculty to beleive you, no matter what. I and ny childrenhave been through helll with this school for years now. We pay taxes and are involved smh, I honestly wish we would have NEVER moved here.

Posted May 16, 2011
I worked for Holliday ISD for many years and am the parent and grandparent of students that have graduated or are attending this school. From both experiences, I don't think I have ever found a more caring bunch of teachers or administrators! I feel I worked with the best of the best and would highly recommend this school system to any and everyone! Holliday has a very strong academic program and athletic program! The band program is the best in the state and this shows in their accomplishments! Go Holliday Eagles!

Posted January 18, 2010
Yes, coaches take up almost half of the classes in the highschool. But to me, that doesnt seem to affect anyone. the only people who are lacking in education are those few students who simply dont try. which, indeed every school has. Holliday high has just won the TX state UIL academic championship. The GPA in 10th graders only 3 points seperate 1st from 15th out of about 62 students. i highly disagree that you would be able to find a better well rounded school in the wichita falls area then holliday. yes athletics is a big part, but so are the UIL academics. do you have to be in either one to be a well educated/ diciplined student? no, but it doesnt hurt. i am the head of the cross country team, distance runner in track, and a band member. an overall wonderful school

Holliday High School 0

Posted April 13, 2009
Great school. My kids received a wonderful, well rounded education here. All school produce some sour apples, but the success of the hard working former students speaks loudly.

Posted April 29, 2008
Holliday is the largest school district in Region IX to receive the TEA designation of 'Recognized'. AP classes are offered and teachers have received the 'AP' designation. Distance learning college classes are offered through Vernon College. The school is successful in providing a variety of educational experiences of kids.

Posted June 08, 2007
As a former student of Holliday ISD, I think that Holliday is the best school in Texas. Our teachers and staff are the very best there is. The teachers teach us about life lessons that we would use in every day life. Im a middle school student (8th grader) and think that they do an excellent job teaching us. They challenge us, and keep us healthy, they respect us and encourege us.(Like they have always done.) Im also in athletics but our coaches are very involved in our grades and how are attitudes are, cause without a positive attidude there is no positive acopplisher. The whole staff cares about you and encourages you to the better. Im glad to be an Holliday student, they have a great training process and all of my friends think so to. Thank you.

Holliday High School 2

Posted September 08, 2006
- a former student
As a former student of Holliday High School, I would not recommend this program to most students. The quality of the education received is sufficiently lacking, especially as preparation for college. There are a few dedicated teachers who are committed to helping students succeed. However, the faculty is flooded with coaches who are primarily concerned with athletics. The high school does have a few successful extracurricular, non-athletic programs but those exist because of the hard work of particular faculty sponsors and students who are willing to constantly challenge the administration on resources. The community and administration view the school as primarily an athletic institute. This perception transfers to everything from funding priorities to how discipline is selectively applied in the student body. I feel that any student would receive more ample educational opportunities in the Wichita Falls School System.

Posted January 17, 2006
Holliday High School is one of only two schools in Texas to have earned the Lone Star Cup five years. The Lone Star Cup is awarded to schools earning the most points in all University Scholastic League contests in a given year. The UIL events include athletic and academic contests. Over 90% of the high school students are involved in some type of extracurricular event. The high student involvement and caring attitude of the faculty lead Holliday HS to be the excellent educational institution it is.

Holliday High School 2

Posted January 12, 2006
Holliday has the best athletics department around the wichita falls area. They focus to much on that and not enough on other areas. I think their academics is lacking and so is their disipline.

Holliday High School
P O Box 947, Holliday, TX  76366
Last modified Holliday High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holliday High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top