Bad
Good

Meyerpark Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2014
we need to know will there be school on 1/29/2014 we have a hard freezes tonight for early tomorrow please let us know.

Posted July 16, 2013
This is definitely a school where fun learning takes place and the teachers love their job along with the principal.

Posted April 11, 2013
My son has attended MeyerPark for two years and he loves it. Most of the time he doesn't want to leave. The teachers and staff are very caring and professional. The test score results are not accurate because there is only one grade level class per grade. The ratio for student to teacher is great however, if two students out the 18 fail the test then the score suffers. The school now has all kinds of activities for the children to do. MeyerPark offers: drama club, ballet,step team,pep rallies, and fun days. So if you are looking for small class size and a fun learning environment MarkPark is the place. - submitted by parent

Posted February 23, 2010
I have three kids. Two of them have already graduated from Meyerpark and I have on in the fifth grade now. I am so pleased with the school especially since next year they will be going to the sixth grade. The principal demands a lot from the teachers and kids and will work along side the teachers to help with the students. There have been many times when I have seen her in tutorials or sitting in a classroom. The state results are missleading for me. The classes are small and there is only one grade of the upper grades so if three students are not successful on the TAKS the effects are felt across the testing grades. Meyerpark does more than teach to a test. They have drill team, coed basketball, drama club and they used to have boyscouts. I love the teachers here they are very real and caring.

Posted October 16, 2009
My boys have only started attending this school this year but so far I see a big difference in my oldest boy (he is in 3rd grade) behavior and attitude towards school. I believe he feels better about learning. I attribute this to the teachers---they are demanding excellence in the classroom while providing him with the tools to acheive it! The only thing I recommend at this time is a PTO or PAC(parent action committee) should be added. I pray that all continues on this same path for it has been great seeing my son feel so empowered by learning!

Posted November 13, 2008
My daughter has attended MeyerPark Elementary for 2 years. She was extremely shy when she began, not out going at all. She attended a Private Christian school prior to MeyerPark. She is in the 2nd grade, but reading on a 3rd grade level. She is more outgoing and communicates with confidence now. The key to a good working relationship between the children and the teachers is through parent involvement and continuous communication between the parent, teacher and student. As with any situation away from home, it is the parents responsibility to monitor their childs progress and make sure this is the best environment for their child. This is an excellent school, with staff that cares about their students and has a goal to educate them to the best of their ability.

Posted October 01, 2008
I have two students in MeyerPark 0ne is in the 4th grade and the other is in the fifth grade. My only which is that they would increase the grade level. I love this school and the staffs is awesome.

Meyerpark Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2008
My 3 children attended Meyerpark for a very short time until I transferred them to a new school. I was not pleased with how some of the teachers communicated with the students nor the way they attempted to abuse their power in order to control the student's behavior. Meyerpark appears to have a caring and concerned executive director; however, until the staff adopts the same mindset and principles the school cannot progress. Unfortunately, the principal did not resolve the issues/concerns that I had. Teachers and staff are a schools greatest resource and are who parents and students see first. Their conduct shapes how well the school is perceived and ultimately how it performs. Not all the teachers at Meyerpark conduct themselves in this manner, but it only takes a few to interfere with a child's learning ability.

Posted August 06, 2008
My son has attended Meyerpark since kindergarten and he's now in the 4th grade. He enjoys going to school and he learns something new everyday. The entire staff is very caring. I love that!

Posted October 05, 2007
I love this school my son is in kindergarten and is doing very well despite the unfair ratings, the teachers are very professional and caring, the only thing I would recommend is cheaper prices for the unifoms.

P O Box 35616, Houston, TX  77235
Last modified Meyerpark Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.