Danish Elementary School 1

Posted October 07, 2014
I wish my children did not have to attend this school but unfortunately I live zoned to this school. The assistant principal is not polite and seems as though she is miserable working in that profession. My son came home everyday and said he knew his teacher didn't like him which broke my heart. He told me she would be happy if he was not in her class. What kind of teacher could make a child feel like that? The process of disciplinary action was absurd. Leaving a child in ISS where they have no chance to learn is dispicable. I can imagine how teachers and staff treat the children because the way I am treated is disrespectful. The staff in the office treats you like a criminal and are not friendly. I could go on for days with more negatives about this aweful school.

Posted April 08, 2013
This is a very organized school, very secure, the teachers are great. My daughter attend 1st to 5th grade and she loved every minute of it. Teachers were responsive when issues arises. Principal also was responsive. The Principal really helped my with a Bully situation that was happening with my kid at the bus. I have all the respect for the school. My tax money was well spent here.

Danish Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2012
This is the worst school! The Principal & asst. Principal are bullies. Rhetoric make a practice of meeting with the children first and coherencing them to sign disciplinary papers before ever notifying parents. Their procedure of intimidating students must stop. If their is a behavior issue I should be notified and have the option to sit in a meeting where two adults address my child. To the school board I go.

Posted February 15, 2012
This school is wonderful. They really care about the kids' progress, communicate well and have good programs.

Posted February 14, 2012
Danish teachers are excelent!!they always kept contact with the parents to help the students do better ,thank you for all your hard work,and for all the assistance helping my child thank you

Danish Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2011
My son transferred to Danish last fall. His teacher was wonderful with him! She kept me and my husband informed about everything going on in the classroom including his behavior which we really appreciated. We truly worked in a partnership for our son. If he did act up in class, we were not offended if she told us about it! She was doing her job!! Once he understood the importance of good behavior and being a good student he excelled!!! She never treated him any differently from the other children. There were no "favorites". She treated and taught them wonderfully!

Danish Elementary School 3

Posted March 30, 2011
Club Rewind is terrible at this school! I realize this is for the school. Danish teachers are Great! The parents who do participate do Great! If you go you will see a huge lack of participation. Fact, the area is becoming more low income each day, which in and of itself is not a problem and I will just stop there, seperate channel. Club Rewind here is awful. Parents are not allowed to witness the program without an annoncement (warning) to the staff with your child that they are going to be seen. Most people who do bring there children to club rewind seem fine with this as long as someone, anyone, is "babysitting" there kid. Someone is up front to check your drivers license and check you in which is great, no problem. You have to wait for your child right there up front. The rules state you will be escorted to the back if you want to go, cool no problem. But there is not enough staff so they use a walkie talkie to tell the staff you are coming. They wait until a responce saying they are ready for a parent to come to the back!! Seriously!? It's for the safety of your child. Mindbenders are frequently missing, you will be lied to about that, homework is secondary to babysitting.

Danish Elementary School 2

Posted January 21, 2011
I am disappointed. There seems 2o b no tolerance or understanding. Kids will b kids and yes there is a fine line but 2 send notes home 4 every little thing is crazy. I don't recall a week that goes by w/out a note or a phone call and it is frustrating considering the fact that my kids act pretty normal at home which leads me 2 believe that something is happening w/in the classroom 2 trigger abnormal behavior. I have, on occasion, witnessed favoritism which should not b allowed or tolerated. I thought that each child should b given the same treatment regardless. I believe there r children that need extra attention but I was told point blank from a teacher that they just don't have the time and they have too many children in the classroom to offer such assistance. I think this is uncalled for as each child is important regardless of race, gender, background, etc. The teachers expect way too much. U can not teach a child and expect them 2 learn or change behavior right away. It's a process and unfortunately it takes time and effort however there is no patience or effort made in my opinion and observance.

Posted May 28, 2008
My son transferred the last month of the school year and his teacher, Miss Sharron, has done a superb job helping him adjust to the change. Thank you Miss Sharron!

Posted May 27, 2008

Danish Elementary School
11850 Fallbrook Drive, Houston, TX  77065
Last modified Danish Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Danish Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top