Richard Milburn Academy - Suburban 4

Posted July 31, 2013
i highly recommend RMA, the staff is very patient and succuss full in teaching my son, and he is a handfull to be honest.! the staff holds these students accountable for getting there education and being correct~ I like the hours of my son going ,getting educated and leaving, no time for hanging around to find trouble.! Also they have a constable that talks and gets to know the students on a good level. Mrs. West is a very direct and stable principal.

Richard Milburn Academy - Suburban 4

Posted February 02, 2013
I have three boys and all attend RMA in Houston. They love the school and have done a lot better with their grades and attendance. I am not fight them every morning to go to school. The campus is small and the teacher are able to give them the attention they need.

Richard Milburn Academy - Suburban 1

Posted January 30, 2012
I read the review most of them are nice. I just tried to call the school for information and telephone gives a disconnect message.

Richard Milburn Academy - Suburban 5

Posted January 09, 2009

Posted December 18, 2008
I would like to say since my daughter started this school she has stated she has learned more in this couple of months than she did the whole year in public school. The classes are smaller to where she can have a one on one interaction.

Posted December 17, 2008
RMA is a great school it gives the students a second chance to get it together. It has all the perks of your traditional high school in a smaller 'family' style' setting. The instructors are really conceerned about the students.

Posted September 29, 2008
Since my child started this school, his grades have been very good.He also has a better attitude and is more responsible. I am very happy with the school and staff.

Posted September 24, 2008
I'm a teacher and I had to comment on the parent's comment that RMA would 'make up rules as they go along in the year with any vritten documentation stating the rules.' Our rules are clearly stated in the student handbook, which every student must read and sign at the beginning of the year. Further, the comment that we 'they have poor teachers that do not teach on the things that schools are suppose to teach' is a large misstatement of fact. All of our teachers are trained and have years of experience in the subject they teach. We have a PHD in History who teaches the history courses here. It's like getting a college course for free. Our TAKS passing rates for English and History exceed the state average, and our performance in Science and Math are about on par with the rest of the state.

Posted September 22, 2008
RMA's a great school for those who enjoy a close personal relationship between the students and the staff. RMA specializes with helping students on a one on one basis! The hours of class are not very long but effective with the subject at hand. The staff really care, and they make it very easy to enjoy and learn your craft at the same time!

Richard Milburn Academy - Suburban 1

Posted September 18, 2008

Richard Milburn Academy - Suburban
500 Century Plaza Drive, Houston, TX  77073
Last modified Richard Milburn Academy - Suburban is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richard Milburn Academy - Suburban Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top